Temper Tantrums #1 - Keeping with current trends

Temper Tantrums (the GBAtemp webcomic) - issue #1 "Keeping with current trends"

Illustrated by @shaunj66 (follow me on Twitter)[prebreak][/prebreak]

< Previous comic | Next comic >

1.png

< Previous comic | Next comic >

Welcome to Temper Tantrums

GBAtemp's very own webcomic! Yes you read that correctly, and no it's not 2005 anymore but what the heck, let's have a bit of fun anyway! After months of preparation work, concept art, jokes, ideas, we're releasing the very first iteration of Temper Tantrums, our webcomic featuring Tempy and other video game characters. Temper Tantrums will be centered on video games, but we may occasionally wander in the realms of IT, cinema, pop culture, and more fun stuff.

While Shaun, the artist who gave life to Tempy, is a professional graphic designer, the gags are written by some of the staff so bear with us if our jokes aren't always to your liking (can't please everyone!). We're doing this tongue in cheek, we don't take ourselves too seriously so you shouldn't either. But we promise we'll get better along the way, and you can even contribute if you feel like it: we have special thread dedicated to joke ideas in the Temper Tantrum forum. So if you ever come up with a great joke please make sure to post it, you'll be credited for it and receive a nice +100 XP bonus! Oh and if you don't know what XP is, you'll need to catch up by reading this.

From now on you'll find Temper Tantrums on a dedicated 'block' on the portal by default, but remember you can have your own custom portal display, click here if you want to do so. Our goal is to publish a new comic strip weekly, so make sure to visit often if you don't want to miss a thing. You can also use the 'Watch forum' feature if you want to receive instant notifications when we post new threads.

Enjoy!
~Tempy

Last edited by shaunj66,

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, Temper Tantrums is just a bit of silly fun for our members to enjoy! I hope you like the first strip and will look forward to future ones :)

It was fun drawing old Tempy who was originally designed by @Omero so props to him for the original basis for what is modern Tempy!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
make a comic about vinsclones :D
you remember, when we all had the same avatar of toon link but modified face to our previous avatar

jesus christ I never got why people found these eyes horrifying before now, but a webcomic actually sounds like a really neat idea, let's see how this goes!
were you influenced by my thread? please don't like tempy less :C he is cool

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
make a comic about vinsclones :D
you remember, when we all had the same avatar of toon link but modified face to our previous avatar

were you influenced by my thread? please don't like tempy less :C he is cool
I joined right when the vinsclone thread was at about the 3rd wave, also nah Tempy is pretty fun to draw.

Speaking of which, it'd be interesting to have guest artists on as well. there's some pretty good artists with significantly different styles on here, @B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N & @x65943 are some of my pals that I know draw well, X has even already made a "furry" tempy lol

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Hehe, I like this take. Tempy's design looks really unique and cool for a comic, and the art is awesome! Can't wait to see more, and what suggestions users have, too.

The sorta concept I suggested was something like,
first panel: old tempy is announcing the webcomic
second panel: continuing, talking about how popular webcomics are these days, everyone's making one
third panel: new tempy pops in and whispers to old tempy
fourth panel: old tempy "what do you mean it's not 2005 anymore?!"
is something that came to mind

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's cool, but in the panel layout customization no matter where I put it always is gigantic xD

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I approve this with all of my yes :bow:
I joined right when the vinsclone thread was at about the 3rd wave, also nah Tempy is pretty fun to draw.

Speaking of which, it'd be interesting to have guest artists on as well. there's some pretty good artists with significantly different styles on here, @B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N & @x65943 are some of my pals that I know draw well, X has even already made a "furry" tempy lol
I also approve this! Wouldnt mind drawing tempy or helping with his comic in some form :shy:

Last edited by DeslotlCL,
Reactions: LittleFlame

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love it! Great job @shaunj66 !
I really like the idea of a web comic. Do you plan on including various Tempers or do you think it will just be about Tempy?
The strip can be about almost anything our members may be interested in. Tempy is just an easy goto when the joke is about the site itself or if it doesn't involve a particular video game/movie universe etc.

Expect to see a whole gamut of ideas, jokes and styles in the future! We're not taking it too seriously. It's just a fun little diversion. :)

If anyone has any ideas for future strips please post in the stickied suggestions thread or PM me.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This motivated me enough to work on a easy and friendly version of my character just to share him on the temp, i mean, if he ever appears in a strip which i doubt :rofl2: but still, it's gonna be lots of fun!

Reactions: shaunj66 and Taffy

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1