Tempmas 2010 results!

betterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Tempmas! Here I got one question: How can GBATEMP select the people for the first prize?

Supposed that there five people( maybe) reached the final steps, then how did GBATEMP select the one for giving the first prize? Make a lot draft? Then how can it make fair to others who did not get the luck lot? I think GBATEMP should make clearly to anyone who join this TEMPMAS.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
betterman said:
Good Tempmas! Here I got one question: How can GBATEMP select the people for the first prize?

Supposed that there five people( maybe) reached the final steps, then how did GBATEMP select the one for giving the first prize? Make a lot draft? Then how can it make fair to others who did not get the luck lot? I think GBATEMP should make clearly to anyone who join this TEMPMAS.
It's explained in the first post....a software program was used to select the winners.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Congratulations!!!!
I died on the 14th hint
wink2.gif

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulit said:
When will our prizes be shipped?

There will be a public announcement (not by pm) to all GBAtemp users saying when the gifts will have shipped. How long it takes for the gift to arrive after they've been shipped depends on where you live.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
Evo.lve said:
Who the hell's Hatsu?

Grats Lolzed.
i dont know who he is
but i think its some guy who got banned last year and wanted to get revenge so he tried to ruin tempmas for everyone by posting walkthroughs and guides on pastebin and another website so people could cheat
he entered him self and won and people started questioning some guy with 0 posts named - 3dstemp
so costello said that he is legit but then later proved by p1ngp0ng that he is hatsu
so then costello is like
ohnoes.png

and then everyone was like
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
x2507 (lol)
and then costello is like come and get some
whip.gif

and then he became
p1ngp0ngsmiley.png

and banned him
and then people were like
hrth.gif

and then we are went back to
grog.gif

and all hatsu got was
p1ng.gif

and im guessing Infinite Zero is hatsu because he has the same avatar and hes 50% warned and he has the same user title and he has a signature relating to hatsu

Oh my god. You really think I'm Hatsu?
At first I was like,
tumblr_ldv4exqGrf1qbneug.gif

then finally, I was like
tumblr_ldyuzj44R41qahwd9.gif
PSN or p1ngy told me to stop copying Hatsu's profile avatar and etc since uh, he did something really bad.

KingdomBlade said:
QUOTE(kiafazool @ Dec 27 2010, 01:48 PM)
and im guessing Infinite Zero is hatsu because he has the same avatar and hes 50% warned and he has the same user title and he has a signature relating to hatsu

Please stop saying shit. She's not Hatsu. SHE. SHE. Please. You are really annoying me right now.

So that also means that RoboticBuddy is JPH since he has the same avatar?
Thanks! I
wub.gif
you.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
kiafazool said:
At first I was like,
tumblr_ldv4exqGrf1qbneug.gif

then finally, I was like
tumblr_ldyuzj44R41qahwd9.gif

PSN or p1ngy told me to stop copying Hatsu's profile avatar and etc since uh, he did something really bad.

LMAO

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
sorry to be OT but if 3dstemp got banned for being hatsu then does that mean there will be a re-draw to decide who gets the extra r4i gold?

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
sorry to be OT but if 3dstemp got banned for being hatsu then does that mean there will be a re-draw to decide who gets the extra r4i gold?
A re-draw or to give it to Rowan who finished the hunt first, and quickly.

or this quote

QUOTE(Costello @ Dec 27 2010, 12:37 PM) 1) turns out 3dstemp is indeed Hatsu, and he also posted walkthroughs/guides on the web... We banned him, of course. We are discussing what to do with the prize, thinking of maybe giving it to Rowan, since he was the first to finish the Hunt (and quickly too)
Which I approve.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Costello said:
1) turns out 3dstemp is indeed Hatsu, and he also posted walkthroughs/guides on the web... We banned him, of course. We are discussing what to do with the prize, thinking of maybe giving it to Rowan, since he was the first to finish the Hunt (and quickly too)

2) monkat: i know what you mean, but your assumption was baseless, new members can get prizes too. New doesn't necessarily mean bad/cheating. BUT you were right in this particular case, after what p1ngpong found out, so you do deserve an apology, which I now present before you!
bow.gif

3) @people complaining about the hyphen, a lot of people DID get it (they thought of putting a hypen after "tempmas" yes) so it's just a few of you. Sorry if you didn't think of it but that's also part of the challenge. Previous clues were changed multiple times, at some point you had to guess more difficult numbers and that was quite challenging too.

4) you can pm us about address changes but we will not reply, we'll just send one global PM to everyone when the prizes are sent.
I'm guessing you missed this...

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinite Zero said:

You...? HATSU?!

baldstare.gif

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Congrats to the winners.

Pretty cut that I got up to the final clue, and didn't even think of adding the hyphen between TEMPMAS and 111084, however THAT IS LIFE.

I'm not going to complain, I'm just cut I couldn't get passed the final step xD

Eh, who wouldn't be cut, knowing they were at the final step and knowing a hyphen was the only thing between them and a preordered 3DS.. haha!

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raiderscrusade said:
Congrats to the winners.

Pretty cut that I got up to the final clue, and didn't even think of adding the hyphen between TEMPMAS and 111084, however THAT IS LIFE.

I'm not going to complain, I'm just cut I couldn't get passed the final step xD

Eh, who wouldn't be cut, knowing they were at the final step and knowing a hyphen was the only thing between them and a preordered 3DS.. haha!

Actually, its not only the hyphen, its the fact that the first 150+ people got their last step served on a gold plate, they knew what to search for and had nothing to figure out on it, but the others simply couldnt figure out to add a hyphen simply cuz it says it ignores words. If you were going to do that why not just end the competition earlier?

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Jakob95 said:
About how many people entered Tempmas?
Well doing some maths,
I previously said there were at least 140 entries.
There are 32 winners.

Finally I'm quoted in another post saying there's a 1/110 chance of winning a redraw.
HMM, that would imply that the current winners are out of the equation, so that's 110 + 32 = 142 total entries.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
I gave up on clue 13, didn't think I'd got that far! D'oh. Ah well, it was great fun and I'm relieved I managed to work out the clues up until that far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ +1