• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Let's talk about that federal abortion bill

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sounds like you don't think a woman should be expected to take responsibility and maintain a life she brings into existence, to any degree. How sustainable is that in reality?
Ah yes, "how we will sustain the species if woman aren't forced to make babies???". Do you listen to yourself at all or is your internal monologue just a constant white noise?

It is very sustainable if you realize that the only abortions are of unwanted pregnancies or pregnancies dangerous to the woman. Plenty woman want to have children even with abortions, and the quality of child rearing increases dramatically if the woman are able to decide when the right time is to raise a baby.
But this just in, the woman will know for herself when the best time to do so is, and thus it should be their choice, not anyone else's.
And no, having sex and then getting pregnant on accident is not an excuse to "take responsibility" by forcing her to bring the embryo to term, it is nobody's business to determine why the pregnancy occured, the service should be offered without interference by government or zealous religious beliefs.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ah yes, "how we will sustain the species if woman aren't forced to make babies???". Do you listen to yourself at all or is your internal monologue just a constant white noise?

It is very sustainable if you realize that the only abortions are of unwanted pregnancies or pregnancies dangerous to the woman. Plenty woman want to have children even with abortions, and the quality of child rearing increases dramatically if the woman are able to decide when the right time is to raise a baby.
But this just in, the woman will know for herself when the best time to do so is, and thus it should be their choice, not anyone else's.
And no, having sex and then getting pregnant on accident is not an excuse to "take responsibility" by forcing her to bring the embryo to term, it is nobody's business to determine why the pregnancy occured, the service should be offered without interference by government or zealous religious beliefs.
Lol. Are you responding to something I said?

See, this is why I don't have to suggest that you are crazy or unhinged. You flaunt it.

If you think that mankind, in its natural state, does not need social pressure to do what is moral, then why are you advocating policy at all?

If you want to try to respond to what I said, and only what I said, it'd be appreciated.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol. Are you responding to something I said?

See, this is why I don't have to suggest that you are crazy or unhinged. You flaunt it.

If you think that mankind, in its natural state, does not need social pressure to do what is moral, then why are you advocating policy at all?

If you want to try to respond to what I said, and only what I said, it'd be appreciated.
Nah mate, when you cherry pick a single part of my text and use it out of context to push your own narrative, I will put the context I provided back in. You don't get to pick and chose as it suits your needs and then pretend it stands in a vacuum.

The reply you got from me is the only one you deserve.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nah mate, when you cherry pick a single part of my text and use it out of context to push your own narrative, I will put the context I provided back in. You don't get to pick and chose as it suits your needs and then pretend it stands in a vacuum.

The reply you got from me is the only one you deserve.

Cherry pick? I'm not suggesting that the rest of your text is flat out false because I voice a scruple. That's entirely your own insecurity talking. If you feel like the context was assumed on my part, you can feel free to point out where you already provided the foresight. I honestly think you did not provide such thing. I tried finding it. I think you are just projecting buddy.

I like that you aren't hiding your desire dole out judgement though.

You are such a great guy.

You don't get to pick and chose as it suits your needs and then pretend it stands in a vacuum.

Haha. What does that mean? Pretend you are an English teacher.

It'd be insightful to everyone watching if you could answer the question though:

Maybe you aren't as grounded as you think.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: RAHelllord

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WE WANT WOMEN TO CHOOSE IT IS THEIR CHOICE
So no, we wouldn't support firebombing a pregnancy center.
It's the women's choice, or whoever may have the godamn organs for a womb and reproduce.
It particularly pisses me off that you would even dare to make that accusation, when your side made a fucking bomb threat on a children's hospital because of false pretenses your side made up
Then it should really piss you off that the bomb threat was a hoax by a leftist. It amazes me that the left keeps falling for these clickbait news stories. When will you ever learn?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/catherine-leavy-arrested-hoax-bomb-threat-boston-childrens-hospital/

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a fetus cannot choose for itself. It's ludicrous to fucking choose that a fetus has the right over the mother when it cannot even make such a decision. Your using it as an excuse to defend that you just want women to give birth. And I am Livid by how fucking malicious your trying to be trying to hide behind such an argument.
Just because somebody doesn't have a voice does not mean their voice does not matter. Makes me wonder how you feel about the mentally handicapped who cannot speak or interact with people. Do they not have a voice either? Should they just be executed because they have no voice? That is the leftist fascist way after all.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm old enough to remember when the right still remembered that easy access to contraceptions qnd comprehensive health and sexual education reduced abortions drastically, but has then shifted to an abstinence only teaching and now more unwanted pregnancies are on the rise.
Your side creates and perpetuates the problems you complain about.
You can buy the pill for $9 a month a WalMart. How much easier do you need it to be? Are you saying that women are too dumb to accomplish this easy feat?
Yes, the Murdoch family who is very open about their right wing affiliation, political right wing efforts around the globe, and has openly stated to support Trump. But this is all just freely available public information so I can't expect you to know that.
The kids are not right wing, but ok.
Wow, what a comeback from the guy unable to click links.

Man, I can't write in crayon in here so I can't make this any more simple for the likes of you. Assisted feeding is not deal breaker for independence. Also at six weeks the embryo doesn't have a heart, that development barely starts at 6 weeks with the initial muscle and pacemaker forming then, and after it takes another six weeks before the actual heart is formed and able to pump blood.
Your arguments are dumb. You want unfettered access to kill as many babies as possible.
Again, maybe learn about the thing you talk before talking about them.

Also no, I don't hate people with disabilities just because I don't consider fetuses as people before they have all organs necessary to actually survive with assistance outside of a womb, but to someone like you that's apparently the same as hating people with disabilities.
By your logic, anybody who doesn't have a perfect working body deserves to be killed.
Wow, what an emotional jump you've done from "we want the mother to have a choice" to "the left wants mandatory eugenics". You are truly a definitely not an emotional snowflake having nothing but reasonable arguments.

That's not how fascism is defined, great job at literally failing yet another simple definition.
It's not how you define fascism. Doesn't mean it's not the right definition.
Bodily autonomy supersedes the right to life, because if you don't own yourself you own nothing, not even your own life. Which is what you're taking from woman by pretending to be "pro-life" for banning abortions. Domestic violence increases against woman carrying unwanted pregnancies, often leading to miscarriages due to abuse or death of the woman outright, but hey that's fine because the mother's life is worth less than the fetus to you people.

Fetuses aren't babies.
What are they then because genetically, they are the same.
The right wing has been terrorizing planned parenthood clinics, killing their doctors, and bombed their hospitals for decades now. But yes, it's definitely the left doing it, even though all stats from the fbi and CIA all only ever point towards the extreme right.
The FBI is having to make up white supremacy crimes to pad their stats. You should check out the whistleblowers coming forward, but that would mean you'd have to leave your little echo chamber.

Also, Planned Parenthood got caught admitting on camera to selling baby parts, which is illegal.
Only one of the two parents has to give up their body's autonomy to allow an embryo to develop into a baby. Hint: it's not the father. So we have an unequal amount of responsibility and thus an unequal amount of right to consider.
Damn Mother Gaia and her perfect designs. Didn't peg you to be a nature hater.
Because bodily autonomy is just not a right worth having? As long as you're kept alive it's okay to do with your body what others want against your will? How about the government forces you into a small holding cell, gives you a PDA so you can still talk with others, then keeps you around for forced organ transplantion and blood donations. You're kept alive and you're allowed to talk, boom, all your most important criteria are covered and you should be happy. Right?
What's the point of bodily autonomy if you are dead? Hence why the right to life comes before any other right. Not sure why you people are struggling with this concept.
The woman's right to her own life and body is equally important as the right to life of the fetus, and yet that still means if the woman doesn't want to nourish a life inside her body it is her choice, and that fetus has to leave that body. Until medicine progresses far enough that we can implant fetuses inside artificial wombs and allow them to grow there a necessary complication will be that the fetus will not be able to grow further and instead perish. But the mother's rights may not be infringed upon by anyone, not by any other person and especially not by a fetus that doesn't even have a heart to pump blood with or a brain to support a breathing reflex.
The left seems to really care about women's bodies, unless that woman is a baby, then all bets are off. Just rip that sonbitch out limb from limb, amirite comrade?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then it should really piss you off that the bomb threat was a hoax by a leftist. It amazes me that the left keeps falling for these clickbait news stories. When will you ever learn?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/catherine-leavy-arrested-hoax-bomb-threat-boston-childrens-hospital/
She's a leftist that donated to Trump's campaign?

