TempShop, yay or nay

Do you like it or do you think we shouldnt have one?

• Love it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I always answer with the wrong answer anyways!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Adr990 said:
I know, but luckly I watch what I buy. And got a lot of luck.
You are not everybody else, though. You can't ask people to reply on your own luck.

They've already said they will be confirming the carts so they're not fake, whereas other sites have shipped out fake carts before, usually on accident because a supplier changed or something like that.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I voted yay, i think it's a great idea, the prices are very good too.

If they get their customer support right, and shipping times to a reasonable level then the site would really take off.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
omgpwn666 said:
I have a question, where do I get a "coupon" code?
Right in this forum.
rolleyes.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Price wise it's a good DX alternative with much more information and better community integration with GBAtemp. Not to mention buying from here is supporting your site. Whether or not it'll be better than having sponsors is still a question (I mean, we do have ads anyway), but I think it's a great site regardless.

I'd like to see how good shipping is eventually. Need to buy something from them eventually.
you'll notice that all ads and other banners are gone
wink.gif

thanks for the positive feedback anyway.

Why did you take them out? I see no harm in gaining a bit of profit from your ads and banners. You guys deserve it for providing us quality stuff.

Not taking advantage of your fans when we even let you is kind of suspicious such as paypal donations and advertisements. Are you plotting something?
ph34r.gif

I was joking about the suspicious part. But really, I see no harm in gaining profit as long as this site's quality remains.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anakir said:
Costello said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Price wise it's a good DX alternative with much more information and better community integration with GBAtemp. Not to mention buying from here is supporting your site. Whether or not it'll be better than having sponsors is still a question (I mean, we do have ads anyway), but I think it's a great site regardless.

I'd like to see how good shipping is eventually. Need to buy something from them eventually.
you'll notice that all ads and other banners are gone
wink.gif

thanks for the positive feedback anyway.

Why did you take them out? I see no harm in gaining a bit of profit from your ads and banners. You guys deserve it for providing us quality stuff.

Not taking advantage of your fans when we even let you is kind of suspicious such as paypal donations and advertisements. Are you plotting something?
ph34r.gif

I was joking about the suspicious part. But really, I see no harm in gaining profit as long as this site's quality remains.
This.

Any extras can just go to contests and stuff.
wink.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love it
smile.gif
now I can support temp rather than browse the internet for sites that could be dodgey after the few years I've spent here at GBAtemp I trust them
smile.gif

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adr990 said:
I vote; nay.

I mean, the majority of the GBATemp.net Memebers do know sites like Dealextreme.
The same items these you can get a lot cheaper. I mean look at these Hori protectors. 8 Dollar at GBATemp. But just 2 Dollar at Dealextreme. The same product.
Besides, Dealextreme has no sending costs. That makes it even cheaper!

I'm sorry, but I think this is going to fail.

Uhm, FAKE Hori screen protectors on DX are ~$2, REAL Hori screen protectors on DX are ~$8.

Anyway... I'm sort of mixed about this. I mean TempExtreme ... I mean ShopTemp, clearly is on par w/ DX and like sites price wise. If the lead time for when my order ships is better than one typically gets from DX and the like all the better... But I'm sort of used to the DX wait by now. :-) Never returned anything to DX but I've heard it can be a pain, hopefully this isn't the case w/ ShopTemp. Hell even if the lead times and service is just as lax as DX I still see this as a win over all.

So why mixed feelings? Sponsors such as KickGaming have supported this site for a long time. I've bought stuff from several of them and most of them have been absolutely ace. It's kind of a shame to see them go, especially if the lead times are as poor as DX. I've purchased many an item at Kick, Real Hot Stuff, etc despite them being significantly more expensive than DX just to get my stuff in a few days rather then a couple months. It's kind of sad that we won't being seeing any trusted alternative shops on the main page any more.

That being said, I'll likely be buying a SCDS2 from TempShop. :-)

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All i can say is this is a fantastic idea!! As others have said it just makes me feel a little better knowing there is a site i can absolutely trust with 1 my sensitive information and 2 that the products will be of quality. this takes so much guess work out of the equation. Thank you so much all of you at GBATemp that made this happen. Just another reason i have been here for 7 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: dont do it!