dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really fucking aggravating.
Forced labor or face consequences?
Who the fuck do these pieces of shit think they are, seriously?
I still don't understand, though. Reverse engineering is completely legal, so what legal recourse does/did Nintendo have? Isn't it the same reason why Nintendo is completely unable to legally go after Smealum?

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were probably just looking for hacks themselves. I think around 70 percent of Nintendo employees pirate the games because of dev opposition to fulfill.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to think they hired smealum..

I remember when he was approached by the ninjas and went on a long absence on Twitter, it was obvious they got him

But I never imagined it would be this.

Like, wow, that tweet where he was using the Homebrew channel in front of the Nintendo headquarters really did not age well.
It was a stunt to gain public trust and dang, it worked really well

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I still don't understand, though. Reverse engineering is completely legal, so what legal recourse does/did Nintendo have? Isn't it the same reason why Nintendo is completely unable to legally go after Smealum?

Well, if you read the terms and conditions of the 3DS (Oh yes, I read them) there is a part that prohibits doing reverse engineering with it lol

Reactions: ZipMartin

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This leaks are getting better and better.

in the next leaks you all know find out im cheating on @AmandaRose with @p1ngpong to find out what GBAtemp next moves are because i work for Nintendo. only for @AlanJohn to stab me in the back. with one of @Foxi4 soldering iron. where @DinohScene finds me and takes me to an underground doctor called @x65943 who happens to be a lover of @AmandaRose too.
Hey not my fault everyone loves me :rofl2:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We already know they do. They're welcome to browse this place for all they want.
Probably Nintondo's employees are even subbed to Gbatemp and perhaps they are even active tempers Among us:

Nintendo employee: Mods here kinda sus, many tempers sus too! they will never know we we are,
let's find out how many leaks are on public?

Reactions: apaltado

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes me wonder if this is not the reason why there has not been a lot of competition on the switch scene.

D

Deleted User

Well, if you read the terms and conditions of the 3DS (Oh yes, I read them) there is a part that prohibits doing reverse engineering with it lol
Which I believe would be an illegal term to put into T&C in (atleast) Europe, as people are allowed to do with their device whatever they wish.
Suing someone for reverse engineering a device they own would probably get thrown out of court.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the next leak will answer that ;)
:::sqiunts eyes::: anyone can be on the Big N's payroll at this point

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Reactions: Chary

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but that can't legally jeopardize someone. That just voids your warranty.
I'm guessing either Nemoid was publishing confidential and/or copyrighted material, or it's another empty threat from Nintendo that will never work (like them sending a C&D or whatever they did to someone who handmade and used a logo that had the letters "DK").

Reactions: Ryccardo

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
And to think they hired smealum..

I remember when he was approached by the ninjas and went on a long absence on Twitter, it was obvious they got him

But I never imagined it would be this.

Like, wow, that tweet where he was using the Homebrew channel in front of the Nintendo headquarters really did not age well.
It was a stunt to gain public trust and dang, it worked really well
Smea sold out? Where is your source

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WHAT!!!! They really think they can stop a hacker for doing his work, hacking things? Its like you want to stop water flow/existence..... even if the water evaporated, its location is till on Earth just in different form and it will come back (its always the same amount of water in existence, just different forms) and you simply cant stop this.

He should sue them, seriously.... that is unacceptable, doing things like that

NIntendo, if you actually did your own job/mind your own business, things like this (leak and all that) wouldnt happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po