https://heavy.com/news/catherine-leavy-boston-childrens-hospital-suspect/

Man, you people really have no critical thinking skills whatsoever.
You can buy the pill for $9 a month a WalMart. How much easier do you need it to be? Are you saying that women are too dumb to accomplish this easy feat?

The kids are not right wing, but ok.

Your arguments are dumb. You want unfettered access to kill as many babies as possible.

It's not how you define fascism. Doesn't mean it's not the right definition.

What are they then because genetically, they are the same.

The FBI is having to make up white supremacy crimes to pad their stats. You should check out the whistleblowers coming forward, but that would mean you'd have to leave your little echo chamber.

Also, Planned Parenthood got caught admitting on camera to selling baby parts, which is illegal.

Damn Mother Gaia and her perfect designs. Didn't peg you to be a nature hater.
Literally everything in this response is either wrong or misinformed. The pill isn't perfect, not every woman can use it due to allergies or side effects. The kids don't run the company. Fetuses aren't people, in the same way that "just because it has human DNA" doesn't make it a person. Fascism has a very rigid definition and yours ain't it, by your definition Mussolini's fascist party wasn't fascist. The FBI doesn't make up crime statistics in the way you think they do, right wing violence is still underreported and even then it far exceeds left wing violence in the US. Planned Parenthood doesn't sell baby parts (https://oversight.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction).
By your logic, anybody who doesn't have a perfect working body deserves to be killed.
This is the third time you have completely managed to miss what I said and instead substituted your own meaning based on your emotions. I have explicitly said three separate times that outside aid is acceptable and yet you ignore that.

Does it hurt your feelings when you have no argument to present beyond screaming in rage that fetuses are supposedly babies when they can't even sustain their own life with all the medical advances we've already made?
What's the point of bodily autonomy if you are dead? Hence why the right to life comes before any other right. Not sure why you people are struggling with this concept.
So you're okay being forced to donate your organs and blood for other people based on the metric that it might save the life of someone else?
The left seems to really care about women's bodies, unless that woman is a baby, then all bets are off. Just rip that sonbitch out limb from limb, amirite comrade?
Fetuses aren't babies, in the same way that ingredients for a cake aren't a cake, or how feelings on something don't translate into becoming facts. You and your ilk are the only ones equating abortions with infanticide, and yet even your favorite bible gave instructions on how to perform an abortion, and considers life to only begin at the first breath.

But hey, that doesn't help your narrative just like all the other things your favorite prophet said, like helping the poor freely with food and housing.

Last edited by RAHelllord,

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
Just because somebody doesn't have a voice does not mean their voice does not matter. Makes me wonder how you feel about the mentally handicapped who cannot speak or interact with people
Seriously?
Fetus's don't have a (develop-ish)brain. Not even enough for a breathing reflex. Infact. It doesn't even feel pain until week 15. Which people get abortions by week 12.
https://lozierinstitute.org/fact-sheet-science-of-fetal-pain/
A disabled person can think. even if they can't speak. Even if that person also thinks differently or process's things differently.
Stop trying to use other people as meat shields for your own bad arguments.

And secondly, how about you ask about the lives that exist now. Because ultimately it is up to them to if they want to bring lives into the future. Not your forced authoritarian bullshit.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: LainaGabranth

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have explicitly said three separate times that outside aid is acceptable and yet you ignore that.

As acceptable as not having an abortion?

Seems to be consistent, at least, but you are avoiding the question of what kind of social obligation should be expected of those in the position to support them.

Should a woman be expected to take responsibility and maintain a life she brings into existence, to any degree? If so, what?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As acceptable as not having an abortion?

Seems to be consistent, at least, but you are avoiding the question of what kind of social obligation should be expected of those in the position to support them.

