Temper Tantrums #1 - Keeping with current trends

Temper Tantrums (the GBAtemp webcomic) - issue #1 "Keeping with current trends"

Illustrated by @shaunj66 (follow me on Twitter)[prebreak][/prebreak]

< Previous comic | Next comic >

1.png

< Previous comic | Next comic >

Welcome to Temper Tantrums

GBAtemp's very own webcomic! Yes you read that correctly, and no it's not 2005 anymore but what the heck, let's have a bit of fun anyway! After months of preparation work, concept art, jokes, ideas, we're releasing the very first iteration of Temper Tantrums, our webcomic featuring Tempy and other video game characters. Temper Tantrums will be centered on video games, but we may occasionally wander in the realms of IT, cinema, pop culture, and more fun stuff.

While Shaun, the artist who gave life to Tempy, is a professional graphic designer, the gags are written by some of the staff so bear with us if our jokes aren't always to your liking (can't please everyone!). We're doing this tongue in cheek, we don't take ourselves too seriously so you shouldn't either. But we promise we'll get better along the way, and you can even contribute if you feel like it: we have special thread dedicated to joke ideas in the Temper Tantrum forum. So if you ever come up with a great joke please make sure to post it, you'll be credited for it and receive a nice +100 XP bonus! Oh and if you don't know what XP is, you'll need to catch up by reading this.

From now on you'll find Temper Tantrums on a dedicated 'block' on the portal by default, but remember you can have your own custom portal display, click here if you want to do so. Our goal is to publish a new comic strip weekly, so make sure to visit often if you don't want to miss a thing. You can also use the 'Watch forum' feature if you want to receive instant notifications when we post new threads.

Enjoy!
~Tempy

Last edited by shaunj66,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever makes these in the future...

- Please keep in mind, references aren't jokes.
- Being clever isn't the same as being funny, but being funny usually requires being clever.
- And, most important of all, use the fewest words possible, but no fewer.

There's more advice than just this, but these are probably the most relevant X'D.

Reactions: Deleted User

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This is a great, short, and sweet reflection of the site's history while making jabs at Internet fads. I didn't join until the 3DS really hit it off, but I was a long time lurker during the PSP and Wii days (my home will always be Endless Paradigm). As a lurker, I've perused this site for over a decade, and I've witnessed its evolution as an outside source. I can appreciate this.

Reactions: shaunj66

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to ask, why does the GBATemp 2018 icon has such big ears?
Tempy's always had big ears, straight from his first conception:

tempy_evolution.png

He wore headphones at one point to try and hide them from ridicule but finally decided to embrace his superior auditory powers.

D

Deleted User

Now I see why Temper Tantrums seems to be staying away from using actual users in the comics
At the very least, permission should be asked before their likenesses or the likenesses of their profiles are used.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tempy's always had big ears, straight from his first conception:

tempy_evolution.png

He wore headphones at one point to try and hide them from ridicule but finally decided to embrace his superior auditory powers.
As well as two more eyes, tho the last logo doesn't look like he has big ears.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9McVk-DFrxQ