Team-Xecuter announces future-proof Switch exploit

Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This solution will work on ANY Nintendo Switch console regardless of the currently installed firmware, and will be completely future proof. This is *the* solution for opening up CFW (Custom FirmWare) on the Nintendo Switch. We want to move the community forward and provide a persistent, stable and fast method of running your own code and custom firmware patches on Nintendo's latest flagship product. And we think we've succeeded!

Below you can find a quick video showcasing a Nintendo Switch booting up, but there s something funny going on, can you spot it?

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Its been proven piracy doesn't harm game sales and I have yet to see a console actually fail because of piracy. Console piracy is a very small subsection of console users, most console owners don't have the capacity to even follow directions for a free software-only exploit, let alone a hardmod that involves opening the system.
I'm familiar with that stat.
I slept on it and i realized piracy may be actually "harder" on the Switch compared to PS4 if it had any mainly do to the shear size of games. Since Ninty is rolling out those 64gb Carts soon, people intending to pirate games would still need to shell out a lot of cash for large SD cards. So its either spend money on games or SD cards.
I don't have a switch so i don't know if USB storage is a thing.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not how it works. The revision fixes the immediate/known issues and exploits. Nobody is saying a new revision is unhackable.
???????????? what do you mean?
just saying if the vulnerability is fixed in new revision then newer firmwares might not be exploitable. Again look at the wii, the very early models all had the boot rsa signature flaw which allowed them to have something simillar to b9s on 3ds, yet newer hardware revisions cant have that because has been fixed...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and also why are you talking about backdoors? do you even know what a backdoor is?

This makes no sense. If they make a hardware revision (not a new design, such as a "Nintendo New Switch") then the revision will most likely only fix the original problem.
Such as, if the original problem consisted of sending the wrong instruction under x circumstance, then they will fix it by sending the right instruction

Like Memoir says below me, nobody is saying a new revision is "unhackable". Only that by creating a hardware revision, they aren't opening it up to new bugs.

You meant old bugs , new bugs is where people test new hardware for old vulnerabilities rather then new ones ;)

I heard about backdoors goto www.Intel.com it seems they have them in spades

Last edited by Athlon-pv,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

hiya cfw for dsi i asked whats next in one of my blogs...
then bam switch mod chips
what?

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware

After a while they'll stop supporting the first gen of their "unpatchable" device and claim that Nintendo blocked it, if you want to continue, you'll have to update to a new device. Just like 360 days.

D

Deleted User

I'd start graciously rejoicing right now, but I'm in class and I can't make a scene.

I was streaming linux on ps4 and the viewers didnt believe me when i told them they were like but you are on the ps4 and im like DONT YOU UNDERSTAND??!! Huge news this scene is so dwarfing last gen xbox one dev mode ps4 just abused at this point and now switch coming along nicely we moving out here!

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I still cannot believe that here we are, less than a year since the Switch launched, and already there is a homebrew launcher and CFW being developed.

Instead of playing certain games on my Wii U, I will probably wait to play their ports. It is time for me to start saving up for a Switch!
Ouch, he destroyed his own reputation. Nobody finally tracked him down I guess.
I think I did...
http://rockfordmugshots.com/profile/1274350/charles-gee-hundshamer/

https://bailbondcity.com/indiana/insex-inmate-HUNDSHAMER/886043

I ordered some hardmod-ready Micro SD adapters from him a few years ago (they got sent back to him because he probably got my address wrong, but I received them the second time they were shipped out), and I did a search for the name on the envelope and found these.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
etika.jpg

God damn, that was fast. Nintendo's choice of Nvidia obviously wasn't smart on their part.

Reactions: PICTOCHAT

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware

After a while they'll stop supporting the first gen of their "unpatchable" device and claim that Nintendo blocked it, if you want to continue, you'll have to update to a new device. Just like 360 days.
that is not what happened in the 360 days though
you had to get new hardware because M$ made new hardware revisions on the drive or used different manufacturers and had a shit ton of different drives
they didn't claim anything the HW was actually revised and new hardware was actually needed if it wasn't then someone would have figured it out and they had competition from lizard too
of course Nintendo will make new hardware revision that will block or try and block the hack and future ones

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Its been proven piracy doesn't harm game sales and I have yet to see a console actually fail because of piracy. Console piracy is a very small subsection of console users, most console owners don't have the capacity to even follow directions for a free software-only exploit, let alone a hardmod that involves opening the system.

citation on this?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
citation on this?
The study was linked a page or so back, I quoted the post below:

You know you would think at this point most of the people in this forum would've heard of the piracy study that showed that piracy has no effect on sales, and even the most skeptical of us would at least consider who would want to suppress it, why they would want to suppress and just how they actually got the EU. to withhold it.

The US entertainment industry straight fucking owns politicians. The governors of TWO states are actors, as well as an EX-PRESIDENT. Nevermind that the current sitting president that had a television show, (since it was before his time). There's really only one organization that could force the EU to suppress their own study, obviously the US govt.

Edit: Originally I attributed the Study to Britain, It was awhile since I heard anything of it (and my memory sucks). Here is a link to the actual paper produced from the study).
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what it sounds like to me, and probably is also why TX is claiming that it can't be patched without a hardware revision. I'm just running on straight speculation here. I do know that the CLKscrew research was published in August, and that the Switch is just another ARM system so it isn't really much of a reach to think that TX could've started working on it at anytime between August and their announcement (if indeed it is based on that specific glitch/vuln). Spring sounds pretty optimistic if they haven't been working on it since then.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that's an apple but same idea