Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I just bought a 360 Slim with RHG. I noticed the temps seem a bit high, hitting almost 80ºC outside of a game.

I searched around and the consensus seem to be to use DashLaunch to set target temps and target 60 ~ 65ºC for the CPU. What about for GPU and EDRAM?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a phat, and mine are set at 60 degrees C, but the temps usually huddle around 50c for the cpu and 55 for the gpu. the ram gets to about that 60c mark. 80 sounds very high, especially for a slim. you should be able to do as good, if not better, than my phat, and probably have a lower fan volume. it's cooler than my ps3 slim, which has thresholds set at 68c, but I usually don't hear the slim's fan unless it's quiet. the 360's, definitely.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, you can set each threshold in dashlaunch or via a nand build. if you set it in dashlaunch, it will carry over to the next nand build even with dashlaunch not installed. it's written directly to the nand and doesn't use the launch.ini.

Reactions: pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you.

btw, you can set each threshold in dashlaunch or via a nand build. if you set it in dashlaunch, it will carry over to the next nand build even with dashlaunch not installed. it's written directly to the nand and doesn't use the launch.ini.

I'm still understanding how the thing with Xbox 360 work. In what occasion would you preform another NAND build?

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just bought a 360 Slim with RHG. I noticed the temps seem a bit high, hitting almost 80ºC outside of a game.

I searched around and the consensus seem to be to use DashLaunch to set target temps and target 60 ~ 65ºC for the CPU. What about for GPU and EDRAM?

I have 2 trinities and those idle at around 75c. After playing games for 1 hour or so, Xexmenu said the CPU is at 78.5. Those are after changing the thermal paste too, no delid tho.

If you are bothered with your temperature, it is better to set a target temperature at Dashlaunch. If I am not wrong the default target temp for trinity (maybe other slims too) is 80c.

I am more concerned about southbridge. When I installed my RGH, I touched the southbridge and it was quite hot. I placed an RPI heatsink on it to perhaps prolong its lifetime. I heard that the southbridge is the most common failure point on the slims.

Last edited by r5xscn,
Reactions: pustal

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 trinities and those idle at around 75c. After playing games for 1 hour or so, Xexmenu said the CPU is at 78.5. Those are after changing the thermal paste too, no delid tho.

If you are bothered with your temperature, it is better to set a target temperature at Dashlaunch. If I am not wrong the default target temp for trinity (maybe other slims too) is 80c.

I am more concerned about southbridge. When I installed my RGH, I touched the southbridge and it was quite hot. I placed an RPI heatsink on it to perhaps prolong its lifetime. I heard that the southbridge is the most common failure point on the slims.
Using an RPI heatsink is low key a genius idea!

Reactions: r5xscn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0