Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
KingdomBlade said:
I prefer KVIrc.

Anyways, nice notification/post/bulletin thing.
Lol, you gotta tell that to Antoligy, that you prefer KVIrc.

Im using it too though
tongue.gif

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Honestly hope nobody joins that IRC. The people there are so rude.
Agreed. Last time i joined i got banned for simply having an opinion which was then converted to an "attitude" and used as ban reason. I don't even know how i got involved in something with opinions when what i came for in the first place was some technical advice. Therefore i got interested in this thread when it mentioned FAST6191 as he seems to be pretty wise, but then i saw the thread was in "General Off-Topic" and then i saw it was written by p1ngpong. Im sorry if i got it wrong, but from what i have seen so far he is one of these socalled "trolls" or similar to one at least which leads me to belive that this thread is about recruiting more people to go "lol" on IRC when someone uses a familiar knowyourmeme quote.

So sorry if i got it all wrong, i'm just going to be really disappointed if the treatment will be the same once i join again to discuss somewhat useful/serious matters.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
WioWao said:
Brian117 said:
Honestly hope nobody joins that IRC. The people there are so rude.
Agreed. Last time i joined i got banned for simply having an opinion which was then converted to an "attitude" and used as ban reason. I don't even know how i got involved in something with opinions when what i came for in the first place was some technical advice. Therefore i got interested in this thread when it mentioned FAST6191 as he seems to be pretty wise, but then i saw the thread was in "General Off-Topic" and then i saw it was written by p1ngpong. Im sorry if i got it wrong, but from what i have seen so far he is one of these socalled "trolls" or similar to one at least which leads me to belive that this thread is about recruiting more people to go "lol" on IRC when someone uses a familiar knowyourmeme quote.

So sorry if i got it all wrong, i'm just going to be really disappointed if the treatment will be the same once i join again to discuss somewhat useful/serious matters.

You kind of got it wrong yes, but not completely.

p1ngpong was a former troll indeed, years ago that is. But that was a long long time ago.

Since then I have been:

-GBAtemp irc staff
-Then promoted to a moderator
-Then promoted to a global moderator (now retired as of a month ago, not demoted as some like to believe, and moved to the regular members group instead of former staff by my own request)

Currently the only official position I hold is that of a GBAtemp irc server admin, as well as being an operator in the official channel. So I am more than qualified to make this thread.

I don't know the circumstances behind your ban, but admittedly irc was troubled in the past. Things are better now, we like to keep a balance of silliness as well as more serious discussions. Complete 4chan retards are not welcome on our channel though, that much is certain. So feel free to join, people don't get banned for having an opinion, they usually get banned for how they wish to argue it, if they are belligerent about it or so on.

Brian was trolling by the way.
smileipb2.png

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
You kind of got it wrong yes, but not completely.

p1ngpong was a former troll indeed, years ago that is. But that was a long long time ago.

Since then I have been:

-GBAtemp irc staff
-Then promoted to a moderator
-Then promoted to a global moderator (now retired as of a month ago, not demoted as some like to believe, and moved to the regular members group instead of former staff by my own request)

Currently the only official position I hold is that of a GBAtemp irc server admin, as well as being an operator in the official channel. So I am more than qualified to make this thread.

I don't know the circumstances behind your ban, but admittedly irc was troubled in the past. Things are better now, we like to keep a balance of silliness as well as more serious discussions. Complete 4chan retards are not welcome on our channel though, that much is certain. So feel free to join, people don't get banned for having an opinion, they usually get banned for how they wish to argue it, if they are belligerent about it or so on.

Brian was trolling by the way.
smileipb2.png

I confirm that every word of this is the truth.
We trust p1ngpong, and are very happy with his work toward improving GBAtemp.net .
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Tanveer said:
I go there sometimes, but nothing ever happens so I quit
tongue.gif
lol.

QUOTE(Hydreigon @ Jun 16 2011, 09:35 PM) I've joined the IRC multiple times before, but it doesn't seem very lively despite the number of people online...

Which is why we are trying to promote it to get it to be more active.

D

Deleted User

I used to go there daily. Last time I checked, many of the people who kept the chat interesting were gone.
I would still recommend checking it out though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    second of all, i don't even have a 3ds
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    OnlyWizard&WarioFans.com
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just want a wizard to stick his wand (whether literal or figurative is up to interpretation, either way it's either freaky or sus, or both i guess) up my ass
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm making Texas sheet cake for first time today, my Nieghbor brought us some few weeks ago and damn that's good, so I got her recipe and gonna try it today.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    mmm, sounds good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not a brownie, and its not a cake, so what is it- Texas sheet cake.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded out of the cakes everywhere while baking, was still ok tho, just no lava inside.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had our grandkids over yesterday and I got a small above ground swimming pool I filled for them to play in. Well today I woke to find 3 ducks swimming around in it. Don't mind really but they are annoyingly loud, quack quack. Gotta drain it today. Guess what were having for dinner, lol.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    BBQ'd 🦆
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also i'm sorry your molten lava cakes failed
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just looked up a pic of texas sheet cake, and it looks delicious
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🌋 Science Project?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used butter instead of vegetable oil, and think that's why they squirted out during baking, who knows
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah i think oil is the right call
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus if you're making brownies or lava cakes for people with dairy allergies, you should use oil instead of butter anyway
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a...