Tales of Symphonia Remastered will launch early next year

Twenty years after its original release for the Nintendo GameCube and ten years after its re-release on PS3, Bandai Namco will be bringing Tales of Symphonia to modern platforms in the form of Tales of Symphonia Remastered. This is a port of the Chronicles release of the game, which was previously released for PlayStation 3 and Steam, with this upcoming version of the game featuring "enhanced character models and enviroments", as well as improved controls for the Elemental Cargo ship part of the game. It'll be out on February 17, 2023, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The story and worldtelling is really good!
But oh boy did the game age bad. The graphics are okay, it fits the style. But the combat system is one of the most clunkiest of all tales of games. It is one of my all time favorites but even for me the battle system needs a massive overhaul.

Too bad that this game does not see the love it deserves. Looks like another bad port.

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have the PC version, no need to buy the another Remaster. But i feel always old when i hear something bout Remaster/Remake from an old Classic. :lol:

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
They could've brought us a Graces f remaster.
They could've brought us a Xillia 1+2 Definitive edition.
But no....
Let's focus on MORE SYMPHONIA PORTS because surely it's everyone's favorite, right?
.....right???

Jokes aside, it seems ever since Crestoria, Bamco don't really know what to do with the franchise (and no, I know about Arise, but technically that started development before Crestoria).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why are they splitting up a collection that was previously released and calling it a new release? How is that an improvement? Seems like a big step backwards to me.
If they're gonna release Dawn of the New World separately as well, and charge $20 for each, then sure, I'm okay with that. If they make it a full price release, no thanks.

Reactions: ZeroT21

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Too bad. I tried the PS3 version before and found the combat to be terribly unresponsive, unplayable to me, and the plot/chars/graphics wanting.

I was hoping for a 60fps version to come out, but we got this...

It's by far the most overrated Tales game (30 fps versions) IMHO, and I say this as a huge fan of the series.

Back to Dolphin + HD Texture packs then.
The story is great.

Graphics and gameplay... Well, not much.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Ohhh I was just about to start a replay! But... no PC? I guess that is a remaster in itself.
From what I've personally seen so far, this "remaster" doesn't really look like an improvement, so they're kinda doing the people who play it on PC a favor.

One is much better off using Kaldaien's Special K and their HD textures as a stand-in for a remaster probably, specially considering that they probably wouldn't make the game run at 60 FPS natively even if they brought this to PC themselves.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From what I've personally seen so far, this "remaster" doesn't really look like an improvement, so they're kinda doing the people who play it on PC a favor.

One is much better off using Kaldaien's Special K and their HD textures as a stand-in for a remaster probably, specially considering that they probably wouldn't make the game run at 60 FPS natively even if they brought this to PC themselves.

That's a pretty awesome solution, thanks for the link!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is my favorite tales of game. I have it preordered, special edition from the bandai namco store. I'm buying the ps4 version.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I wait for PSN to make the digital version available I am reading how bad the remaster is. So I downloaded the gamecube rom and unzipped to get disc 1 1.348,534. Is this both disks?

Pretty sure I will be happy playing the remaster on my PS5. The PS5 makes everything look better. Just in case though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I wait for PSN to make the digital version available I am reading how bad the remaster is. So I downloaded the gamecube rom and unzipped to get disc 1 1.348,534. Is this both disks?

Pretty sure I will be happy playing the remaster on my PS5. The PS5 makes everything look better. Just in case though.
Gamecube games are 1.35gb per disc. I'm sure the remastered version will be larger, but maybe not by much. I'm also looking forward to the game. I got the special edition from Bandai Namco, but I'm not sure if it's shipped. It better have for 8 bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8