Tesla limits Passenger Play feature after U.S. opens investigation

BQwukuZwwwXrg27B9Le2Q6.png

Tesla has implemented some restrictions on its Passenger Play feature after the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration (NTHSA) announced it would begin a preliminary evaluation of its effects on safety. In December of 2019, Tesla rolled out its Tesla Arcade program, that let users play games built into the car on its center touch screen while parked. The program has included many classic arcade and arcade-style games, plus newer releases like Cuphead and Stardew Valley. Around December 2020, however, an update was released that allowed games to be played while in motion, with the only safety measure in place an easily-dismissed pop-up asking players to confirm they are a passenger before beginning the game. Combined with Tesla's controversial Autopilot function, which can handle some degree of driving responsibilities without input from the driver, some safety experts are concerned Teslas will enable drivers to take their hands and eyes off the road while driving.

On December 8, a new Tesla owner named Vince Patton filed a report with the NTHSA after seeing a YouTube video demonstrating the new feature, and testing it out for himself. “I only did it for like five seconds and then turned it off,” said Mr. Patton. “I’m astonished. To me, it just seems inherently dangerous.” On December 21, the NTHSA's Office of Defects Investigation began its preliminary evaluation of the situation. However, by December 23, the NTHSA had confirmed in statements to The Associated Press and Teslerati that Tesla was changing the feature so it could once again only be activated while parked.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
So your problem is that firefighters are not equipped to deal with batteries? That can be fixed and it will soon enough when gas cars are a thing of the past.
If we were to stop technology because someone ain't properly equipped to deal with it we would not be going anywhere.

How many cars gonna blow up before the firefighters can dump enough CO2 and chemical extinguisher to Put it out.

Study your alkalai metals group, very reactive stuff

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How many cars gonna blow up before the firefighters can dump enough CO2 and chemical extinguisher to Put it out.

Study your alkalai metals group, very reactive stuff
I've seen multiple Tesla cars on fire and I never seen one blow up.
The best way to prevent a fire is not having a fire in the first place and it cannot be denied that electric cars catch less fires than combustion cars.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen multiple Tesla cars on fire and I never seen one blow up.
The best way to prevent a fire is not having a fire in the first place and it cannot be denied that electric cars catch less fires than combustion cars.

The point is that the car likely is gonna catch on fire if you wreck or damage the battery, or if you don't properly charge or maintain it, this also include the cars external environment, batteries don't like being too cold or too hot, they like it around 70-80f

Lemme get a cheep Chinese tesla battery charger my factory one broke out of warranty

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The point is that the car likely is gonna catch on fire if you wreck or damage the battery, or if you don't properly charge or maintain it

Lemme get a cheep Chinese tesla battery charger my factory one broke out of warranty
Combustion cars will also likely catch on fire if you wreck or damage the tank, in fact it happens more often.
EVs require little to no maintenance.
Chinese-made aint always synonymous of no quality, many of the top notch stuff people use on a daily basis are chinese-made.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Combustion cars will also likely catch on fire if you wreck or damage the tank, in fact it happens more often.
EVs require little to no maintenance.
Chinese-made aint always synonymous of no quality, many of the top notch stuff people use on a daily basis are chinese-made.

Atleast i can put water and co2 on a gasoline fire, which normally doesnt burn fast, and needs a spark or open flame, not air contact

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You already said this.
It's a matter of adapting to the times and have the right equipment.
Pretty sure years ago you would not need to have a fire extinguisher on your restaurant, now you do.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users