Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank You, Snakes!
I will keep that in mind should I decide to pursue bezels.
Even though I like the 4:3 screen in a dark room, feels just right...
Arcades did have bezels in their cabinets, so Arcade bezels are actually justified and almost NEEDED.

RE: The Chelo Youtube Video:
Absolutely, I was referring to his video.

His Youtube channel / Telegram room is LEGENDARY.
When I began modding my Wii I would have loved to have found his packs.
Yet....
I still think Rhapsodii Shima is way superior aesthetically (Retro-SteamPunk/Elegant), and the process of curating and manually adding ROMs and Covers one by one, is also quite rewarding.

I am about to try his bezels pack for the newest SDL fork.
I do not use WIIFLOW for Arcade anyway, it is a mess finding boxart and I cannot stand a single ROM without boxart LOL

Now, I do have a mess of MAME ROM sets, and I have a mad time figuring which RetroArch core will be able to run the games, LOL

So the new MAME SDL build with his Bezels set and all.. it might become my defacto Arcade method, even if it must be launched from HomeBrewChannel instead of Wiiflow.

What is missing from the AMAZING Chelo (Marcelo?) collection is a WAD launcher to setup a Wii Channel.
That way I can choose either to launch Wiiflow or MAME from the main screen.

He promised to share his WAD launcher soon.

Last edited by popckorn,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spoke to him this morning, i have added the path to one of my channel forwarders but have not tested the vWii channel yet. I can upload here if you are using Wii.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sure, I am using Wii.
I would appreciate it!

I am getting home in a couple hours, to try it out, But I will also be troubleshooting my tween cousins' Wii this whole weekend, I have to set up their WiiWares, etc. So I will be making the rounds, hit me up whatever news come up, I will love to try it all! LOL

Reactions: SaulFabre

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...vWii channels tested and confirmed working as well as og Wii...

Attachments

• MAME - RunningSnakes (BARC) - (sdlmame-wii) White.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • MAME - RunningSnakes (BARC) - (sdlmame-wii) Gold - vWii.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • MAME - RunningSnakes (BARC) - (sdlmame-wii) White - vWii.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • MAME - RunningSnakes (BARC) - (sdlmame-wii) Gold.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 18

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there some workaround to make wiisxrx preview 4.0 workable on usb? for some reason wiisxrx only seem to work when wiiflow\plugins\PlayStation\WiiSX_RX is on the SD

I tried changing WIISX_RX.ini rompartition from -1 to 1 (1 seem to be right usb port)

I tried changing settingsRX.cfg BiosDevice to 0, 1, 2 (placing the bios on the sd or usb)

Are there any other settings?

wiisxrx seem to run fine trough HBC
Did anyone succesfully run wiisxrx from their usb?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@mcfry666
Are you trying to run with everything on USB, or with games on USB and plugin on SD?
(Wiiflow folder incl. plugins) on SD with roms on USB (wiisxrx/isos) works
(Wiiflow folder incl. plugins) on SD with roms on SD (wiisxrx/isos) works

(Wiiflow folder incl. plugins) on USB with roms on USB (wiisxrx/isos) does not work

Do you guys place the plugin folder on SD?

Because i heard in the past most homebrew runs more stable on SD for some reason, although i have no idea if that is still the case in 2023 :)
All the other plugins run fine btw, wiisxrx is the only exception to not work on usb.
Sorry for bothering you again, usb just gives me a smoother/faster experience.
And it's easier to setup everything on 1 device.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, I will test on USB only.

There are some plugins that do require SD, obviously the plugins in the COPY_TO_SD in the plugins pack and (newer) releases of stand-alone mGBA.

I used the USB only setup for years but moved to SD/USB a few years ago primarily for testing purposes helping @Tetsuo Shima , then while maintaining/updating i found SD/USB more reliable. Just my personal preference now days..

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No problem, I will test on USB only.

There are some plugins that do require SD, obviously the plugins in the COPY_TO_SD in the plugins pack and (newer) releases of stand-alone mGBA.

I used the USB only setup for years but moved to SD/USB a few years ago primarily for testing purposes helping @Tetsuo Shima , then while maintaining/updating i found SD/USB more reliable. Just my personal preference now days..
My curent setup is: canvio basic 2tb with a y link cable (canvio basic uses 900ma max) so a y link gave me more stability because the wii has 500ma per port.

