• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Chinese corporate social credit system

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocket man doesnt matter. Russia doesnt matter (starts to matter more regionally, or started until recent protests). Diplomacy still has them covered. :)

Its just the easyness that we go from individual rights (privacy, remember?) to - well, we probably should monior our competition now to retain a good social score - thats actually remarkable.
Unfortunately, Russia may start to matter... let's hope they keep good relations with other powerful countries

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Facebook - Potential and current employers, insurance companies, credit card companies, etc. can and have used people's facebook profiles already to judge them based on the material they post.
Google/Youtube - Google can add you into their search engine so anybody can type in your name and pull up arrest records, personal blogs, even forum posts on extremist websites. The videos you share can be used to target you for hate/death threats and can be used to silence you if you do not fit into Google's "preferred speech".
Twitter - people have been fired or lost job opportunities for posts made years ago.

These all seem like social credit profiling to me, but what do I know?

Right now, I, personally, can't confirm that they are giving "ratings" to individuals, but that is a possible next step.

I also said nothing about rating companies. Not sure why you brought that up.
Trust me, big tech's "preferred speech" is only going to get so much worse. In a few years, frogposting on a certain forum website will probably have you fired from your job and publicly executed

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Unfortunately, Russia may start to matter... let's hope they keep good relations with other powerful countries
Thats funny, I just watched a WEF panel, where the moderator told van der Layen - that Merkel calling Putin weekly shouldnt matter as much, and that they should get the frack over it. (being a regional power that is) ;)

See second to last video in this posting in the strange thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/occulti...an-maxwell-the-awakening.580893/#post-9329806

Also russia doesnt have that much soft power (international relations, rubel being an important currency in international trade, .. they are more reliant on the export of natural resources), and its population also ages, so the time to expand territory is now. And they did - in the past four+ years.

Apart from that, they were pretty successful in their proxy wars, and their sphere of influence (aside from 'securing their borders') is north/south - so unless other important players arent increasing pressure...

Northstream 2 still a hot topic though... (Although its being finished by russian contractors, last time I checked.)

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

The Chinese people could have avoided the Social Credit System, but since they just allowed it to go proceed without taking any action (protests, refuse to comply, unite people as one, etc) it's now part of them.

That said, in the West it's not going to take long either since the people just do as they're told and they think it's for their own good.

People just don't learn from history or care to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Wake up