Temper Tantrums #1 - Keeping with current trends

Temper Tantrums (the GBAtemp webcomic) - issue #1 "Keeping with current trends"

Illustrated by @shaunj66 (follow me on Twitter)[prebreak][/prebreak]

< Previous comic | Next comic >

1.png

< Previous comic | Next comic >

Welcome to Temper Tantrums

GBAtemp's very own webcomic! Yes you read that correctly, and no it's not 2005 anymore but what the heck, let's have a bit of fun anyway! After months of preparation work, concept art, jokes, ideas, we're releasing the very first iteration of Temper Tantrums, our webcomic featuring Tempy and other video game characters. Temper Tantrums will be centered on video games, but we may occasionally wander in the realms of IT, cinema, pop culture, and more fun stuff.

While Shaun, the artist who gave life to Tempy, is a professional graphic designer, the gags are written by some of the staff so bear with us if our jokes aren't always to your liking (can't please everyone!). We're doing this tongue in cheek, we don't take ourselves too seriously so you shouldn't either. But we promise we'll get better along the way, and you can even contribute if you feel like it: we have special thread dedicated to joke ideas in the Temper Tantrum forum. So if you ever come up with a great joke please make sure to post it, you'll be credited for it and receive a nice +100 XP bonus! Oh and if you don't know what XP is, you'll need to catch up by reading this.

From now on you'll find Temper Tantrums on a dedicated 'block' on the portal by default, but remember you can have your own custom portal display, click here if you want to do so. Our goal is to publish a new comic strip weekly, so make sure to visit often if you don't want to miss a thing. You can also use the 'Watch forum' feature if you want to receive instant notifications when we post new threads.

Enjoy!
~Tempy

Last edited by shaunj66,
D

Deleted User

I love how we can suggest ideas for a comic. I got some ideas, but they're not fully finished.

1. Because this comic talks about how Tempy isn't keeping with the times, perhaps the next comic strip can be about him discovering a console/handheld that came after the GBA.
2. In the comics, Tempy reminds me of Dr. Kawashima from Brain Age. They're both heads with floating hands. Perhaps there can be a joke for this?
3. I'm assuming this is going to happen soon, but maybe there can be a comic strip for influential users with high levels or are famous on this site?
4. Perhaps there can be a comic making fun of noobs?
5. Because an old design of Tempy was used in this, perhaps other old versions can be used as a visual gag.
6. Maybe Tempy can give his thoughts on a silly or cool post on this site.

Those are some ideas. Whether these ideas are used or not, this site will continue to keep getting better and better. I am so excited to see what else will come! :)

Reactions: Taffy
D

Deleted User

OK, so I REALLY wanna help with this webcomic. I want to contribute ideas. So I decided to make a crappy (very crappy) prototype of a comic idea I have. Here's the prototype:
https://ibb.co/mPrfES

Here's the dialogue:

1:
Tempy: I can't believe I'm still around..
2:
*Noob pops outta nowhere*
Noob: Hai, I dunno how to install CFW. Please help?
3:
*More Noobs appear and run over old Tempy*
Noob: When can we run backups on Switch?
Noob: How do I run Homebrew?
Noob: My friend got banned!
Noob: Can I get free games?
Noob: I NEED HELP!
Noob: Halp, i don't get how to do this.
*Tempy looks angry*
Tempy: STOP ASKING ME, I DON'T KNOW!!

Yeah, I know that this isn't the funniest joke and my prototype is probably the worst thing in existence, but I really want to help with the comic and I'm going to try posting prototypes and suggestions to help. At least I'm contributing something :/

Reactions: ry755 and phreaksho

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is everything I never knew I wanted. Good work, guys, definitely looking forward to more.

I am curious as to what'll be the basis for the comic's jokes - gaming in general? Console/game hacking shenanigans? Actual site themed stuff eg our users? Anything'd be great!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
This is everything I never knew I wanted. Good work, guys, definitely looking forward to more.

I am curious as to what'll be the basis for the comic's jokes - gaming in general? Console/game hacking shenanigans? Actual site themed stuff eg our users? Anything'd be great!

I could make a joke about how people dont read what I write :P

the first post in this thread says:
GBAtemp's very own webcomic! Yes you read that correctly, and no it's not 2005 anymore but what the heck, let's have a bit of fun anyway! After months of preparation work, concept art, jokes, ideas, we're releasing the very first iteration of Temper Tantrums, our webcomic featuring Tempy and other video game characters. Temper Tantrums will be centered on video games, but we may occasionally wander in the realms of IT, cinema, pop culture, and more fun stuff.

Reactions: CeeDee

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes::angry: I Love Pianos 😡