Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
raiderscrusade said:
Just a question.. it's related to the quote below. In the end, was anyone found cheating?

QUOTE said:
By entering the game, you agree that your name and address will be publicly disclosed on GBATEMP.NET if it is found that you cheated the game (by reading guides or walkthrough, we know those exist and we know who's cheating) if you have been cheating to get here now is the time to give up unless you want public humiliation and your personal information revealed to everyone.
Yes, they even had to remove one of them from the list of winners. And I'm guessing the guy who posted a walkthrough on pastebin. Probably others too.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
guys, enough with the failure, this is supposed to be the last few days before 2011, and the 3ds looming on the horizon with its 250$USD pricetag

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
KingdomBlade said:
kiafazool said:
FLICKING HELL
IM BUYING THAT GBATEMP DSTWO RIGHT NOW

I SWEAR TO GOD IM GETTING IT RIGHT NOWWWW
not annoying - it was my reaction
kiafazool said:
no im not telling u guys to make all the decisions (dont get mad)
im asking will it be like okay and will it work (will it fall apart like cheap cards)

Porkmaster said:
kaifazoolone sign of a troller
while saying he's not a troller
wow

so should i get this card?

Sheesh, that wasn't even directed at you, and my first post in this thread; the FIRST reply in this thread, was me trying to help you. Good luck trying to get anyone to help you with that kind of attitude, you inconsiderate prick.
im not showing attitude
im posted something that u would notice
being the first poster dont mean anything
seriously chill
not annoying
More where that came from. Actually, let's look at this entire thread shall we?

http://gbatemp.net/t258097-is-this-a-okay-microsd-card

But, I digress. Congratulations to lolzed and everyone who won. And Rowan for awesomely getting it first. Hope you enjoy your 3DS lolzed!
that thread was me asking if it is okay to buy that card
we have threads like that everyday
what the heck is annoying about the
that argument just happened i said sorry

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt have the dang "-" sign, got so confused on what to search, thought that the search was related to gbatemp mobile or mobile or something. Had no clue I was so close away. Oh well haha. congratz to the winners and the people who figured it out.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I Missed out a LOT. ZZZZZ
sad.gif

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
I didnt have the dang "-" sign, got so confused on what to search, thought that the search was related to gbatemp mobile or mobile or something. Had no clue I was so close away. Oh well haha. congratz to the winners and the people who figured it out.

Exactly the point, first people who finished had what to search for easily, with no changes whatsoever. Who would guess to add a hyphen to it. I do think its not fair for everyone playing "the game" having in mind everyone should had the same possibilities to win, after the change it was obvious "the game" was over. You could say whatever you want but in a raffle type game everyone should have the same possibilities to win, this game was not fair at all.

Its not that they couldn't change the clues, of course they could but if they were indeed going to change it, why not give the same difficulty the previous clue had? About the cheating part, well its too bad people cheated, sometimes you cant control the internet and what its thrown in it, cheating would had affected the people who actually did it without any help and they knew it, but I think its their business if they wanted to "help" others or not, in the end the 3DS was going to be gifted anyways...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh stop crying about it, direct your anger at the retards who made them implement the last minute anti-cheating measure in the first place, rather than the admins for missing out one character when typing out a hint. Seriously some of you need a hobby. Don't forget this was a free contest, they didn't have to run one.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
Oh stop crying about it, direct your anger at the retards who made them implement the last minute anti-cheating measure in the first place, rather than the admins for missing out one character when typing out a hint. Seriously some of you need a hobby. Don't forget this was a free contest, they didn't have to run one.

True, but they did ran it, no one told them to do it, they just did and since they did then they should had done it correctly. Again, It wasn't fair since the possibilities were not the same for everyone, and no they didnt forgot about the character, it was deliberately done. Why would I be mad at those retards who "helped" others, its their business. And its not being mad at anything, since this was a raffle then everyone should had the same possibilities to win. Ive never seen a raffle where you simply cant enter since the rules where changed in the end. Rules were pretty clear indeed but you cant control what others do over the internet...

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
the clues were changed accordingly, had you done everything correctly you would not have run into any problems.
now I'd strongly recommend that you stop complaining and deal with the results, before a higher power intervenes.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Higher power huh? Whats this now a religion forum? hmm, whatever whats truth is truth, here or anywhere else... Anyways forget this, ive got more important things to do...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joybeba6679 said:
Higher power huh? Whats this now a religion forum? hmm, whatever whats truth is truth, here or anywhere else... Anyways forget this, ive got more important things to do...

You're fishing for a flamewar. OBVIOUSLY he means an admin or mod -_-;

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just to make something clear. You ALL HAD THE SAME CHANCES!

The last clue was changed after few days from the start of the Hunt, you had the same amount of time as any other temper WITH THE ORIGINAL CLUE, it was changed after few days due to cheaters.
It is your "own fault" that you didn't try harder to complete it sooner!

This post is directed to all people who complain about not having the same chances, you had exactly the same chances, don't you think we changed anything only for you, we changed clues for EVERYBODY.
If you had tried harder and gave in more time, you would have come to an easier last clue, again, due to the cheaters, last clue had to be changed, unfortunately, but that is the case!

Please, do not derail this thread, and mess it up with crap!

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Defiance said:
Costello said:
4) you can pm us about address changes but we will not reply, we'll just send one global PM to everyone when the prizes are sent.

Should we PM an admin the address we want used? The reason I ask is because I would prefer to have the address as the one in my ShopTemp Address Book, which I just edited recently but did not use it as my address for the hint.

I would like to know this.. I cannot say I am very comfortable sending my address via PM, but maybe through an email. Is there a way for the admins to just check my address book on ShopTemp?

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
joybeba6679 said:
wtfisausername said:

Exactly the point, first people who finished had what to search for easily, with no changes whatsoever. Who would guess to add a hyphen to it. I do think its not fair for everyone playing "the game" having in mind everyone should had the same possibilities to win, after the change it was obvious "the game" was over. You could say whatever you want but in a raffle type game everyone should have the same possibilities to win, this game was not fair at all.

Its not that they couldn't change the clues, of course they could but if they were indeed going to change it, why not give the same difficulty the previous clue had? About the cheating part, well its too bad people cheated, sometimes you cant control the internet and what its thrown in it, cheating would had affected the people who actually did it without any help and they knew it, but I think its their business if they wanted to "help" others or not, in the end the 3DS was going to be gifted anyways...
umad.jpg

Everyone had the same chance. Now, if you're going to complain any more, there's a little x at the top right. Click it.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel kinda dumb. I didn't bother getting past clue #1, and I think I mistakenly linked someone to clue #2 (they asked for firmware, I gave them a contest clue).
And I spent an hour staring at the footer of GBAtemp, and I was thinking the whole time that the VPN1EURO thing wasn't there before. I didn't bother clicking it.

And to the dude who thought it was rigged: Wood R4 is exclusive to GBAtemp. There's no reason for it to be somewhere else.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What a challenge! i now understand how difficult it is to enter, and even then, just for a CHANCE, rather than actually winning something. Congratulations to the winners, I am EPICALLY jealous of lolzed and the SCDS2 GBAtemp ltd edition winners especially cuz i don't need an r4 (m3 is better
tpi.gif
) but other than that i enjoyed the challenge (new record of 2nd clue whoo!) and am eagerly waiting for the March release of the 3ds.now BACK TO BLACK OPS PS3 WHOO!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.