Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have question about language change in WIIu menu... I have japanese 32gb white console with region fix and mod. There is any possibility to change menu language from japanese to english?..
Thanks

not that I know of, but someone else might know for sure.

gb12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My little bros friend updated our firmware from 5.5.1 to 5.5.3. We're pretty much screwed for loading backed up games, correct?

DANTE2130

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi. I have freeze in Zelda BOTW on splash screen. Haxchi+CBHC. Installed via "brazillian" method on USB HDD. I tried to moving it to NAND - no results. If i download update from eShop - i see screen "Press A to start" and freeze again. Don't understand what going on. Sleep mode on HDD disabled. I try reset console and HDD - no results.

Last edited by DANTE2130,

Kaseryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. New member here. Just got my WiiU today and have installed CBHC however with the apparent demise of Wii USB Helper it seems a bit of a minefield to source and install games. I understand that program gave you the files you needed in the correct format to transfer but with the popularity of Cemu there seem to be a bunch of versions. Are there any guides handy to get a handle on all this?

For instance i'm grabbing a wud version now. Is that any good to me? This is the filelit..

sxs-zbow.key
0.02 kB
sxs-zbow.nfo
3.47 kB
sxs-zbow.wud
23.31 GB

Last edited by Kaseryn,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi. New member here. Just got my WiiU today and have installed CBHC however with the apparent demise of Wii USB Helper it seems a bit of a minefield to source and install games. I understand that program gave you the files you needed in the correct format to transfer but with the popularity of Cemu there seem to be a bunch of versions. Are there any guides handy to get a handle on all this?

For instance i'm grabbing a wud version now. Is that any good to me? This is the filelit..

sxs-zbow.key
0.02 kB
sxs-zbow.nfo
3.47 kB
sxs-zbow.wud
23.31 GB
You can extract WUDs. I don't remember with which tool tbh. Dunno if "CDecrypt" was capable of that.

DANTE2130

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Guys, what about SDXC SD cards? They supported? I ask because when i install games via this SDXC card - game not working. With SDHC everything is fine. Maybe it possible to fix?

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sdxc are normally formatted with exfat and maybe this is not supported, so try to check if the card has the right filesystem and maybe reformat

DANTE2130

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
sdxc are normally formatted with exfat and maybe this is not supported, so try to check if the card has the right filesystem and maybe reformat
I format card with guiformat utility. Tried 32Kb and 64 Kb cluster size - nothing is changed. Games which installed via WUP Installer with this card not loading or freezed in unexpected time.

Kaseryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can extract WUDs. I don't remember with which tool tbh. Dunno if "CDecrypt" was capable of that.

Thanks.. I did see then that those images can be extracted but with the easy download of proper filesets now gone it seems a pita to get games in their proper format. A lot of it seems extracted for use with Cemu. Are there no alternatives now wii usb helper has gone? Even privtae torrents dont seem to have much (prob cos it was so easy with usb helper)?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks.. I did see then that those images can be extracted but with the easy download of proper filesets now gone it seems a pita to get games in their proper format. A lot of it seems extracted for use with Cemu. Are there no alternatives now wii usb helper has gone? Even privtae torrents dont seem to have much (prob cos it was so easy with usb helper)?
Extracted games (for Cemu/Loadiine) can be repacked with NUS Packer.

Astrologia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello incredibly new to Wiiu hacking. I am attempting to use the XCXSound mod that utilizes the cafiine server. I have gotten to the part where it asks me to go to loadiine.ovh and Select Cafiine + Kernel. Only issue, is that Cafiine + Kernel is not present on the drop down list. I am on 5.5.3

Iscariath

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I copy data to a new SD card and just use it? I would like to recover the SD card that is in my Wii U and replace it with another one. I'm using a 128gb microSD and I'm finish backing up NAND and installing games. I want to swap back to a 32gb SD card and recover the 128gb micro SD for other use. Can I just copy data to the other card, swap it and call it a day? Any risk here? I'm using standard haxchi (no coldboot yet) with backup installed on a USB drive.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I copy data to a new SD card and just use it? I would like to recover the SD card that is in my Wii U and replace it with another one. I'm using a 128gb microSD and I'm finish backing up NAND and installing games. I want to swap back to a 32gb SD card and recover the 128gb micro SD for other use. Can I just copy data to the other card, swap it and call it a day? Any risk here? I'm using standard haxchi (no coldboot yet) with backup installed on a USB drive.
Dont you need 64gb sd card to backup a 32gb wii u nand?

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont you need 64gb sd card to backup a 32gb wii u nand?
No

You can even use 4gb and do it in sections

Edit: I am sorry I thought this was the switch board, I retract my statement

Last edited by x65943,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol