Hacking Team Xecuter delay for the Coronavirus in China ?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus chill. Coronavirus is not good news but it's not as bad as SARS. Going by current data it has a mortality rate of 1.9%. SARS had around 7%. Ebola has between 25% and 90%. There are around 500 confirmed deaths for the Coronavirus and around 1000 people have reportedly RECOVERED. Companies are (rightfully) being careful to not make it worse but that does not mean that the world is about to collapse...
Ofc it's not a flu but at the same time it's not the spanish flu either...
weatMod is just being a freaking alarmist/conspiracy theorist.
>1 post by this user

Thanks Chang , XI thank you for you loyalty to the party
0.001 yuan have been deposited in your account

http://www.asianage.com/technology/...in-central-china-plant-to-be-quarantined.html

https://www.gamereactor.asia/nintendo-katakan-penundaan-produksi-switch-akibat-adanya-coronavirus/

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I kinda disagree in general people don't think that far and will stop at "solder"
I think the majority of people like that are not the kinds of people that would mod even if its solderless.

if there's no other option I think it will sell okay, but not as well as a non solder option.
of course a no-solder option will sell more than a solder option, people follow the path of least resistance,
i think you underestimate people's desire to save money, whether you are pro or anti-piracy you can't argue it doesn't save customers money.
keeping that in mind we know businesses that mod consoles wouldn't have been able to exist if everyone had the skillset to do the mods themselves and yet they have.

we can also can look at soldered hacks for many generations of consoles and clearly they were profitable enough to not only develop their current gen respective hacks but put R&D into hacks for new systems etc.

if they didnt make money that wouldnt be possible.

pastapojken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
>1 post by this user

Thanks Chang , XI thank you for you loyalty to the party
0.001 yuan have been deposited in your account
Yeah mate I'm 100% chinese... yupp! "pastapojken" is def chinese lol
literally made an account cus I was tired of checking gbatemp for modchip news as a lurker and seeing this bullshit.
Yeah, quarantine because it spreads. Doesn't mean the world is gonna end like you & your youtube videos seem to think. Even if the mortality rate is double what we think it is, it's still not that bad. People are being cautious because we don't want a SARS #2 or something like the spanish flu, but that doesn't mean the apocalypse is coming and the economy is gonna collapse....

Last edited by pastapojken,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Y'all a bunch o'wusses.
Buy them injectors in bulk. The virus will die in 24h outside of a viable host.
Go and get'em, dogs.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all a bunch o'wusses.
Buy them injectors in bulk. The virus will die in 24h outside of a viable host.
Go and get'em, dogs.
some are saying 9 to 28 days
either way anything you order from China will take at least that long to arrive even under normal circumstances
but i would not order anything from China right now , they just locked down more provinces , not it is over 150 million under lock down
if you order something you will probably never get it

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
some are saying 9 to 28 days
either way anything you order from China will take at least that long to arrive even under normal circumstances
but i would not order anything from China right now , they just locked down more provinces , not it is over 150 million under lock down
if you order something you will probably never get it
Are you sure you are not confounding that with incubation tiempo, amigo?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update
Capturmme.png

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/08/cor...ufacturing-could-ripple-through-holidays.html

Andre Neumann-Loreck, founder of On-Tap Consulting, a Silicon Valley firm that specializes in advising hardware companies and startups building products in Asia, said that his clients had been asking a lot of questions about how to deal with the epidemic and were actively making contingency plans.

“Companies that are building hardware or physical products are in crisis mode now, and that’s true whether they’re getting finished goods built in China or relying on China for components and sub-assemblies,” Neumann-Loreck said.

For example, Facebook warned on Friday that it was expecting the coronavirus to impact the production of its Oculus Quest virtual reality headsets.

Last edited by weatMod,

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So Aliexpress has sent today the tires that i order a month ago , it seems that they are back to work , maybe will have news from Tx xecuter soon

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I rather having a modchip delayed than having this forum filled with people complaining of having the coronavirus for modding their switch

Reactions: matias3ds

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have seen in some official reseller that is true
There are official resellers but they are taking pre orders for the pre orders .
I woudnt bet that its going to be out for at least another 2 month .
And the reason i expect at least 2 month has nothing in common with coronavirus , its just because sample for the tester has not been send yet , and they give no info about when thet are going to send the samples

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are official resellers but they are taking pre orders for the pre orders .
I woudnt bet that its going to be out for at least another 2 month .
And the reason i expect at least 2 month has nothing in common with coronavirus , its just because sample for the tester has not been send yet , and they give no info about when thet are going to send the samples

>has nothing to do with corona virus
> just because test units have no gone out yet

LOL why do you think they have not sent out test units yet
hint: it's because they can't even get the parts to make them because the supply chains in China are all fucked up .... DUE TO CORONA VIRUS

2 months does seem like a pretty good estimate though

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: matias3ds

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the end it's great it keeps getting delayed (if they really have any modchip at all), now we just need a Switch Pro announcement and then we're good to go.
i have no doubts that they have it , but a switch pro might not be susceptible to the same exploit
then again it might be no matter what Nintendo does anyways
but i don't think we are going to see a switch pro anytime soon
even if N was planning it it would likely be delayed for the exact same reasons as the TX chip is being delayed
and there is already a problem just getting a regular switch , people are gouging up to $500 for them
but i don't see why i looked a few days ago and seemed to be able to get them from a certain retailer with just a little patients
also i find it strange the switch lite has no supply problems but regular switch sort of does i guess, but again if i just kept refreshing the page i was able to get them after not that long so i really don;t know what is going on

Last edited by weatMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch