OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please post feedback for tempStyle 3 in here.

If possible please provide screenshots or URLs to bugs or concerns you have...

(Thread is a WIP)

Features not yet implemented - Improve custom style support
- Improve custom style loading times on older devices
- Cloud based style storage
- More styles

Known Bugs - Glitchy styler, sometimes colours don't load in properly
- Some errors on iOS/MAC
- Border around posts on "just black" style is cut off on mobile

Updates 02/01/2020
- Loading times improved
- Added inbox and alerts panel triggers on mobile
- Increased clarity of unread messages, notifications on mobile
- Prevented zooming in on text box focus in iOS
- Account menu now scrollable within viewport on small screen resolutions
- Fixed popup quote/reply menu on post text selection on mobile

04/01/2020
- Added a right handed mobile navigation option! (Enable it in User Prefs > Mobile display settings) *NEW*
- Added option to disable menu transitions on mobile (Enable it in User Prefs > Mobile display settings) *NEW*
- Added/Fixed quick system menus on portal

tempStyle 3 Q&A

Can I continue to use the old styles?
Change can be difficult but we suggest you try using tempStyle 3 for a while to feel the benefits. Unfortunately we are retiring the old styles and starting today they will no longer be available for use.

Why is the page so narrow?
Click this icon
upload_2019-12-31_22-5-17-png.191864
in the bottom left of any page.

But what about the dark and black themes?
tempStyle 3 was delayed while work on the dark and black themes was completed. You can find more information on how to select them above.

I prefer right handed navigation on mobile?
You can enable right handed navigation in your User Prefs > Mobile display settings > Right handed navigation menu.

I cleared my cache and now my custom style is gone! How do I get it back?

Unfortunately, this is not currently an option but we are looking into it.

I made a cool custom style! How can I submit it as an official preset style?
Please use the tempStyle 3 styles thread by clicking here!

I have a suggestion to improve the new style!
Please let us know in the dedicated thread by clicking here.

I found something that doesn't look quite right!?
We are still working on the new skin and bugs and some sections of the site may have been overlooked when designing it. Especially if using a non-default style. If you find a bug or something that looks unpolished or in need of updating please let us know in the dedicated thread by clicking here.[/INFORMATION]

Last edited by shaunj66,

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I sincerely hate the mobile layout on desktop you guys keep aiming for. More and more of my screen is wasted on side bars every time you change the layout. It's finally at the point where literally only 40% of my screen contains text in a thread. This is a forum, a place meant to read text. This is getting to the point of being unacceptable. Why the is the left side completely empty. Why is there just as large of a margin on the right side. I have a landscape screen, not a damn portrait one. Use flexible elements and stop wasting space.

tTwz2lG.jpg

In very much the same way, the "tools" drop down for regular users is absolutely pointless. It is just another menu to lead into a single menu item: the report button. I said the exact same thing last time you made a style change to the website, get rid of the menu. Just replace the drop down with the report button, especially when that's the only thing inside of it.

Last edited by AbyssalMonkey,
Reactions: IncredulousP

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I sincerely hate the mobile layout on desktop you guys keep aiming for. More and more of my screen is wasted on side bars every time you change the layout. It's finally at the point where literally only 1/3 of my screen contains text in a thread. This is getting to the point of being unacceptable. Why the is the left side completely empty. Why is there just as large of a margin on the right side. I have a landscape screen, not a damn portrait one. Use flexible elements and stop wasting space.

*snip*
boohoo.png

Hit that button.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please post feedback for tempStyle 3 in here.

If possible please provide screenshots or URLs to bugs or concerns you have...

(Thread is a WIP)

Current features yet implemented:
looks like shite what was wrong with the old one if it aint broke dont fix it

Reactions: IncredulousP

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People need to reeeeeeeeeeeeead.
View attachment 191873

This happens trying to access my profile stuff from the front page, is fine when accessing from threads and stuff
It's a known cache related issue. It will fix itself once your local caches are up to date.

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't seem to find TempStyle 3 but this just happened right now. Notice the transparent Alerts window.
It got fixed after I refreshed the site :P:yay:
Captura de pantalla (59).png

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Been browsing all the available options to customize and all I can think of is:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If I survive to see myself become Level 20 I will fucking give you my money GBATemp​

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing. As much as I hate the bubbly style that looks like twitter, I can deal with this now. The improvements to increase screen real estate over previous versions are very much appreciated. Great job.
Thank you, it means a lot to hear these things. I've worked on it for a couple months now

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One thing I recommend/request. On mobile can you display the alert tab without me having to click on my avatar everytime? :unsure:
yep I second that. The new way is kinda annoying. It would be better to have alerts have its own tab just like the way it was before thanks.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi again.
I see that now you can customize the portal, hide tabs, and all the fancy stuff.
But, may I suggest, now that you're allowing us to customize the portal, that you add the option to hide Forums?
Just selected ones.
For instance, If an user doesn't own / don't want to see / it's not interested in Switch Related Threads, make an option to "Hide the Switch Forum" from the Recent Threads.
Or someone who's not interested in Blogs, can hide all the Blogs from the Recent Threads.
In that way users can hide entire threads about threads that aren't important to them.

Just a suggestion.
And if it's possible with the current state of the site, then just don't mind me.

Last edited by JuanMena,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Suggestion: add background or blurred border to "Click to expand" for better visibility
IMG_20200101_012109.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bug: at least on mobile version, "Edit (popup)" redirects to full page mode. So both buttons are doing the same thing.
IMG_20200101_012752.jpg
IMG_20200101_012813.jpg

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Two aspects that wont work longterm. Imho.

1. Default Code, and more importantly Quote background color is dark blue with white text. This is far too contrast heavy on a brighter theme (such as the default one), for there to be proper 'reading flow'. Quotes are an integral part of cross referencing, and should not get that harshly separated from normal text.

2. Loading speed on complex threads such as ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-macos-linux-scripts-to-interface-with-android.531237/ ) has become abysmal (streaming in content on scroll.).

Regardless of design familiarity those are kind of big issues, that at one point should be adressed.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to find this thread just to say that I am genuinely impressed how much of a massive improvement this is, visibility wise. The added touch of being able to customize colours and contrast, especially for someone colourblind and hates stark white backgrounds, is amazing. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: whale-come to gbatemp +1