Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wandering I know people are buying these packages with intentions on updating to FW5.3.2 but does not the wiiu have to be updated by force when you first set it up?. I'm sure I did I remember back then, it was a massive update you had too when you first set the internet settings up, you where told by a big nag else if not, no internet connectivity at all to anything I'm sure all that was blocked off. Or has this changed now, can you just use a disc and its all ok to 5.3.2?
That was the day one update that all Wii U's had since they shipped basically incomplete.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
That was the day one update that all Wii U's had since they shipped basically incomplete.
Is nothing like that in force then anymore? do you not have a forced update to stop you updating the unit to what you want on first set up so basically then all wiiu's in the shops are now prone to being hacked? cause I doubt very much any of the wiiu's in stock are over 5.3.2.

Last edited by Reecey,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Is nothing like that in force then anymore? do you not have a forced update to stop you updating the unit to what you want on first set up so basically then all wiiu's in the shops are now prone to being hacked? cause I doubt very much any of the wiiu's in stock are over 5.3.2.
I have 5.1.2 that has never been plugged into the internet and doesn't have a NNID associated with it. Playsgames just fine, I haven't updated it yet.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 5.1.2 that has never been plugged into the internet and doesn't have a NNID associated with it. Playsgames just fine, I haven't updated it yet.
I was reading this bit on the net from the president and its was quite funny now>
"When asked by shareholders about online security, Satoru Iwata made it clear that the significant issues that faced Wii and DS won't recur to the same extent on current and upcoming systems." :O

"For those that play fair then this is all good news and it's clear that, in terms of online infrastructure and security, Nintendo is modernising and upping its game." well it certainly did that with Super Smash Bros :lol:

Last edited by Reecey,

WHEELMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Super Mario Bros 3d world and gamestop just now and I had Mario Mario 10 since the summer time so I hope it's going to be alright thank you for ur help the one i just brought has 5 .32 on thank so much i super mario one i will be test my games to see if there work on system real thank you i did not put my wpsk n this wii u would i be good now or do have step ininteret

Last edited by WHEELMAN,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@fiveighteen Hey, I found a nice little alternative to mongoose. No installation needed if you want to take a look at it. Works with the newer loadiine (elf files) too, I tested them. No setup, just run exe. a simple vbs script will open it windowless. Just thought it might be even easier with this for some people. if you open it without a vbs script it shows your computer ip too, so people wont have to look for it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/miniweb/

Last edited by EclipseSin,

TrojanHorse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No luck on exchanging the bundle over at best buy, looks like I'm on 5.4.0 for the time being. What that in mind, is there anyway to use the Mario Kart dlc codes without Nintendo forcing an update to 5.5.0? I got a prior suggestion on how to do so but that was under the pretense that iI had 5.3.2. Instead of 5.4.0 .

thanks for all the hard work on this stuff folks, looks like a lot of awesome stuff in store for the near future.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would i be good now or do have step ininteret
If you connect to the internet you will update to 5.5.0... Don't do that. The 5.3.2 update is on the disc. Just run the game offline.

@fiveighteen Hey, I found a nice little alternative to mongoose. No installation needed if you want to take a look at it.
Mongoose is just an executable with no setup as well :P but I'll check it out soon. Could be a viable alternative. Options are good.

No luck on exchanging the bundle over at best buy, looks like I'm on 5.4.0 for the time being. What that in mind, is there anyway to use the Mario Kart dlc codes without Nintendo forcing an update to 5.5.0? I got a prior suggestion on how to do so but that was under the pretense that iI had 5.3.2. Instead of 5.4.0 .

thanks for all the hard work on this stuff folks, looks like a lot of awesome stuff in store for the near future.
Dang. Yeah you're stuck without DLC on 5.4.0. If you were on 5.3.2 you could spoof to 5.5.0 and use NNU-Patcher to download it, but until the Kernel Exploit is released you are in limbo.

Confused on where to get started... Downloaded the definitive pack... but what do I do with them??
You might want to do a little extra reading through the guide and through the other threads here lol.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted-355425

Say it's faulty and demand your money back

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say it's faulty and demand your money back
True, could make up almost any excuse for why it might not power on or display correctly or something. Would a Best Buy cashier really unbox it and plug it in to deny you an exchange? Unlikely lol. If they did you could just be like "wow that never happened at my house" :P Plus you're asking for an exchange, not a return, so I can't see why they'd be too upset.

@TrojanHorse

Last edited by fiveighteen, , Reason: Autocorrect typos
D

Deleted-355425

True, could make up almost any excuse for why it might not power on or display correctly or something. Would a Best Buy cashier really unbox it and plug it in to deny you an exchange? Unlikely lol. Of they did to could just be like "wow that never happened at my house" :P Plus you're asking for an exchange, not a return, so I can't see why they'd be too upset.

@TrojanHorse
Cover your self and say it's an 'intermittent' fault.. Good luck to them proving it hasn't.

xem

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys, sorry, I have another series of dumb questions (but I'm asking seriously):

1- is loadiine compatible with the firmware spoofing? Is firmware spoofing mandatory to play recent games with loadiine? in which order do I have to perform both of these hacks?
2- I've already seen some backups online described as "loadiine ready2play", yet appearing as incompatible in the "compatibility sheet" of this forum. Some others say they were incompatible but they managed to compress the rpx file to make it loadiine compatible (ex: sonic boom). Is it true? Can all big rpx be compressed?
3- If I don't own any VC title yet, I can't use VC injection right? Is it still true that firmware spoofing doesn't allow accessing eShop? Is the "eshop hack" that appeared just after the firmware spoofer dangerous? Or is there ( / will there be) a way to enjoy VC injection without buying any VC title?
4- in the official loadiine 1.0 download thread, they say "The folder structure is different between version 1.0a and new releases. (...) You are encouraged to update to latest version and use the new file structure". I'm okay with that but I don't understand where I can find and how I can install a loadiine version newer than 1.0a. All the text and video tutorials are outdated and I feel lost between all the loadiine forks that exist out there. Could someone sum it up please?
5- Can we expect a better compat list for loadiine and/or online play with loadiine in the future, or would it require another exploit than the one we currently have with SSBWiiU? Are there people working on it already?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by xem,
Reactions: pelago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxvzFnWCu0