• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The escalation of the Israel-Palestine conflict

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
News straight from the horse's mouth today - HAMAS has now announced that 50 out of the 62 casualties during the border clashes so far were positively identified as HAMAS militants. We already know that an additional 3 were members of Islamic Jihad, totalling in 53 terrorists out of 62 deaths. But yeah, Israel is just shooting at people indiscriminately. You can't even accuse me of a right-wing bend here, this was reported by the CNN. So much for the "spontaneous peaceful protests" narrative. There are also reports that HAMAS pays civilians $300 to get wounded and $500 to the families of the dead because they want more of those great photo ops of Israeli soldiers shooting "civilians". They're literally recruiting meat shields, but it's Israel who's at fault. This is a concentrated effort to breach the border and kill Jews, and it's becoming painfully obvious.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/05/16/middleeast/hamas-members-gaza-deaths/index.html?rm=1

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why are Jews hated so much? I did some reading on antisemitism last night and it's insane how much persecution they go through.
The right-wing conspiracy nut (Trump supporter) narrative is that Jews control pretty much all major institutions worldwide. Media, finance, militaries, everything. Not capable individuals that worked their way up, but just "cheating" and "sneaking," the same smears that have been used since WW2.

Personally I have no issue with Jewish people, most are very talented and/or dedicated individuals. That doesn't mean I have to praise Israel when they try to use the US to their own ends on the global scale. The amount of financial and arms support we send to them annually should be more than enough. Not that we should be supporting an extremist like Netanyahu at all.

Last edited by Xzi,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The right-wing conspiracy nut (Trump supporter) narrative is that Jews control pretty much all major institutions worldwide. Media, finance, militaries, everything. Not capable individuals that worked their way up, but just "cheating" and "sneaking," the same smears that have been used since WW2.

Personally I have no issue with Jewish people, most are very talented and/or dedicated individuals. That doesn't mean I have to praise Israel when they try to use the US to their own ends on the global scale. The amount of financial and arms support we send to them annually should be more than enough. Not that we should be supporting an extremist like Netanyahu at all.
Nice stereotyping there, I'm sure every Trump supporter is a racist member of the NRA and KKK who secretly maintains a stash on Nazi memorabilia and listens to Alex Jones in a survival shelter in the basement while turning satellite dishes around to receive alien transmissions, simultaneously operating several cameras to ensure that FEMA isn't at the door to take away the 45+ guns every single one of them has to hunt the Juden with, which is all very hard when wearing a High Dragon hood. Nevermind the fact that half of the country voted for him and his job approval rating averages at 43.4% now, the highest point in months. Half of America is just racist bigots, it all makes sense.

We totally shouldn't support an extremist like Netanyahu, instead we should make deals with Glorious Leader Kim Jong Un, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and other vile dictators because unlike a legitimate Prime Minister of a democratic country they're not extreme and can be trusted. We shouldn't help Israel remain a beacon of hope in the middle east, what we need to do is send more pallets of untraceable cash to Iran so that they... don't spend it on missiles and terror, I guess. The cognitive dissonance is palpable.

Boy, oh boy - I really hope the left keeps this attitude up for two more years. Please, continue to berate half of the country, you're bolstering Trump's re-election efforts.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind the fact that half of the country voted for him and his job approval rating averages at 43.4% now, the highest point in months. Half of America is just racist bigots, it all makes sense.
Half of America, lol. Only 59.7% of Americans even voted in 2016, and of those, Trump got less than half of the popular vote by around three million. So yes, more like 30-33% are "alt-right" aka ignorant nationalist douchebags who want America to be a whites-only country.

We totally shouldn't support an extremist like Netanyahu, instead we should make deals with Glorious Leader Kim Jong Un, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and other vile dictators
It's all open season with Trump in charge, he's praised nearly every dictator in the past. Right now he's more focused on trying to become a dictator himself. I wonder how many more times he's going to request a military parade.

We shouldn't help Israel remain a beacon of hope in the middle east, what we need to do is send more palettes of untraceable cash to Iran so that they... don't spend it on missiles and terror, I guess.
You realize that was already Iranian money that we gave back to them in exchange for hostages, right? Oh never mind, this is another stupid line of attack that will be played on Faux News ad nausem until roughly 2050.

Boy, oh boy - I really hope the left keeps this attitude up for two more years. Please, continue to berate half of the country, you're bolstering Trump's re-election efforts.
Sure I am. That's why nearly every candidate Trump has endorsed since being inaugurated has lost. The only way Republicans come out of the 2018 midterms with any leg to stand on is if they keep as many people from voting as possible.

Last edited by Xzi,
D

Deleted User

So yes, more like 30-33% are "alt-right" aka ignorant nationalist douchebags who want America to be a whites-only country.
Holy shit you are stereotyping hard. Might as well come out and say that all liberals and leftists hate America and want it to burn to the ground. No? Alright, let's move on then.

