The cookie prompt is not GDPR-compliant

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
GDPR states that cookie prompts need to require the same amount of clicks to deny cookies as to accept them.

However, the cookie prompt requires you to untick about 20 checkboxes to fully deny cookies. How is this legal? Is it using yet another stupid loophole?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isnt this just for the UK?

All I find about cookies its recommended to have a reject all but not necessary. Then again Im on my phone so not a good tool to search in files with
The GDPR applies to the European Union, just found a page re-directing to a UK site explaining it. Then again, I'm not a lawyer, and am not familiar with the GDPR regulations.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you hate cookies like i do you can install the browser extension idontcareaboutcookies

This extension will block all cookies automatically and you can exclude websites if you wish to do so.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
GDPR states that cookie prompts need to require the same amount of clicks to deny cookies as to accept them.

However, the cookie prompt requires you to untick about 20 checkboxes to fully deny cookies. How is this legal? Is it using yet another stupid loophole?
I think you are confusing our cookies with some random pop-up from someone else. I just double checked this.
It's true it requires 1 extra click. But not 20 like you say.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if this site's cookie prompt isn't compliant then i don't think any other on the internet is compliant lol, i've seen the terrible ones that take up the entire screen and require like 50 clicks to get rid of

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Screenshot_20230916_181859_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230916_181913_com.android.chrome.jpg

You click "continue to site" accept, or "show details" to go to the next screen where you can choose to accept or reject (default is reject), and then press "continue to site"

So yeah, 1 extra click.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
View attachment 394224View attachment 394225

You click "continue to site" accept, or "show details" to go to the next screen where you can choose to accept or reject (default is reject), and then press "continue to site"

So yeah, 1 extra click.
That's weird, you're getting a completely different version of the prompt than I see.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think you're getting the one with a round-ish green consent button? That's from some ad... i get that on a few different sites

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I think you're getting the one with a round-ish green consent button? That's from some ad... i get that on a few different sites
The buttons and sliders are all blue. About 20 "legitimate interest" sliders have to be unchecked after clicking on "more options".

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you hate cookies like i do you can install the browser extension idontcareaboutcookies
This extension will block all cookies automatically and you can exclude websites if you wish to do so.
If you actually hate cookies, why use idontcareaboutcookies?
In most cases, it just blocks or hides cookie related pop-ups. When it's needed for the website to work properly, it will automatically accept the cookie policy for you (sometimes it will accept all and sometimes only necessary cookie categories, depending on what's easier to do).
Consent-O-Matic should allow you to instead set your cookie preferences once in the plugin and automatically apply it to your visited websites - automatically declining cookies you don't want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1