Should a woman be expected to take responsibility and maintain a life she brings into existence, to any degree? If so, what?
You already got my answer. If that doesn't answer your question go read it again.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You already got my answer. If that doesn't answer your question go read it again.

You answered that it is sustainable for a woman not to be expected to take responsibility and maintain a life she brings into existence, to any degree.

So you don't think women should take care of their children and handicapped people should be cared for?

It just appears that you are disguising your degeneracy as virtue and avoiding answering questions that reveal your nihilism.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Seriously?
Fetus's don't have a (develop-ish)brain. Not even enough for a breathing reflex. Infact. It doesn't even feel pain until week 15. Which people get abortions by week 12.
https://lozierinstitute.org/fact-sheet-science-of-fetal-pain/
Your link says it's possible they feel pain as early as 12 weeks. And medical science used to say infants couldn't comprehend pain because they can't articulate it to anyone. So they perform surgery on them without anesthetics or painkillers.

It's also generally somewhere in the 10-12 weeks that fetuses have the normal shape of a baby rather than looking like a random clump of cells. This is why prolifers have fought and sometimes won the requirement of an ultrasound before having an abortion. Many women have changed their minds after staring reality in the face versus having dehumanizing language parroted at them.

fdc88325327a3d040e0e633f80675f75.jpg

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is a belief that the ability to think and feel are a biproduct of cell structure where it is possible that by thinking and feeling such cell structures is created.

I'd rather err on the side of caution, personally.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You answered that it is sustainable for a woman not to be expected to take responsibility and maintain a life she brings into existence, to any degree.

So you don't think women should take care of their children and handicapped people should be cared for?

It just appears that you are disguising your degeneracy as virtue and avoiding answering questions that reveal your nihilism.
This reply here is perfect proof that you can't comprehend even basic language and have little to no ability to actually comprehend complex problems with any noteworthy degree of nuance.

Because that is not at all what I've said, and you'd be able to know that if only you could read past a 3rd grade English level.

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This reply here is perfect proof that you can't comprehend even basic language and have little to no ability to actually comprehend complex problems with any noteworthy degree of nuance.

Because that is not at all what I've said, and you'd be able to know that if only you could read past a 3rd grade English level.

You could correct me if I am wrong. You are the one that suggested that you already "answered" the question. Keep hiding, furry.

Last edited by tabzer,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She's a leftist that donated to Trump's campaign?

https://heavy.com/news/catherine-leavy-boston-childrens-hospital-suspect/

Man, you people really have no critical thinking skills whatsoever.

Literally everything in this response is either wrong or misinformed. The pill isn't perfect, not every woman can use it due to allergies or side effects. The kids don't run the company. Fetuses aren't people, in the same way that "just because it has human DNA" doesn't make it a person. Fascism has a very rigid definition and yours ain't it, by your definition Mussolini's fascist party wasn't fascist. The FBI doesn't make up crime statistics in the way you think they do, right wing violence is still underreported and even then it far exceeds left wing violence in the US. Planned Parenthood doesn't sell baby parts (https://oversight.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction).

This is the third time you have completely managed to miss what I said and instead substituted your own meaning based on your emotions. I have explicitly said three separate times that outside aid is acceptable and yet you ignore that.

Does it hurt your feelings when you have no argument to present beyond screaming in rage that fetuses are supposedly babies when they can't even sustain their own life with all the medical advances we've already made?

So you're okay being forced to donate your organs and blood for other people based on the metric that it might save the life of someone else?

Fetuses aren't babies, in the same way that ingredients for a cake aren't a cake, or how feelings on something don't translate into becoming facts. You and your ilk are the only ones equating abortions with infanticide, and yet even your favorite bible gave instructions on how to perform an abortion, and considers life to only begin at the first breath.

But hey, that doesn't help your narrative just like all the other things your favorite prophet said, like helping the poor freely with food and housing.
Keep dehumanizing people in order to kill them. Make sure to do 10 "Heil Hitler's" before going to bed each night.

You will be going on ignore. Congrats.

• Haha
Reactions: RAHelllord

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine