Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

pankos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Last edited by pankos,

psicotron3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About the wiistation wiiflow plugin, I found out that Wiistation was loading a random game instead the selected one.

Sorted it out to be related do .cue/.bin images.

The plugin ini file searchs for the .bin files. Changing it to make it use (and pass as argument) the .cue files fixed the issue. Now it boots the selected game.

I changed this line on /wiiflow/plugins/Playstation/WiiStation.ini
filetypes=.bin|.img|.iso|.cdi

to:

filetypes=.cue|.img|.iso|.cdi

Maybe this could also sort out the problem with multiple .bin images, but I haven't tested.

mattiuos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Tetsuo Shima Not sure if you can help me but I am trying to run fceugx from wiiflow with my roms on my SD and saves going to my USB. When fceugx is launched from hbc this works and saves go to USB while roms are being loaded off the SD. When I launch a rom from wiiflow and try and save it says "error opening directory". Its like the settings.xml is being reset by wiiflow because when i relaunch in the hbc my fceugx settings have changed back to save to SD. Im having the same issue with vbagx and snes9xgx. Other emulators like mGBA are having no issues with roms on the SD and the saves going to the USB

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattiuos

Try this.

Find fceugx settings.xml file located at ...
SD/wiiflow/plugins/NES/fceu_GX folder, then open the settings.xml file with notepad+.

On lines 5,6,7,8, change values from "1" to "0" for each line and save. This should fix the save/load issues.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

mattiuos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@mattiuos

Try this.

Find fceugx settings.xml file located at ...
SD/wiiflow/plugins/NES/fceu_GX folder, then open the settings.xml file with notepad+.

On lines 5,6,7,8, change values from "1" to "0" for each line and save. This should fix the save/load issues.
Still not working. wiiflow still reverts the settings.xml lines to the original values of 1 once a rom is launched. I have the settings.xml also in my apps/fceugx and those values were NOT reverted and remained at 0.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry but I'm a little clueless about this.
Maybe it depends on the partition used for the plugins. Are your plugins on sd or usb?
Or it can be that the GX emulators cannot correctly save settings when launched from different locations other than /apps.
I'm just guessing

Reactions: RunningSnakes

mattiuos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry but I'm a little clueless about this.
Maybe it depends on the partition used for the plugins. Are your plugins on sd or usb?
Or it can be that the GX emulators cannot correctly save settings when launched from different locations other than /apps.
I'm just guessing
Plugins are on SD. I wanted all files on the SD other than saves. Unfortunately I think you are right and the GX emulators cannot correctly save the settings when launching from wiiflow.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I tested GX from every angle i could think and my results are the same as yours, error opening directory. I tried TX also since they do things a little different but the results are the same. Sorry i don't have better news but the "X" emulators eveidently need to save to plugin partition.

Have you tried Genesis Plus GX using this method? Interested to know if this issue exists with that as well.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill give Gen GX a go and see if i can figure anyting out with that emulator.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, i believe as long as the SD card is inserted, all GX, TX, RX emulators will force saving on native device/partition where plugins are located.

I know each of us have different preferences and tastes when it comes to final setup. Minor issues like this are easily forgiven with the vast excellence WFL provides us through emulation plugins.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

mattiuos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to add to this i tried with the plugins located on USB and saves still diverted to the SD. From what I can tell if you have an SD card inserted it will always revert back to saving there no matter what. If you want USB saves through wiiflow it seems you can not have an SD card in your set up at all.

psicotron3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to add to this i tried with the plugins located on USB and saves still diverted to the SD. From what I can tell if you have an SD card inserted it will always revert back to saving there no matter what. If you want USB saves through wiiflow it seems you can not have an SD card in your set up at all.
I've been trying the opposite for quite some time. I want plugins AND saves on SDCARD but using Roms on USB. And I found out something about how the emulators behave when launched as plugins from SDCARD to load roms from USB:

a) Snes?X and fceu_GX:
- save their settings inside wiiflow plugins folder but the savegame path is ignored. Other settings (controllers etc) reload ok.
- save games and savestates always on the respective root folder (sd://snesgx or usbv://snesgx) inside the same device from where the rom launched (if loading roms from usb, saves are on usb if loading from sd, saves go to sd.

b) Genplusgx
- save settings inside sd://genplus
- save games and savestates always on sd://genplus
Obs: since genplus is already doing what I want, I haven't tried/don't know if I can make it save to USB. But it's clear that GenplusGX is coded in a very different way from the other GX emulators.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
For the life of me I cannot get covers to display, I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on what I'm doing wrong.

In case it's relevant, I edited the romdir for all the emulators; e.g. in SD:\wiiflow\plugins\NES\NES_fceu_gx.ini I changed "romdir=ROMS/Nintendo/NES" to "romdir=fceugx/roms"

I did not change the coverfolder setting "coverfolder=Nintendo/NES". I've saved boxcovers to SD:\wiiflow\boxcovers\Nintendo\NES

All the box covers saved to SD:\wiiflow\boxcovers\Nintendo\NES are named the same as those saved to USB:\fceugx\roms

Roms are showing from USB:\fceugx\roms and playable but without covers. I even tried saving box covers to "USB:\wiiflow\boxcovers\Nintendo\NES" in addition to SD but no change. And yes I reloaded cache during each attempt.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.