• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Texas abortion law forced women to carry a dead fetus for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to boil this down to a simple paragraph, you are an older privileged individual who fears change and uses strawman corner cases and personal anecdotes to justify your comforts. You used to lean left until you became a parent with a career and got settled and cozy with life so now you just want to maintain the status quo that suits your needs.

Yeah, you aren't wrong about gathering ire with your post, comrade. I don't think you are a fascist or a nazi, just a coward and a fool.
I'm a fool for seeing things for how they really are? :rofl2:

Not sure how I'm a coward. I'm pretty sure I have a lot more life experiences than you can possibly imagine. You sound like you are 12 and have never lived in the real world. That's why you still believe communism works when there is massive evidence that it does not. Communism may work in the college classroom, but that is not real life. Sorry to burst your bubble.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure how I'm a coward. I'm pretty sure I have a lot more life experiences than you can possibly imagine. You sound like you are 12 and have never lived in the real world. That's why you still believe communism works when there is massive evidence that it does not. Communism may work in the college classroom, but that is not real life. Sorry to burst your bubble.
idk man you got really pressed when I proposed the idea of a nationwide marriage equality law, seems like you are definitely irrationally afraid of quite a few things

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk man you got really pressed when I proposed the idea of a nationwide marriage equality law, seems like you are definitely irrationally afraid of quite a few things
A law is not needed if the state and federal governments got out of the marriage business. Your statement assumes Dems will always be in charge when in fact, that has never happened. You make lots of assumptions. They are the basis of all of your arguments, but unfortunately for you, this isn't a college classroom.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A law is not needed if the state and federal governments got out of the marriage business. Your statement assumes Dems will always be in charge when in fact, that has never happened. You make lots of assumptions. They are the basis of all of your arguments, but unfortunately for you, this isn't a college classroom.
Oh no, you misunderstand, the law is needed, because states cannot be trusted to accurately ensure human rights are being equally enforced. Anyone with an understanding of history would know this.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, you misunderstand, the law is needed, because states cannot be trusted to accurately ensure human rights are being equally enforced. Anyone with an understanding of history would know this.
Unfortunately for you, the states reign supreme. That is by design. If you don't like it, you can always try and get rid of the Constitution. Good luck with that.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon91Nippon

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately for you, the states reign supreme. That is by design. If you don't like it, you can always try and get rid of the Constitution. Good luck with that.
Idk, you've been pretty tilted about Biden and all, so it doesn't seem like the states reign supreme after all, does it?

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk, you've been pretty tilted about Biden and all, so it doesn't seem like the states reign supreme after all, does it?
I'm loving everything that Biden does. Watching everything blow up in his and the Dems faces brings me joy every single day. Watching the people wakeup brings me even more joy. Watching you flail in these forums brings me immense joy. This awakening will continue.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon91Nippon

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And your shared statistics are a pdf of a single image without a link or anything... smh...

Okay! Back to school time! Any guesses as to why this chart is worthless? Is it because the majority reply claims elective without reason? Yes. Is it because there is no associated link that helps break down the chart and give greater context? You know it! How about the age of the report and the sample size of an anomaly compared to the rest of the country? Hat trick achieved, you clever devil.

You even make a point about how the numbers don't change much over the years, yet a more recent study (with the same issue regarding no comment as just elective from the same root source) has wildly different numbers. It is also CURIOUS how that chart doesn't match the formatting of their website... could it be that you pulled it from an anti-abortion website with a darker edgelord vibe?

As you can see, these numbers don't even come close to matching your insane percentages from istanforembryos.lol or whatever. And this is from the Florida AHCA, the source your chart used. Glad to see your medschool training is paying off!

I honestly was going to have a big apology and come to Jesus moment with you before I went hunting for your unlisted source and discovered this disgustingly deceptive tactic that you backed up with your personal reassurance. My view on life is that all life is sacred, but not all violence is a sin. This is why I am repeatedly murdering your replies with a clear conscience. :gun:

so then you are a liar then? i mean you'd have to be unless... you dont drive a car? id hope not, someone could lose their life, it happens all the time!

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And your shared statistics are a pdf of a single image without a link or anything... smh...

Okay! Back to school time! Any guesses as to why this chart is worthless? Is it because the majority reply claims elective without reason? Yes. Is it because there is no associated link that helps break down the chart and give greater context? You know it! How about the age of the report and the sample size of an anomaly compared to the rest of the country? Hat trick achieved, you clever devil.

You even make a point about how the numbers don't change much over the years, yet a more recent study (with the same issue regarding no comment as just elective from the same root source) has wildly different numbers. It is also CURIOUS how that chart doesn't match the formatting of their website... could it be that you pulled it from an anti-abortion website with a darker edgelord vibe?

As you can see, these numbers don't even come close to matching your insane percentages from istanforembryos.lol or whatever. And this is from the Florida AHCA, the source your chart used. Glad to see your medschool training is paying off!

I honestly was going to have a big apology and come to Jesus moment with you before I went hunting for your unlisted source and discovered this disgustingly deceptive tactic that you backed up with your personal reassurance. My view on life is that all life is sacred, but not all violence is a sin. This is why I am repeatedly murdering your replies with a clear conscience. :gun:

thats your gotcha? 32000 elective abortions this year and you fit in in the 500? jesus come on do yourself a favor god damn

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're a fool because you fail to understand how things are and how they will influence the lives of your children in the future. You'd rather cling to the things that have failed us to this point than try something different, and you desperately search for strawmen (or women, in this case. As an aside, the woman in the breitbart video never said she had abortions for spite or without cause, just that the gentleman standing opposite her and her fellow protesters has no right to determine how her body should be managed. If the majority of people are good, how can you be so certain she falls in that dreaded 6% you talked about from a 2 minute clip?) to validate your choice to abandon responsibility and change from what you saw as broken.

If you think you've got something better than communism, by all means, make your case. Your posts in my other thread did show you aren't very contented with things either, yet you just are afraid (like a coward, see?) of anything that disrupts your tiny bubble. I feel bad for your kids.

I'm loving everything that Biden does. Watching everything blow up in his and the Dems faces brings me joy every single day. Watching the people wakeup brings me even more joy. Watching you flail in these forums brings me immense joy. This awakening will continue.
Take the red pill. We will rise up on truth social, and uphold the constitution by attacking the government. We will find joy in the suffering of others because we are the party of love and brotherhood... that means no girls allowed unless they put out before and after making dinner. Gotta love boomer mentality.

so then you are a liar then? i mean you'd have to be unless... you dont drive a car? id hope not, someone could lose their life, it happens all the time!
Did you just presume my response and not read my words? I drive safe and don't run over people, so... nobody dies? I really don't see what kinda gotcha you're going for, but it missed. You're really bad at this. I hope you aren't murdering folk behind the wheel while screaming "it's the same as an abortion!"

thats your gotcha? 32000 elective abortions this year and you fit in in the 500? jesus come on do yourself a favor god damn

Cute. Thanks for confirming my above suspicion. I'll just share a couple of bullet points as to why you're floundering here.

1. The link, which again is for a known statistical outlier of Florida due to their having a number of clinics that drew tourists to them prior to attacks against human rights, shows that YOUR numbers are just wrong. Still not going to bring that up, nor share where your graph came from? It certainly wasn't the Florida AHCA, where it says the numbers came from. Also, considering the heavy political leaning against the AHCA, I would hesitate to use those numbers myself without some serious digging to begin with, but I actually care about how data is being gathered more than if it supports my arguments immediately.

2. Elective does not mean without reason. Honestly, I don't care if the reason was a perverse desire to have a trained professional play rotor rooter in someone's innards, as I wholeheartedly believe it isn't anyone else's business, but I'll keep walking with you a while. Elective means that it wasn't a medical requirement and that there was not a reason given as to why it was deemed necessary by the woman. I can promise you that a majority had plenty of good reasons to not go through with bringing a life into the world yet, but those studies draw a lot of ire due to the stigma around abortions in this country and that state in particular, so they tend to clam up. I thought you knew how to read data, as a professional med school grad and all. :rolleyes:

3. Your double post to the same reply of two sentences kinda gives the game away. You're grasping because you're just an act. You're a fraud and a liar, and nobody is buying your med school claims or "data" from a pdf from liveaction.org or wherever, especially when it contradicts your own statement and the numbers from the source it claims to have pulled from. Give it up, kid, you've got nothing to contribute and you're just digging yourself deeper.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here we ago again with the politcal posts.

That being said, it's important to talk about bodily rights.

For those claiming the doctor needs to speak up. Please see HIPAA

This is in similar vein to keeping a appedix in because while you clearly have appendicitis, we don't fully believe it's going to go south so we're going to leave it in for another two weeks. That's just absurd and there's too much of a chance of it causing more damage to see if it will "bounce back"

Seriously, why would anybody even argue that this is fucked up? because it has to do with abortion? come the fuck on.

All of these people who are claiming that this is "sensationalist" is ridiculous. there is nothing sensationalist about doing a procedure to keep a human healthy, especially in the event that the thing removed has no viability whatsoever. again with the appendix thing, we don't just leave an appendix in for two weeks after it's been clearly marked with appendicitis.

as for the "assuming my gender" comments. come the fuck on. Grow up.

I swear most of these people on here against abortion are just sweaty ass nerds who can't get laid, (or if they do, they don't take any responsibility for their actions) so they take their frustrations out on people who enjoy their sexual freedom by stating that people only have abortions because they feel like it.

