Team-Xecuter announces future-proof Switch exploit

Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This solution will work on ANY Nintendo Switch console regardless of the currently installed firmware, and will be completely future proof. This is *the* solution for opening up CFW (Custom FirmWare) on the Nintendo Switch. We want to move the community forward and provide a persistent, stable and fast method of running your own code and custom firmware patches on Nintendo's latest flagship product. And we think we've succeeded!

Below you can find a quick video showcasing a Nintendo Switch booting up, but there s something funny going on, can you spot it?

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW
I have an important question about this, if it's really going to be modchip
Will we see a market on gbatemp with trusted member we can pay to install the modchip inside our switch?

We'll just have to wait and see. If it is a modchip of sorts then I'm sure installations services will pop up. We had quite a few people offering 3DS NAND hardware mods when it was popular.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll toss in my $0.02 like everyone else.

First off, a LOT of you have reading comprehension problems and are ignorant of history and the world around you when it comes to console hacking.

On the TX site, it clearly states that this hacked will work on ALL CURRENT FIRMWARES! If you're on 1.0, 2.3, 3.0....IT DOES NOT MATTER! There's nothing special about staying on an older firmware or worrying about upgrading. IT WILL WORK ON ALL CURRENT FIRMWARES!

And bitching and moaning about whether or not soldering will be required..... WHO GIVES A F*CK!!!!!! If you're too dumb to wield a soldering iron, pay somebody to do it. There are people on here (myself included) who have ZERO problems with soldering whatever needs done. Stop crying about, "Nobody wants a soldering hack." I'm fine with whatever hack TX puts forth.

Last edited by gene0915,

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

So it is a mon chip... I'd like to see if this affects anything else thermals cooling Etc. And I wonder if their claim will stand the test of time because Nintendo has patch stuff in before I would like to see what makes this so foolproof before I go and buy it

Reactions: GamingAori

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe you missed your chance to use the classic meme.

4396c55d963640f3b81ef027e2748fb7

I think by classic you mean overused right? :ha:

Reactions: Dominator211

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We'll just have to wait and see. If it is a modchip of sorts then I'm sure installations services will pop up. We had quite a few people offering 3DS NAND hardware mods when it was popular.
Yea, I've heard about those 3ds hacking market on gbatemp...
Hardware unbricking and such
I also heard about a guy who stole the 3ds of guy who were shipping it to him

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's wait.
Wiikey U....
Had nothing to do with TX....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, if it's a modchip which it will be hardware of some sorts because it's TX, they don't release anything for free. Will I be back in business, yes. The person stealing 3ds has long since been banned. I wonder if everyone ended up getting theirs back...

cagycee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll toss in my $0.02 like everyone else.

First off, a LOT of you have reading comprehension problems and are ignorant of history and the world around you when it comes to console hacking.

On the TX site, it clearly states that this hacked will work on ALL CURRENT FIRMWARES! If you're on 1.0, 2.3, 3.0....IT DOES NOT MATTER! There's nothing special about staying on an older firmware or worrying about upgrading. IT WILL WORK ON ALL CURRENT FIRMWARES!

Next. Yes, TX bombed out with the Wiikey U but I think they started taking pre-orders in early 2014 and as they were ramping up, I think they realized that software hacking of the Wii U was right around the corner (and it was) so they pulled the plug as nobody was going to pay for something they could do via software. Could TX have handled that situation better, yes. But, they have a SOLID reputation with hacking the XB and XB360, there is no denying that. They're not some, nobody group.

And bitching and moaning about whether or not soldering will be required..... WHO GIVES A F*CK!!!!!! If you're too dumb to wield a soldering iron, pay somebody to do it. There are people on here (myself included) who have ZERO problems with soldering whatever needs done. Stop crying about, "Nobody wants a soldering hack." I'm fine with whatever hack TX puts forth.
Thanks. That was annoying me too. :rofl:

Reactions: sonicwolfsdutch

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had nothing to do with TX....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, if it's a modchip which it will be hardware of some sorts because it's TX, they don't release anything for free. Will I be back in business, yes. The person stealing 3ds has long since been banned. I wonder if everyone ended up getting theirs back...
ok
so I hope we will see a list of trusted user for hardware hacking service pinned in the Switch hacking section

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure what happened with who you're referring to. Here's a list. (Depending on the size of the points some of the modders may not be comfortable doing it if the TX solution requires soldering.)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have another question
If it do is a modchip... how will it works?
I mean, a modchip on Wii u, or ps4, or xbo, that would make sense, to allow the console to read burned disc
But Switch doesn't use disc, so... will it come with a flashcard? or some sort?
or the hack will install itself when plugged in the console?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question
I mean, a modchip on Wii u, or ps4, or xbo, that would make sense, to allow the console to read burned disc

Modchip don't target just the dvd drive, they target bios.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question
It'll probably bridge into a few pins on the CPU to insert itself into the boot process

That's my guess, anyway

Reactions: weatMod

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modchip don't target just the dvd drive, they target bios.
and whats the point of hacking the bios in a tl;dr way?
is it like where the bootrom is located?
If so, does that mean we will acces to a CFW and such menu we get by pressing Select/Start when booting?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS