Team-Xecuter announces future-proof Switch exploit

Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This solution will work on ANY Nintendo Switch console regardless of the currently installed firmware, and will be completely future proof. This is *the* solution for opening up CFW (Custom FirmWare) on the Nintendo Switch. We want to move the community forward and provide a persistent, stable and fast method of running your own code and custom firmware patches on Nintendo's latest flagship product. And we think we've succeeded!

Below you can find a quick video showcasing a Nintendo Switch booting up, but there s something funny going on, can you spot it?

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and whats the point of hacking the bios in a tl;dr way?
is it like where the bootrom is located?
If so, does that mean we will acces to a CFW and such menu we get by pressing Select/Start when booting?

No idea, I recall on the first xbox, bios were selected on bank switches that were on the modchip itself. Until further information is released nobody really will know anything. TX keeps a tight lid on everything and I can't even recall any leaks from their team. This I do know, it will not be FREE by any means.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No idea, I recall on the first xbox, bios were selected on bank switches that were on the modchip itself. Until further information is released nobody really will know anything. TX keeps a tight lid on everything and I can't even recall any leaks from their team. This I do know, it will not be FREE by any means.
yea i guessed it wouldn't be free
It's not a software mod, so it can't really be downloaded on any torrent site
it's a hardware mod, a chip or cartridge you find on online market
If it really is a modchip, then you will obviously pay for

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by Issac, , Reason: Edited out the key,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is a good thing to consumers, because we can play our legal backups without juggling game cards.

So I'm excited to see where this modchip goes. Maybe it can be dissected later, and made into a full CFW later on.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Piracy is a good thing to consumers, because we can play our legal backups without juggling game cards.

So I'm excited to see where this modchip goes. Maybe it can be dissected later, and made into a full CFW later on.

you mean switch cant download games to micro sd?

jayro you make it sounds the switch is NES level tech.

maybe it is. considering it was easy to get to this point in hacking.

:yayswitch:

Last edited by Flame,

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmmm the only way to stop them somehow with their upcomming "paid solutions" (for the anti-piracy scene ofc) is to release their "free of charge tools" for the same things before them (which means both homebrew and piracy). Basically, a limbo state for the whole scene (both of them, piracy and anti-piracy related scene).

:teach:

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U was a lost cause.

Except the Wii U actually had a pretty good library. It was marketing alone that killed the Wii U. DKC: Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kirby & the Rainbow Curse, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, Super Mario Maker, Paper Mario Color Splash, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Yoshi's Woolly World, Super Mario/Luigi U, and I'm sure several others that I forgot.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
you mean switch cant download games to micro sd?

jayro you make it sounds the switch is NES level tech.

maybe it is. considering it was easy to get to this point in hacking.

:yayswitch:
Judging by the hacking scene's quick progress, it seems simpler than the Wii U, or they're just working harder.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Judging by the hacking scene's quick progress, it seems simpler than the Wii U, or they're just working harder.
My bet on they're working harder
Switch is more a succes than wii u, plus it has better hardware, so better possibilities for homebrew

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Except the Wii U actually had a pretty good library. It was marketing alone that killed the Wii U. DKC: Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kirby & the Rainbow Curse, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, Super Mario Maker, Paper Mario Color Splash, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Yoshi's Woolly World, Super Mario/Luigi U, and I'm sure several others that I forgot.
Had a good, small library. HIS argument was sheer numbers. You can argue whatever reasons you please. The WiiU was a lost cause. Plain and simple.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
im hearing Team-Xecuter device will have a funny taste to it.

the taste will be delicious piracy.

zOBUmCO.gif

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s awesome, if this pulls through haha at the people who choose to not enjoy there switch at all to stay on the previous cw. Time to dust it off folks.

Reactions: netovsk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...