Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tempStyle 3 (Light mode only)

Perform a cache clear, complete refresh when enabling TS3!

Can you believe it's been nearly 2 and a half years since we introduced GBAtemp v6 alongside tempStyle 2? Well, the time has come for a refresh and for the last couple of months I've been working hard on tempStyle 3! The skin is far from complete and is still in the early stages but it's now in a state where I feel it can be used daily without any major problems.

Testing is now open to our patrons!:D

ts3.JPG

As is tradition, only TS3 light is available until all the final touches have been put on. For those who prefer the dark themes I aim to have TS3 dark/black ready for public launch of TS3.

tempStyle 3 has been built upon an entirely new base skin so many features have been recreated from the ground-up. The new style aims for a more cohesive, systematic design that carries across all pages and site features. It also features new animations and options that weren't possible on TS1/TS2 as well as modernised hi-def icons across the board (though emoticons are still old-school B-) ... for now).

Many features will look familiar as I didn't want to stray too far from the recognisable GBAtemp style, however I gave most sections of the 'temp a bit of a face lift so you may notice a few changes here and there! A lot of attention was given to: Ask!, Blogs, Reviews and Downloads in particular.

Please note some user preferences options are either incompatible or not yet implemented on TS3.
Also the sidebar across the site (mostly thread view) is missing some blocks so may look a bit bare.

The following are sections that still need work (that I know of) :
  • Guest mode/login forms
If you can help me to test and put TS3 through it's paces I would appreciate it. Feel free to poke around every nook and cranny of the site and try and find pages, forms, etc that aren't properly themed. Even if something just doesn't look quite right it's likely it can be tweaked to look more fitting.

PLEASE LEAVE ALL FEEDBACK BELOW - if you find anything that looks out of place/wrong (no matter how minute) please let me know below in as much detail as possible or with a screenshot if possible...

You can select TS3 in the theme switcher at the bottom left of the page or here.

Last edited by shaunj66,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personal details settings has a cropped avatar image that looks weird:
upload_2019-11-25_19-20-8.png

The same thing happens on the avatar editor but you said you're aware of that so I assume it doesn't need a screenshot too.
My bad it only happens on the actual full page for avatar editing, not the popup: https://gbatemp.net/account/avatar

And I didn't use the sidebar very often but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to have more than just staff on it:
upload_2019-11-25_19-22-29.png

Last edited by Seriel,

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
That's honestly pretty good looking, can't wait til the dark version! I like the specific forums being at the top instead of the side, mainly because I never noticed them on the side until now lol.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I adore it stylistically, but having to double click everything to navigate makes things a bit slow for me. Would it be possible to have a user setting that changes it so you can just click the top menu options once and they take you to the page straight away?

Great work anyway!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I adore it stylistically, but having to double click everything to navigate makes things a bit slow for me. Would it be possible to have a user setting that changes it so you can just click the top menu options once and they take you to the page straight away?

Great work anyway!
I'm not sure we plan to keep those sub menus. Hopefully we'll get more feedback here. But if we decide to keep them I can see an option to disable them being a possibility.

Reactions: Scarlet

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Great work anyway!
I've added a new user preference to disable these menus :)

Reactions: Scarlet

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On mobile, the hamburger menu is kinda annoying. I would like to be able to swipe from the left to open said menu, since it feels natural to do so on Android.
Unfortunately that would be impossible without some jank Javascript code. It's not a native ability to my knowledge.

Besides in Android 10, swiping to open hamburger menus is being deprecated as the new OS navigation system uses that gesture.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately that would be impossible without some jank Javascript code. It's not a native ability to my knowledge.

Besides in Android 10, swiping to open hamburger menus is being deprecated as the new OS navigation system uses that gesture.
I assumed as much. Although, could it be possible at all to have an option to have the hamburger on the bottom of the panel? Would make it way easier to reach it on phones lol.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assumed as much. Although, could it be possible at all to have an option to have the hamburger on the bottom of the panel? Would make it way easier to reach it on phones lol.
Move the top menu bar to the bottom of the screen do you mean? Like this?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe have an option for either top, bottom or snapped on the page top would be nice.
2 of those are already an option. By default the mobile navbar follows you (sticky) at the top of the screen, you can disable that in your Preferences - look for Style Options and untick sticky navigation to keep it at the top of the page. A bottom option would be neat - great suggestion @Dr.Hacknik

User preferences are a bit all over the place at the moment as they're shared between TS2 and TS3 so I can't remove the ones that don't apply to TS3 right now (a lot are redundant now). I'll tidy it up once TS3 goes live.

Last edited by shaunj66,
Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
4Ht6GLz.png

i doubt many people will have a weird layout like this how i do, but if you make the review panel large enough, it'll start tiling the featured review box's image
That could be fixed with some simple CSS adjustments. Seems it's using cover but no centered, so it's automatically tiling

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol