ROM Hack Telefang 2 Full Translation Patch

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please realize there's a proper retranslation patch with fixes for stuff like that underway. There's not going to be any further efforts to try and fix the old quick and dirty bootleg patch.

(Maybe we should just make a new thread in order to properly distinguish the old, quick-and-dirty patch from the current effort.)

D

Deleted User

Hmm the ips patch on the first post gives me a white/blank screen after the press x to continue message, i'm using VBA, any idea how to fix it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm the ips patch on the first post gives me a white/blank screen after the press x to continue message, i'm using VBA, any idea how to fix it?
I used VBA-M to do most of my testing, it should work fine.
Remember the patch is only for the Power version, Speed version will not work/will break horribly.
Make sure you are using a clean, unmodified Power version as the base for the patch (in VBA I think you can also name the IPS patch the same as the ROM and it will be applied on the fly, didn't test this though)

Please realize there's a proper retranslation patch with fixes for stuff like that underway. There's not going to be any further efforts to try and fix the old quick and dirty bootleg patch.

(Maybe we should just make a new thread in order to properly distinguish the old, quick-and-dirty patch from the current effort.)
Speaking of this, since you're on hiatus, it would be nice if you could release that fixed VWF along with any other little improvements as a final version of the bootleg patch, since it appears there's still some interest in it. Or send me the changes and I'll pack it up myself. :P
I think I still have my project directory laying around somewhere that I could just drop the fixed VWF and anything else into.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks i had to set the save type to 64k on VBA it was 128k and that caused the white screen.
I also found this http://www.romhacking.net/translations/786/
I think it's by a different group, maybe it helps fix the engrish at some points.
That one is very old. It only has a few lines translated at the very beginning of the game. :P
It was made by Normmatt who did the ASM hacking work on this translation patch as well.

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Speaking of this, since you're on hiatus, it would be nice if you could release that fixed VWF along with any other little improvements as a final version of the bootleg patch, since it appears there's still some interest in it. Or send me the changes and I'll pack it up myself. :P
I think I still have my project directory laying around somewhere that I could just drop the fixed VWF and anything else into.

Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Thing is, there's a few changes and I don't know *exactly* what changed in the asm/resources folders, so I'll just send the entire directories to you instead.

When I get out of this hiatus, I'll just make an entirely new thread for the non-bootleg translation too. Just to remove the confusion from this thread. :P

Reactions: zfreeman

ROBO-MAN

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I take advantage of the fact that who preceded me bumped this thread to ask the same question.
Hey @The Real Jdbye the project of a new, more correct translation of this game has been abandoned?
You couldn't find anyone to at least correct/edit the existing texts?
Thank you.:)

I came to a Telefang Discord community with this question.
T2 translation was not abandoned, but hold until T1 translation finished.

Reactions: Nikokaro

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As far as I know Telefang1 for gbc has already been fully translated into english, and the translation can be found on Romhacking.net. Am I wrong?:unsure:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2746/ clearly states it's unfinished.
It gets an update every now and then, but progress is slow.
I take advantage of the fact that who preceded me bumped this thread to ask the same question.
Hey @The Real Jdbye the project of a new, more correct translation of this game has been abandoned?
You couldn't find anyone to at least correct/edit the existing texts?
Thank you.:)
The idea of fixing/improving the bootleg translation was abandoned in favor of starting over from scratch, then DaVince put that on hold and decided to help with Telefang 1 instead. However I believe he's on hiatus/too busy with real life to work on anything and has been for some time, there are still other people working on it, progress is just very slow. Their plan was always to translate T2 after T1 is finished. It looks like the T1 translation is almost finished now, so we might not have to wait too long.

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Wow.... Telefang! 😍 I likes this games! 👍 Just waiting for 100% proper English translations for Telefang 1 and 2 right now. 🎮

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