30-33% of people voted for Trump then? Well, tell me. Was this election a vote between two good options, or two bad options? Two bad options? Thought so. That means that a lot of those people most likely voted for whichever party best represented their views (living in Arizona we see the negatives of immigration, unlike a places like New York and Pennsylvania). That also means they most likely voted for the lesser of two evils. You'd be surprised how much of a minority the "alt-right" is. It is simply a vocal minority.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit you are stereotyping hard. Might as well come out and say that all liberals and leftists hate America and want it to burn to the ground. No? Alright, let's move on then.
No, let's not. These are labels that Trump supporters typically self-identify with, I'm not the one labeling them as "alt-right," or "neo-nazi." Trump embraced these groups early during the campaign, and continued to do so throughout it. He's refused several times to denounce white supremacist leaders. It's not at all surprising that these types congregate around Trump, it's been a whole lot of not-so-subtle racist dogwhistles from the beginning.

30-33% of people voted for Trump then? Well, tell me. Was this election a vote between two good options, or two bad options? Two bad options? Thought so.
I would've preferred Bernie, but even minus him we had one qualified, experienced candidate, and one reality TV star. They were not equal options. Actions have consequences and now that we're seeing the trainwreck that is the Trump presidency, the people who enthusiastically supported him are having a hard time owning up to reality and taking their share of responsibility for this mess.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

No, let's not. These are labels that Trump supporters typically self-identify with, I'm not the one labeling them as "alt-right," or "neo-nazi." Trump embraced these groups early during the campaign, and continued to do so throughout it. He's refused several times to denounce white supremacist leaders. It's not at all surprising that these types congregate around Trump, it's been a whole lot of not-so-subtle racist dogwhistles from the beginning.
*ignores rest of my point*
Has Clinton or Obama denounced alt-left leaders/groups (like Antifa?). Honestly, I don't care enough to argue with you when you don't even respond to the rest of my point, so I didn't do more than a quick google search about Clinton or Obama denouncing groups like Antifa, so if they have please inform me.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Has Clinton or Obama denounced alt-left leaders/groups (like Antifa?)
Antifa are not affiliated with the Democratic party in any way, they're mostly anarchists. Anarchy is incompatible with organized institutions. Nor has the left ever had a leader to galvanize the "alt-left" like Trump has galvanized the alt-right. In the end it's simply the old Southern Strategy in new clothes.

Last edited by Xzi,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Half of America, lol. Only 59.7% of Americans even voted in 2016, and of those, Trump got less than half of the popular vote by around three million. So yes, more like 30-33% are "alt-right" aka ignorant nationalist douchebags who want America to be a whites-only country.

It's all open season with Trump in charge, he's praised nearly every dictator in the past. Right now he's more focused on trying to become a dictator himself. I wonder how many more times he's going to request a military parade.

You realize that was already Iranian money that we gave back to them in exchange for hostages, right? Oh never mind, this is another stupid line of attack that will be played on Faux News ad nausem until roughly 2050.

Sure I am. That's why nearly every candidate Trump has endorsed since being inaugurated has lost. The only way Republicans come out of the 2018 midterms with any leg to stand on is if they keep as many people from voting as possible.
Money that was rightfully frozen as part of the Iranian asset freeze after a slew of international law violations, threats of WMD development, acts of terrorism and actual bombings. It should've never been returned to them and it was, as expected, immediately funneled into military expansion. Of course you wouldn't know that because as an Obama fanboy you probably bought the idea that the Iranian regime is moderate. I have to give Barack some credit here, he knew exactly who to as for foreign policy advice - a fiction writer, Ben Rhodes. Only the best experts for the job, someone has to write a compelling narrative.

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Of course you wouldn't know that because as an Obama fanboy you probably bought the idea that the Iranian regime is moderate.
Moderate or not, attitudes toward the US in Iran were shifting in a positive direction. At least until the orange fuckwit got involved and shit all over America's standing on the world stage.

Last edited by Xzi,

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The definition of a terrorist is anyone Israel dislikes, has stolen land from, or intends to have America bomb to smithereens sometime in the near future.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would've preferred Bernie, but even minus him we had one qualified, experienced candidate, and one reality TV star. They were not equal options. Actions have consequences and now that we're seeing the trainwreck that is the Trump presidency, the people who enthusiastically supported him are having a hard time owning up to reality and taking their share of responsibility for this mess.

If Bernie won, still would've better than the dog-faced Clinton bitch winning.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Moderate or not, attitudes in Iran were shifting toward the US. At least until the orange fuckwit got involved and shit all over America's standing on the world stage.
No, they weren't. Do you think I have the word "rube" tattooed on my forehead? Iran has increased its military budget by 30% since the deal was signed. Not quite the 40% Trump claimed, but 30% is bad enough. The only things they're turning towards the U.S. are the barrels of their weapons, they never intended to become your buddies and believing otherwise is just naive.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think I care about her or any of the Clinton losers? Hell no. She's hardly that much of a diplomat and got all tits up because she didn't get her way.
REeeeeeeee! She was supposed to break the glass ceiling, you bigot! She did such a wonderful job as Secretary of State! It was her turn!

Reactions: Foxi4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, they weren't. Do you think I have the word "rube" tattooed on my forehead? Iran has increased its military budget by 30% since the deal was signed. Not quite the 40% Trump claimed, but 30% is bad enough. The only things they're turning towards the U.S. are the barrels of their weapons, they never intended to become your buddies and believing otherwise is just naive.
Oh Jesus, not 30%?!?! Don't we increase our annual military budget by hundreds of percentage points nearly every year? Should every other country on Earth take that as a sign of aggression? This is ridiculous logic.

dlfnDay.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: anybody here?