I have not met a single woman/AFAB person who wants to get an abortion just because they can. They want available SAFE healthcare to take care of their bodies, and if an abortion falls under that umbrella then so be it. It's pathetic how much power a woman/AFAB person has over their own body. In several states, they won't even let you get your tubes tied unless you've had at least a kid and permission from your husband which is totally fucked. I bet you alot of those "surveys" are skewed anyways because women/AFAB people don't likely feel comfortable talking about getting an abortion, because despite what social media makes you believe, it's still a heavy handed subject that people don't necessarily feel comfortable talking about, especially if they had to go through an operation like this.

and finally, if you really think that most people don't want abortions to be a right, then look at Kansas which recently voted against a bill that would limit abortions and/or outright ban them, and they voted in approximately a 60/40 split. This was also recounted because a bunch of salty right-wingers decided to procure over 100k to perform a recount and it actually made the results slightly (by approximately 60 votes) more against the bill, so your right wing conservatives decided to waste over 100k of procured money to fight a pointless recount instead of putting that towards something that counts.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I swear most of these people on here against abortion are just sweaty ass nerds who can't get laid, (or if they do, they don't take any responsibility for their actions) so they take their frustrations out on people who enjoy their sexual freedom by stating that people only have abortions because they feel like it.
Incels who hate women because they have sex with everybody but them.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
All of these people who are claiming that this is "sensationalist"
Hi, that was me. If you have a problem with what I said, point at it directly. Learn to read what you are responding to before hopping on your soapbox.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, that was me. If you have a problem with what I said, point at it directly. Learn to read what you are responding to before hopping on your soapbox.
But the problem is you don't say anything of actual substance, beyond that the other person is wrong. You don't even put enough effort into it to appeal to an arbitrary sense of morality or authority on the matter like Trader tries.

• Haha
Reactions: mituzora

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're a fool because you fail to understand how things are and how they will influence the lives of your children in the future. You'd rather cling to the things that have failed us to this point than try something different, and you desperately search for strawmen (or women, in this case. As an aside, the woman in the breitbart video never said she had abortions for spite or without cause, just that the gentleman standing opposite her and her fellow protesters has no right to determine how her body should be managed. If the majority of people are good, how can you be so certain she falls in that dreaded 6% you talked about from a 2 minute clip?) to validate your choice to abandon responsibility and change from what you saw as broken.

If you think you've got something better than communism, by all means, make your case. Your posts in my other thread did show you aren't very contented with things either, yet you just are afraid (like a coward, see?) of anything that disrupts your tiny bubble. I feel bad for your kids.

Take the red pill. We will rise up on truth social, and uphold the constitution by attacking the government. We will find joy in the suffering of others because we are the party of love and brotherhood... that means no girls allowed unless they put out before and after making dinner. Gotta love boomer mentality.

Did you just presume my response and not read my words? I drive safe and don't run over people, so... nobody dies? I really don't see what kinda gotcha you're going for, but it missed. You're really bad at this. I hope you aren't murdering folk behind the wheel while screaming "it's the same as an abortion!"

Cute. Thanks for confirming my above suspicion. I'll just share a couple of bullet points as to why you're floundering here.

1. The link, which again is for a known statistical outlier of Florida due to their having a number of clinics that drew tourists to them prior to attacks against human rights, shows that YOUR numbers are just wrong. Still not going to bring that up, nor share where your graph came from? It certainly wasn't the Florida AHCA, where it says the numbers came from. Also, considering the heavy political leaning against the AHCA, I would hesitate to use those numbers myself without some serious digging to begin with, but I actually care about how data is being gathered more than if it supports my arguments immediately.

2. Elective does not mean without reason. Honestly, I don't care if the reason was a perverse desire to have a trained professional play rotor rooter in someone's innards, as I wholeheartedly believe it isn't anyone else's business, but I'll keep walking with you a while. Elective means that it wasn't a medical requirement and that there was not a reason given as to why it was deemed necessary by the woman. I can promise you that a majority had plenty of good reasons to not go through with bringing a life into the world yet, but those studies draw a lot of ire due to the stigma around abortions in this country and that state in particular, so they tend to clam up. I thought you knew how to read data, as a professional med school grad and all. :rolleyes:

3. Your double post to the same reply of two sentences kinda gives the game away. You're grasping because you're just an act. You're a fraud and a liar, and nobody is buying your med school claims or "data" from a pdf from liveaction.org or wherever, especially when it contradicts your own statement and the numbers from the source it claims to have pulled from. Give it up, kid, you've got nothing to contribute and you're just digging yourself deeper.

actually im relatively sure that elective does actually mean without a reason, secondly, i do find your insults as a confirmation that you know im right. also i find it hilarious you call me a liar, when you claimed to be an expert then doubled back when you announced you were a teacher, and now you have all the facts right in front of you and can't or wont put them together, ist there another seat in your class if so, maybe you should take it and let someone more intelligent teach.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
But the problem is you don't say anything of actual substance, beyond that the other person is wrong. You don't even put enough effort into it to appeal to an arbitrary sense of morality or authority on the matter like Trader tries.

You can believe what you want. But if you have a problem with an opinion, point, or fact that I have made specifically--again, address it. Otherwise it looks like you are doing what you are accusing me of.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is always the funniest cope talking point from people who can't handle banter.

im not sure that i understand what you mean? Her little emojis which i can't help but thin are her deeper thoughts she doesnt want to admit to, and being active aggressive is banter, but genuinely calling someone a "kid" you'd define that as banter? if so you mind if i follow you? i just wanna make sure someone calls you a name and you discredit them i can remind you of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z