Gaming The BIG TF2 Thread

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Black paint alone goes for 6 Refined, or 2.57 keys.
The value of black paint is due to you being able to paint any hat you want with it. The minute you use it on something it loses that property and in most cases it most certainly does not retain its value, Joe mentioned a case where it just happens to retain its value but with most hats it does not.

Reactions: 1 person

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black paint alone goes for 6 Refined, or 2.57 keys.
The value of black paint is due to you being able to paint any hat you want with it. The minute you use it on something it loses that property and in most cases it most certainly does not retain its value, Joe mentioned a case where it just happens to retain its value but with most hats it does not.

That is true, I didn't take that into account. There's always the chance that somebody out there was going to end up painting that hat black anyway, but it's probably slim.

Any lower offers on the hat?

And speaking of painted hats, I also have a Balaclavas Are Forever Bill's Hat and a Team Spirit Medic's Mountain Cap, if anyone would like to offer on those.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this does look pretty dam awesome with my combo

18b6adf3564e611fac5b84c.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well certain items are currently exploding in valve or going down
bmoc within a few weeks went from about 10 keys and is now hovering around earbuds (26 keys) (I have 2 so I could make a very nice profit right now since I got one for free and the second one I accepted in a trade as 6 keys in valve :lol: )
strange festives are also going up across the board
bot killer weapons are all going down due to they can be obtained forever and the general opinion that they are ugly
bills have stayed the exact same

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bmoc within a few weeks went from about 10 keys and is now hovering around earbuds (26 keys) (I have 2 so I could make a very nice profit right now since I got one for free and the second one I accepted in a trade as 6 keys in valve :lol: )
bot killer weapons are all going down due to they can be obtained forever and the general opinion that they are ugly
I really don't understand why the BMOC go up, so weird :( Also, did the ebenezer go up?

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I knew the botkillers were going to drop, but damn i wanted them to stay high, i'm bound to start getting dupes while trying for more gold ones XD

Must resist urge to sell my BMOC though, i'll regret it immediately after and try buying another back :glare:

EDIT: Holy crap those strange festives are going high :wtf:... must....not....sell....

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Would trade requests be acceptable in this thread?

If yes, I'm looking for a Tin-1000.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Tin-1000

I don't have much of value to offer though...
http://tf2b.com/tf2/8BitWalugi

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why the BMOC go up, so weird :( Also, did the ebenezer go up?
not at all, you would be lucky to get 4 keys for it, glad I didnt invest in them
alot of owners are mad because they didnt go up like the bmoc even though its more rarer then them

its not just rarity that determines value but also demand
people dont want an ugly top hat they want a santa hat

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just wanna say thanks a bunch for creating this thread and keeping it active! Below is my backpack link, just in case I may have something you are looking for, maybe we can trade!

http://backpack.tf/id/stuffnfluff22

:yay:
Nice backpack! You a trader too? You can give anything to me if you really feel like it, I don't mind.
not at all, you would be lucky to get 4 keys for it, glad I didnt invest in them
alot of owners are mad because they didnt go up like the bmoc even though its more rarer then them

Do you perhaps have any idea if the price for the Santa hat went up before? Maybe if it's drops again I'll buy some and just wait for a few months ;)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm collecting level 100 Scout gear (one of each, no dupes) if anyone has any they aren't attached to. If a Vintage version of the hat exists, I'm only looking for a Vintage version. I'm also trying to find a Haunted Holy Hunter and a Haunted Idiot Box to finish out my Haunted costume set (no level requirement on these). Thanks!
http://backpack.tf/id/injected11
Vintage Force-A-Nature
Vintage Bonk! Atomic Punch
Vintage Sandman
Vintage Troublemaker's Tossle Cap
Vintage Bonk Helm
Vintage Baseball Bill's Sport's Shine
Track Terrorizer

Also, when the crap did a 100 V Tossle hit 1.66 buds?! DAMN it feels good to be a gangsta.
And 70 ref for a Juju?!?! It's worth MORE than hundo Buds?!

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna say thanks a bunch for creating this thread and keeping it active! Below is my backpack link, just in case I may have something you are looking for, maybe we can trade!

Nice backpack! You a trader too? You can give anything to me if you really feel like it, I don't mind.
Oh, yeah! I trade ALL the time! I even give away stuff and raffle things off from time to time. I think the last I gave away were THESE THREE THINGIES as a set. :yay:

But yeah, ECONOMY!

Reactions: 1 person

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking for a clean tradeable HHH

the white camera beard and the strange revolver im interested in
(I can replace the camera beard with an dirty camera beard painted drab tincture and pay the difference if you want)

Do you perhaps have any idea if the price for the Santa hat went up before? Maybe if it's drops again I'll buy some and just wait for a few months ;)
they went up before to about 16 keys but it turned out to be price fixing and fake trading to artificially raise the price on the spreadsheet, after people found out about this it went back down to 6 keys
this however isnt done by fake trading, these are real trades

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the white camera beard and the strange revolver im interested in
(I can replace the camera beard with an dirty camera beard painted drab tincture and pay the difference if you want)
I think I'd have to pass on that offer. I love those two items too much (play Spy most of the time and the beard was my 2nd ever drop hat ^_^ )

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok no problem

anyway another wise investment would have been the non-strange festives
for a couple of months they were all only 2 rec and are now 1-2 keys, some are even going up to 3 keys
popular because people want a festive weapon but cant afford the strange festive weapons

the only strange festive I have is a stickybomb launcher because they were pretty cheap at the time (8 keys) and I only use the stock sticky gun, I screwed the guy I made the trade with though because I included in the trade a strange stickybomb launcher (I think they were 2-3 keys back then), 2 days later the new crate came out with the re-release the stickybomb launcher XD

some guy offered me a strange festive rocket launcher if I traded him an bmoc, dirty all-father, kringle collection, non-strange festive rocket launcher (this was back when bmoc was 8 keys and the sf rocket was like 23 keys or something)
the rocket is about 30 keys now
my stuff combined is about 30 keys also
the rocket seems to fluctuate too much in value for my liking (a week or 2 ago it was 1.5 buds)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm tempted to buy a B.M.O.C now for 1 buds (=27 kyes), seeing they will keep rising until Christmas? I should be able to make at least 10 keys profit on it I think.
Good idea or stupid?

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna get into TF2 but I have no idea how to play it. Anyone wanna give me a primer?
I know it's a deathmatch FPS (and now CO-OP) but I don't really know how to play it.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wanna get into TF2 but I have no idea how to play it. Anyone wanna give me a primer?
I know it's a deathmatch FPS (and now CO-OP) but I don't really know how to play it.
It's not really a deathmatch FPS, the majority of servers have some sort of goal, making it not pure slaughter.
A great explanation, especially the classes section, is located here.

For beginners, I really recommend the Soldier (always a good option, every player in TF2 has a liking for them :)), Medic (easy points due to staying back and healing everyone) and maybe Pyro. Those are easier classes.
The co-op aspect is in Man versus Machine, basically a completely unique mode of the game. I recommend the standard version, with goals like capturing the intel, checkpoints (like Unreal tournament, onslaught mode) and payload (my favourite, one team has to push a cart, other team has to stop it). Really really fun game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol