Tempmas 2009 Starting!

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great song, man!
I already thought you forgot to mention GBAtemp.net in the lyrics, but you said it in the end.
laugh.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
n8littlefield said:
A Call Center Christmas Wish
Santa when you make your list
and check it once, then twice
I beg you consider this request
before marking me "Not Nice".

I work in customer service
and every day I spend
Eight hours showing callers that I care
(or at least that's what I pretend.)

I spend all week in a small grey cube
in an aging rolling chair.
My headset tethers me to my desk
and leaves a weird part in my hair.

Now you may be thinking
"That sounds fine - how could you NOT be nice?"
But it's not that simple and here is why
I'd like that list checked THRICE.

I've been cursed at more than fifty times -
in spanish and french to boot.
And not once did I swear back at them
(without my phone on mute.)

I've been called a liar, and a thief
a douchebag and a pain.
I've been called ten different racial slurs -
impressive for a white guy from Maine.

Just please don't pay attention
to the things I say under my breath -
when I tell my customers to bite me
or plan their fiery death.

I'm sure you've seen me hang up on them
to get the final word.
And I guess it could have looked naughty
when I flipped my monitor the bird.

And yes it's true I do slack off
and browse the web during all my calls
except for GBATemp.net -
damn work firewall.

But Santa forgive me one more year
for being a slacker and a slob
and grant me my one christmas wish -
Please bring me a better job.
That was genius! I work in retail, and while I don't deal with the phones (thankfully!) I was so tempted to show this to the customer service desk, it's so true and they would've loved it
smile.gif

Kirah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MegaAce™ said:
Great song, man!
I already thought you forgot to mention GBAtemp.net in the lyrics, but you said it in the end.
laugh.gif

thanks alot :]

I just saw the rule that I needed to include GBAtemp atleast once after I finished the songg haha, so I had to find someway to put it in without altering too much xD

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
My song if anyone wants to give it a listen :]
http://www.box.net/shared/eltmjpqoxs

I really like the lyrics, and most of the music in the song, the voice is great and so is the progession, but i feel that the breakdown detracted A LOT from the rest of the song, also I dislike the fact that it really isnt about gbatemp other than the fact that you talk about DS Lites, and games....then mention it at the end. Anyay just some constructive criticizm, but overall it is pretty good.
biggrin.gif

Kirah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenentenen said:
QUOTE said:
My song if anyone wants to give it a listen :]
http://www.box.net/shared/eltmjpqoxs

I really like the lyrics, and most of the music in the song, the voice is great and so is the progession, but i feel that the breakdown detracted A LOT from the rest of the song, also I dislike the fact that it really isnt about gbatemp other than the fact that you talk about DS Lites, and games....then mention it at the end. Anyay just some constructive criticizm, but overall it is pretty good.
biggrin.gif

thankss :]
yeah i made the song basicly thinking back to 8 years or so ago when I was 10, and i told my mom all i wanted for christmas was a nintendo 64 haha. I should have put some more gbatemp inspired lyrics but i couldnt really think of any :|

the techno breakdown was totally unnessary and i agree, i was just in fl studio and i guess I let it get the better of me xD

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirah said:
the techno breakdown was totally unnessary and i agree, i was just in fl studio and i guess I let it get the better of me xD

yeah i have a synthesizer hat i used in my song, and sotimes i can get lost in fl using it as a midi controller, and im like....did i just do this for hours?!
wacko.gif

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I'm gonna leave my laptop on the whole night, so I can wake up and wouldnt need to turn it on, if the thread with the results would be posted.
smileipb2.png

Merry Tempmas to everyone.
wub.gif

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Merry Tempmas, guys! I guess we are all feeling a bit anxious, but to me it's a good kind of anxious... it's sort of like the feeling I have when I'm checking sound before a gig and people are just staring at me...
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Well...I'm not that anxious. Don't want to get my hopes up just to find out that I lost but if I do win,
yay.gif

Edit 1:
Well, all hope is gone.
QUOTE said:
write a poem or story telling Santa Claus why you deserve your Christmas presents this year.
I didn't read that part. My story has nothing to do with "why I deserve Christmas presents". More about Tempmas and GBAtemp. *sigh*

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Revolutionize said:
Well...I'm not that anxious. Don't want to get my hopes up just to find out that I lost but if I do win,
yay.gif

Edit 1:
Well, all hope is gone.
QUOTE said:
write a poem or story telling Santa Claus why you deserve your Christmas presents this year.
I didn't read that part. My story has nothing to do with "why I deserve Christmas presents". More about Tempmas and GBAtemp. *sigh*

I didnt write about why I would deserve the christmas present too, just a little fun story.
But I think that doesnt matter really much, because sure many people have overseen that.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
Still no announcement... Even more nervous now.

Revolutionize said:
yay.gif

Edit 1:
Well, all hope is gone.
QUOTE said:
I actually added that in before I sent it in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol