OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if this is the right place, but for about 2 days now when I try to do anything with GBAtemp on Tapatalk I get this error and I can't view any posts.
Tapatalk compatibility has been disabled until they fix a bug that was occuring on the site.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Just a small QoL request:

Today, I've noticed that this list box on the New Content Preferences page is very short (as in not-tall) despite being so long. Only a small fraction of the options can be seen at once, which makes scanning with your eyes a bit difficult while scrolling. I would suggest making it two or three times taller and/or resizable.

1687764401986.png

Jax_Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't read anything posted above .
So yeah that's the problem .

Please Help Thank you.

I can only read from my edit function.
Other then that I can't even read what I posted.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Please Help Thank you.

You can't be helped then?

Seriously that sounds like a problem your end. Try another browser or device.

Not that you can read this anyway, apparently. Farts.

Reactions: Jax_Ripper

Jax_Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't be helped then?

Seriously that sounds like a problem your end. Try another browser or device.

Not that you can read this anyway, apparently. Farts.
I can read your message but only in reply.

It is my second cpu acting out.
I hate my second cpu.lol
Thank you for your help.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please Help Thank you.

More info is def needed, like are you on Android or pc? Is your browser up to date etc.

Reactions: linuxares

monstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue where often when I click a thumbnail of an image in a post it will give me the "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." error. The thumbnails are visible, I just can't open them to see the full size image. Some post's images have given me the error in the past and then started working later but some of them have just never worked. I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. All behave the same.

Also in at least a few posts I appear to be unable to like the post or any comments. No like button appears.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue where often when I click a thumbnail of an image in a post it will give me the "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." error. The thumbnails are visible, I just can't open them to see the full size image. Some post's images have given me the error in the past and then started working later but some of them have just never worked. I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. All behave the same.

Also in at least a few posts I appear to be unable to like the post or any comments. No like button appears.
Could be because you are a newbie here still, you can't post till you build up XP (prevents Spammers), and also there are clubs here, you have to be a member of that club to post, like, or view anything involved in they're club. You can always just join it. Good luck!

Reactions: monstar

monstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be because you are a newbie here still, you can't post till you build up XP (prevents Spammers), and also there are clubs here, you have to be a member of that club to post, like, or view anything involved in they're club. You can always just join it. Good luck!
Thank you. That appears to have been the issue as joining the group has cleared it up. I found the threads from outside the site so I never saw the group front page where the join button is.

Reactions: BigOnYa

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello there, I did never used on the past to put a image on a table and today I stumble with a odd behavior:

On the post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/reaction-scores-breakdown.645748/post-10328256

I use the code:

Code:
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH]Icon[/TH]

[TH]All[/TH]

[TH](12,503)[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][ATTACH type="full" width="16px" height="16px" alt="1704657609580.png"]412583[/ATTACH][/TD]

[TD]Like[/TD]

[TD](8,077)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][ATTACH type="full" width="16px" height="16px" alt="1704657665758.png"]412584[/ATTACH][/TD]

[TD]Love[/TD]

[TD](784)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][ATTACH type="full" width="16px" height="16px" alt="1704657702675.png"]412585[/ATTACH][/TD]

[TD]Haha[/TD]

[TD](2,761)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][ATTACH type="full" width="16px" height="16px" alt="1704657726685.png"]412586[/ATTACH][/TD]

[TD]Wow[/TD]

[TD](545)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][ATTACH type="full" width="16px" height="16px" alt="1704657750623.png"]412587[/ATTACH][/TD]

[TD]Sad[/TD]

[TD](258)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][ATTACH type="full" width="16px" height="16px" alt="1704657775911.png"]412588[/ATTACH][/TD]

[TD]Angry[/TD]

[TD](78)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

As you see the Width and Height are defined but the result shows the attachment at full size

1704672077304.png

The strange thing, if I only define the Height the defined Height is kept, if only the width is defined is ignored by the site render.

By example
Rich (BB code):
[TH](12,503)[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]View attachment 412583[/TD]

[TD]Like[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
Is render:
1704672137644.png
[/tr]

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think there needs to be like a cooldown or wait time before newbies can make new threads. Something needs to be done to at least slow down the recent spambot problem
Good idea, but bots can find a way around that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good idea, but bots can find a way around that.
Most “bots” are actually low paid people and tend to want to spam as quickly as possible. The idea of waiting before spamming will cause many to just skip over a site. Some will get creative, but not nearly as many.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about requiring a captcha just to create new threads, in addition to this? To be honest, I could live with that, particularly if it cuts down on spam dramatically.
Yes, but it can be quite annoying, especially for already registered users.

Reactions: BigOnYa

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm not sure whether this is a problem specifically with the new design or something more underlying, but here goes.

I have notifications for new threads turned on for the Site Discussions subforum. Often, spammers will post their threads there which are promptly deleted, but the notifications regarding them are a bit buggy. First, the notification tally on the notification bell doesn't update until I click it. This isn't as much of a problem, but the second part of this issue is really weird. Opening the notifications page presents me with this:

1710070563126.png

It's like the entire page's worth of notifications are still there, but hidden instead of deleted. I would expect the most-recent active notifications to populate the first page and not intangible ghosts of now-deleted threads.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm seeing this error alot whenever i try to post a comment. Happens even after i refresh the page too.
View attachment 429300
I get that exact message most of the time when I click the notification bell but have never had it when posting a comment.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4