That ISO Site?

JustMerePanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to a post by Lostbhoy called "THAT iso site?", we're allowed to say the name of "that ISO site." (Scroll down through the post until you find a comment by Joe88).

So, what's the name? I'm still trying to find it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Thanks anyways.
think dragon might've been the administrator of them, but I can't quite remember. I think the owners didn't want the sites anymore. not really sure why. they had been hacked multiple times, and I think the owners neglected to make database backups, so stuff like the wii/wii u site were completely destroyed.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
think dragon might've been the administrator of them, but I can't quite remember. I think the owners didn't want the sites anymore. not really sure why. they had been hacked multiple times, and I think the owners neglected to make database backups, so stuff like the wii/wii u site were completely destroyed.
Yep I had about 15 thousand posts there then the site got hacked and I was back to zero messages. I was so mad I joined the temp instead :rofl2:

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
got banned on all of them, then I was unbanned once dragon became admin iirc. got banned on a lot of sites, because I tell it like it is. :P
Yep some of the mods there were right little Hitlers and had zero sense of humour. Always makes me laugh when temp members complain about the site staff here being strict they wouldn't have lasted two minutes on the ISO sites with how strict the cunts there enforced the rules.

Reactions: godreborn

JustMerePanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep some of the mods there were right little Hitlers and had zero sense of humour. Always makes me laugh when temp members complain about the site staff here being strict they wouldn't have lasted two minutes on the ISO sites with how strict the cunts there enforced the rules.
Given that you just said that, I assume this site isn't as strict lol

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, those sites are long gone. They were a great resource for getting injects, since those can be a bit time consuming to make one at a time.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Bumping this thread because... i'm shocked, and disgusted. But also not really surprised. I didn't want to bump the other open thread about it (https://gbatemp.net/threads/iso-network-closes-doors.558064/) since the last post was made in 2020. This one is far more recent, sorry for the inconvenience.

Now, please read here (from Twitter itself, so you can see the whole discussion)

Scroll down a bit and you'll find a tweet about a guy named "Berk Eratay".

Now, this guy was named "Bojeunx" on ISO. He was literally one of the two (?) main founders.

There are other US-based news outlets that reported about this case.

I wonder what "dragon_from_iso" thinks about this story since he was a root admin around the time when the whole thing happened, and probably close to the founder(s) of that site.

Sadly this is drama so no need to bring it up.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yes but that was from the Justice department. This is more rumors than not right? Is anything confirmed?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I still have some of the ISO sites bookmarked... I guess I should finally clear them out... Same with the Switch game sites I bookmarked... They only seem to last about a week and then they're gone again.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel