Team-Xecuter announces future-proof Switch exploit

Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This solution will work on ANY Nintendo Switch console regardless of the currently installed firmware, and will be completely future proof. This is *the* solution for opening up CFW (Custom FirmWare) on the Nintendo Switch. We want to move the community forward and provide a persistent, stable and fast method of running your own code and custom firmware patches on Nintendo's latest flagship product. And we think we've succeeded!

Below you can find a quick video showcasing a Nintendo Switch booting up, but there s something funny going on, can you spot it?

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping installation won't be too difficult, and that it won't take a hit on battery life. Once it comes out, it will be my first console hardmod apart from a simply solder bridge to tsop flash my original xbox. Though I might get an ultrahdmi by then depending on when it releases, so it may be the second one.
if does take a hit on battery life it will probably still be less of a hit than being 3.0.0 with it's battery bug

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
>implying that Nintendo didn;t already have a switch HW revision in the works before they even released the 1st one
>nintendo
>really revising hardware
nintendo "revisions" are just the same thing but crippled.
look at all their revisions.
hell, they even revised the 3ds like 4 times and still didn't changed anything to stop piracy.
at least they tried with the wii changing the dvd drive and later changing boot1.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if you can sell people a shovel just because they can't dig in the dirt themselves, go for it. I imagine that this was a fairly easy chip to develop what with the Switch's hardware being documented years ago. This news still isn't going to sell me one, though. The game library is looking a lot like the Wii U's, and I just see it as another platform to ram Mario titles up your ass. I couldn't care any less about the indie platform either since none of it is exclusive.

D

Deleted-355425

Hopefully this will force all the people working on or has hoarded exploits that lead to cfw to release what they have because team xecutor will be the prominent team with all firmwares covered. Softmods are always more welcome to hardmods for their convenience.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Of all piracy way, chipmod is the worst.

Not only it expensive like flashcart but also risky to install and totally null your warranty. I wouldn't touch it on release, it too risky even for the one who mad about piracy game like me.

Reactions: Alex1234

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this will force all the people working on or has hoarded exploits that lead to cfw to release what they have because team xecutor will be the prominent team with all firmwares covered. Softmods are always more welcome to hardmods for their convenience.
You can wish in one hand and shit in the other. Let me know which hand fills up faster.

Of all piracy way, chipmod is the worst.

Not only it expensive like flashcart but also risky to install and totally null your warranty. I wouldn't touch it on release, it too risky even for the one who mad about piracy game like me.
"Pirate since 2010". I lol'd. So, you're not an actual pirate, but a leech.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if you can sell people a shovel just because they can't dig in the dirt themselves, go for it. I imagine that this was a fairly easy chip to develop what with the Switch's hardware being documented years ago. This news still isn't going to sell me one, though. The game library is looking a lot like the Wii U's, and I just see it as another platform to ram Mario titles up your ass. I couldn't care any less about the indie platform either since none of it is exclusive.
Have you not seen the third party AAA devs jumping on board?
Wait, are you the guy I argued with when the switch launched about whether it was or wasn't going to get third party support? Your name seems familiar.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
All of that sounds good except Android. How many portable Android devices do we really need?

Yes... why wouldn't we wan't a port of Android, giving us instant access to:

• Emulators for all systems up to and including SEGA Saturn & Dreamcast, plus Gamecube (debatable performance...)
  • Sonic 1&2, sonic CD, Sonic 4 episodes I & II
  • Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem... or whatever your favourite flavour of retro 3d-Shooter happens to be
  • Kodi, Netflix, Hulu, and a whole range of other apps
  • A massive choice of web browsers
  • Microsoft Word & Excel or open alternatives if you prefer
  • Dropbox, OneDrive, Goolge Drive storage access
  • TeamViewer, RDP, VNC and a whole host of other streaming solutions
?

I guess with just those couple of little bits, I can see why you'd think an Android port wouldn't be useful... :unsure:

Personally an Android port would make Switch an instant-buy for me; I'm not going to dump $300 down just to play the latest Mario Kart. But being able to play the latest Mario Kart (and a 2D Mario when released, and an overhead Zelda if one ever comes out) plus Daytona, Sega Rally & NiGHTS into Dreams along with access to my entire Amiga & Dos collection would totally make it worth while.

And there is no portable Android device with built-in controls on the market right now as powerful as the Switch, let alone one with such a convenient docking facility.

Last edited by Pleng,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0