Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
How is everyone running all the multiple track wiistation/playstation titles? Wiistation says to open the cue file in cases where there are multi-track bin files. Plugin for wiiflow only picks the the .bin files. If you title has 15 bins the wiiflow addon plugin adds 15 titles. Do you delete the other 14 and just open track1? Does that typically work?
@drsecu77 i think an possible solution is opening the plugin .ini file and changing the files to read from .bin to .cue.

Dont know if @RunningSnakes, @matto21 or @cheloruiz79 have an idea about this.

PD: I updated my mod of WiiStation with CHD support to v0.0.4-test.

drsecu77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could really use help with wiistation inside the wiiflow add-ons.

I can run wiistation v2.4 stand alone fine, and with light gun games you need to select lightrec compiler, and pick a guncon/justifier and that works fine.

Wiistation within the Wiiflow addon package is not working for me with those games (have no controls), so I put in a non lightgun game. From there you can quit to get to wiistation settings. The wiistation version in the add on package does not have lightrec as an option. Readme file seems to indicate it may be wiistation v2. Release notes say it's version 2.4. What am I missing? thanks

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could really use help with wiistation inside the wiiflow add-ons.

I can run wiistation v2.4 stand alone fine, and with light gun games you need to select lightrec compiler, and pick a guncon/justifier and that works fine.

Wiistation within the Wiiflow addon package is not working for me with those games (have no controls), so I put in a non lightgun game. From there you can quit to get to wiistation settings. The wiistation version in the add on package does not have lightrec as an option. Readme file seems to indicate it may be wiistation v2. Release notes say it's version 2.4. What am I missing? thanks
The version included in the plugins pack is @SaulFabre 0.4 mod build with chd support. I only tested Crash Bash and Chessmaster 2000 in chd format and both are working without issues. Here are v0.5 and sauls latest lightrec build...

Attachments

• WiiStation 0.5.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • WiiStation lightrec.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

drsecu77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version included in the plugins pack is @SaulFabre 0.4 mod build with chd support. I only tested Crash Bash and Chessmaster 2000 in chd format and both are working without issues. Here are v0.5 and sauls latest lightrec build...
I tried both of these, separately. Redownloaded 6 games in chd while adding .chd to file type in configuration file and left some in .cue/.bin format. No controls work in regular or light gun games and the -+ to get to wiistation settings doesn't work. Is there a way to get to wiistation settings inside the add on version? I feel like I am missing something basic.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@drsecu77 have you tried deleting your old settingsRX2022.cfg file?
I was going to also suggest this.

With some of the previous WiiStation releases, a previous .cfg file was needed (pre-included) in the wiisxrx folder to allow WiiStation to boot through WFL.

This may not be the case anymore but the pre-included cfg may be causing this issue which was set up by me using SD to boot games.

Please try Saul's suggestion 1st, if you still are having issues, try replacing the cfg with this one...

Attachments

• settingsRX2022.zip
    390 bytes · Views: 23
Reactions: SaulFabre

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

With some of the previous WiiStation releases, a previous .cfg file was needed (pre-included) in the wiisxrx folder to allow WiiStation to boot through WFL.

This may not be the case anymore but the pre-included cfg may be causing this issue which was set up by me using SD to boot games.

Please try Saul's suggestion 1st, if you still are having issues, try replacing the cfg with this one...
If you start WiiStation via WFL you can't do anything
To create the .cfg file I started WiiStation from the homebrew channel
this only on the first boot once the .cfg file has been created everything works fine

Attachments

• 606d093d-b645-4714-9925-f7132a82a544.jpg
    606d093d-b645-4714-9925-f7132a82a544.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 24

drsecu77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will try deleting config file and report back, appreciate the help everyone!

So I guess the next question will be is there an issue with using Wiistation v2.4 from apps folder to make changes to the controller configurations, because those changes get saved to location that v0.5 looks at also. Not clear the difference between the .5 and Lightrec zips attached above. I had tried both but which one should I use? (Is the Lightrec one the just the .5 compiled with lightrec?).

Last edited by drsecu77,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will try deleting config file and report back, appreciate the help everyone!

So I guess the next question will be is there an issue with using Wiistation v2.4 from apps folder to make changes to the controller configurations, because those changes get saved to location that v0.5 looks at also. Not clear the difference between the .5 and Lightrec zips attached above. I had tried both but which one should I use? (Is the Lightrec one the just the .5 compiled with lightrec?).
I don't think there should be an issue if you make a change to the settings using either, both should use the same cfg i believe. Regarding which .dol to use (0.5 or Lightrec), i am not sure, not enough testing on my side to give an educated answer. At the moment, i have the Lightrec build installed, maybe @SaulFabre can give us more information regarding this.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I don't think there should be an issue if you make a change to the settings using either, both should use the same cfg i believe. Regarding which .dol to use (0.5 or Lightrec), i am not sure, not enough testing on my side to give an educated answer. At the moment, i have the Lightrec build installed, maybe @SaulFabre can give us more information regarding this.
There was a lot of changes in the handling of the .cfg files with the latest updates.

There are now options for enable/disable Dithering, use Lightgun and Multitaps, 240p, Interlaced, use the different filters, etc.
I guess that the old cfg files are making conflict with the new settings.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Where this one go ? I'm lost ;)

drsecu77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did try deleting the settingsRX2022.cfg and then I tried using the one posted. I could not get controls to work from inside wiiflow still. Wiistation v2.4 from apps folder works fine with either.

Then the weird thing I did entire build again from scratch twice and could not either wiistation to work, and from scratch with just wiistation v2.4, even redownloaded v2.4 and Lightrec doesn't show in in Wiistaiton v2.4 for me know. Was kind of lost and will start over this weekend.
Post automatically merged:

Just to update, I started over again on new wii this time and everything works. Comparing the files on both usb drives everything seems the same so unsure of problem. Thanks for help (going to get some sleep and test the other console tomorrow.

Ran through all light gun titles for PS1 on wiistation v2.4 with .bin vs .5/Lightrec plugin with .chd and everything works the same between the two. The games that work on one work on the other. Judge Dredd freezes in gameplay on both. Extreme Ghostbusters, JJ gunfighter, moorhuhn series, gun bare, have controls issues on both.

Last edited by drsecu77,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the way to update scummvm plugin ?
1. My first question would be why do you want/need to update?

2. Have you tested current stable ScummVM releases for Wii?, it is missing cursor support for many games, the most vital/important feature point &click games require. What is included in the plugins pack is the last stable version for the Wii.

3. There is a workaround patch the developers have been working on for the nightly 2.8.0 beta releases. I have tested several games the past week and while the patch does fix the missing cursor issue, the newer releases are still buggy and inferior to the included 2.2.0 nightly.

4. If you have tested the newer patched releases, what games are working now, that were not before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 2 of them :angry:😡 :angry: !