Actually I have opposite results with placing the plugins on the SD CARD. They run slower and give me occasional freezes when i exit them. Same results with multiple SD CARDS (sdhc, sdxc and different brands). Would it be possible to place WIISXRX on the SD card as an exception?

- Maybe place wiiflow/plugins/playstation/wiisx_rx on the sd card
- change "WIISX_RX.ini" "dolfile=PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol" to something like "dolfile=SD:/PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol"?
- or could i change something in the arguments line in "WIISX_RX.ini"

I have no idea if that's even possible?

Last edited by mcfry666,

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Somehow i fixed WIISXRX :D
  • I placed WIISXRX plugin folder into the "/apps" folder of my sd card.
  • I placed the WIISXRX folder on the root of my sd card including bios

I changed WIISXRX.ini into the following:

[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/PS1.ogg
consolecoverid=Sony
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=PlayStation
displayname=PlayStation (WiiSXRX)
dolfile=apps/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol
filetypes=.cue|.img|.iso|.cdi
magic=53585258
romdir=wiisxrx/isos
rompartition=0

The original is:

[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/PS1.ogg
consolecoverid=Sony
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=PlayStation
displayname=PlayStation (WiiSXRX)
dolfile=PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol
filetypes=.bin|.img|.iso|.cdi
magic=53585258
romdir=wiisxrx/isos
rompartition=-1

• as you can see there is an extra "/" in the argument line which i copied from another plugin.ini (SDCARD ONLY plugin). i have actually no idea what it does xD
  • i changed the filepath to apps
  • the filetype change is a personal preference
  • i placed 1 game on the sd card and started WIISXRX successfully
  • i changed the rompartition back to hdd again

and for some magical reason it started working :)

Last edited by mcfry666,

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"WiiFlow Plugins Pack 2023 Extras" contains a folder named "Cover Art" which contains Dos game covers.
I figured out that "grimfandango.png" should be renamed to "Grim Fandango.rvn.png"
Secondly it should be moved to "usb:\wiiflow\boxcovers\ResidualVM" or "sd:\wiiflow\boxcovers\ResidualVM"
Maybe it's useful for someone :)

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I make use of retroarch plugin for PC-Engine emulation (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro_wii.dol), and i found that image is blurry, or some kind of filter applying. Do you now how to get pixel sharp ? It's default for all RA plugins ?
And also for same plugin coverbox layout are stuck in 4:3 format. I change in settings/save/but nothing change

Last edited by jul16ares,

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I make use of retroarch plugin for PC-Engine emulation (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro_wii.dol), and i found that image is blurry, or some kind of filter applying. Do you now how to get pixel sharp ? It's default for all RA plugins ?
And also for same plugin coverbox layout are stuck in 4:3 format. I change in settings/save/but nothing change
maybe check deflicker settings? do you use lcd or crt? how did you connect your wii? hdmi or component? are you running on 16:9 480p?

Last edited by mcfry666,

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe check deflicker settings? do you use lcd or crt? how did you connect your wii? hdmi or component? are you running on 16:9 480p?
Yep i realized, there missing some infos. My vWii is set to 480p through hdmi on lcd screen. looking for deflicker
Post automatically merged:

Set bilinear filtering off do the trick but i can't save the setting, And then i realized my ra setup conflicting somehow with my RA WiiU setup.
Do you face of the same ?

Last edited by jul16ares,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@jul16ares You need to save Core Overrides. After you disable Bilinear Filtering, remember to readjust aspect ratio.
OR...
If you have conflicts between mixed RA versions you can try my modded RA cores pack, that AUTOMATICALLY save ALL settings (yes, screen resolution too) SEPARATELY for each core when you exit. No RA conflicts any more!!!
You need to follow the instructions to install them. If you also follow the included tutorial, you can also achieve pixel perfect graphics and custom scanlines with each core. They aren't the most updated cores versions, but honestly they are the best thing in the world for me. No reason to update something that works perfectly.
So sad only a few people seemed to recognize their importance, but oh well...

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

drsecu77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update download 11-14-22 includes only plugins that have been updated since 10-13-22 V12 official release.

WiiStation - Add/Update.
How is everyone running all the multiple track wiistation/playstation titles? Wiistation says to open the cue file in cases where there are multi-track bin files. Plugin for wiiflow only picks the the .bin files. If you title has 15 bins the wiiflow addon plugin adds 15 titles. Do you delete the other 14 and just open track1? Does that typically work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 2 of them :angry:😡:angry: !