Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unless the filename is the same as in plugins_data/PS1/PS1.ini, the checksum over the CUE file should be of little use.
Yes, I forgot about that. I always edit my .bin/.cue files with the database titles, so they are recognized the same.
This is a severe limitation I know, but I didn't find a better workaround.
I also think the PS1 database should be revisioned: some multidisc games like Resident Evil 2 had both discs bootable and they should appear as separate entries in Wiiflow (Claire and Leon). So in this case you can rename the .bin .cue files but you have to renounce to the database info.
I also see that it misses the snapshots

Reactions: jul16ares

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, scummvm wii is still not in a perfect state. The main reason IMO is that people never actually tested the new versions. On the ScummVM forums I always read everything is ok, that's why nobody ever cared to fix anything... but people should realize that if a game is starting ok it doesn't mean it works. People just boot all the games they have, and exit at the screen title saying they work perfectly.
In fact, every new game I wanted to play (for example Blade Runner or Might & Magic 4+5) freezed or crashed within an hour of gameplay. Reporting the bugs didn't solve anything and I just gave up.

ukigh4ie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

did anyone try out RetroArch 1.16? Any improvements or degradations over 1.15?
Post automatically merged:

I also think the PS1 database should be revisioned:...
I also see that it misses the snapshots
Yes, I downloaded the snapshots via SkrapperUI.exe. The programm runs under Linux with Mono.

Last edited by ukigh4ie2,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

did anyone try out RetroArch 1.16? Any improvements or degradations over 1.15?
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I downloaded the snapshots via SkrapperUI.exe. The programm runs under Linux with Mono.
I did test RA 1.16.0., but not fully. Only focusing on cores that could really use improvements or have issues. Sega obviously, FCEUmm, GearBoy, Hatari, ScummVM, GearColeco, maybe a few others.

No improvement to speak of. Hatari does work but it is nowhere close to being useful, ScummVM black screen freeze just like Sega and Vice (C64).

Shout out to @ploggy and @SaulFabre for compiling the RA cores and making these cores useful, very appreciated and thank you. At least 5-6 of these emulator/cores are included in our plugins pack. Hopefully more to come...

We are blessed with so many excellent emulators on our old great Wii console. WFL should be used by everyone using the Wii in 2023.

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shout out to @ploggy and @SaulFabre for compiling the RA cores and making these cores useful, very appreciated and thank you. At least 5-6 of these emulator/cores are included in our plugins pack. Hopefully more to come...
So that mean those compiled cores are "modded" from originals wii cores ?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that mean those compiled cores are "modded" from originals wii cores ?
I don't think they are "modded" , only compiled by using a more reliable "earlier" method/devkit. I know @SaulFabre and @fledge68 can give better clarification.

In some cases, newer means improvements, unfortunately, in most cases regarding RA-Wii, newer means unstable or broken.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I don't think they are "modded" , only compiled by using a more reliable "earlier" method/devkit. I know @SaulFabre and @fledge68 can give better clarification.

In some cases, newer means improvements, unfortunately, in most cases regarding RA-Wii, newer means unstable or broken.
RA-HEXAeco is basically many RA Wii cores but compiled with a custom version of the old RA Wii 1.0.0.2 (i think?) and with an old devkitPPC/libOGC toolkit.

in the case of my custom extra unofficial RA Wii cores, i used RA Wii 1.15.0, but compiled with devkitPPC r29 and libOGC 1.8.16.

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
C'ant run WiiStation 240p plugin, it hang on the start of the game. Emu menu can still be reached.
What is the diference between WiiStation 240p and WiiStation with 240p activated option ?

Last edited by jul16ares,

JamilSmith84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow i fixed WIISXRX :D
  • I placed WIISXRX plugin folder into the "/apps" folder of my sd card.
  • I placed the WIISXRX folder on the root of my sd card including bios

I changed WIISXRX.ini into the following:

[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/PS1.ogg
consolecoverid=Sony
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=PlayStation
displayname=PlayStation (WiiSXRX)
dolfile=apps/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol
filetypes=.cue|.img|.iso|.cdi
magic=53585258
romdir=wiisxrx/isos
rompartition=0

The original is:

[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/PS1.ogg
consolecoverid=Sony
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=PlayStation
displayname=PlayStation (WiiSXRX)
dolfile=PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol
filetypes=.bin|.img|.iso|.cdi
magic=53585258
romdir=wiisxrx/isos
rompartition=-1

• as you can see there is an extra "/" in the argument line which i copied from another plugin.ini (SDCARD ONLY plugin). i have actually no idea what it does xD
  • i changed the filepath to apps
  • the filetype change is a personal preference
  • i placed 1 game on the sd card and started WIISXRX successfully
  • i changed the rompartition back to hdd again

and for some magical reason it started working :)
did you figure out where to put the box art, im lost?

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
did you figure out where to put the box art, im lost?
usb:\ or sd:\ wiiflow\boxcovers\PlayStation if you are referring to ps1 covers

You can use fuzzy renameEXT to rename cover images to a similar name referring to the roms.

CrashBandicootv1.png will become Crashbandicoot.png

FuzzyRenameEXT (WiiFlow Friendly!)

With bulk rename utility you can add file extension at the end of the file
Bulk Rename Utility

for example:

Crashbandicoot.png will become crashbandicoot.cue.png

After you added all covers: hit "Reload Cache" on wiiflow

Be sure that the png name has to be similar to the rom name

Crashbandicoot.cue needs Crashbandicoot.cue.png

If for some reason you made a mistake, you can delete cache images in:
usb:\ or sd:\ wiiflow\cache\PlayStation

Last edited by mcfry666,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We are blessed with so many excellent emulators on our old great Wii console. WFL should be used by everyone using the Wii in 2023.
Or the WiiU... even it's on the vwii, it's very nice peace of software, I'm feeling that I'll never get money and time to collect games, but opfully there is wiiflow ! WiiU RA is nice too but WFL have more than serious pros.
Thanks to devs, and everyone envolved

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone explain me amstrad GX4000 (console) and amstrad cpc (retro computers). There are around 27 games officially released for the GX4000, but apparently there are 600 roms converted to .cpr which start automatically? Are these amstrad cpc roms converted to GX4000? So the difference is that amstrad cpc requires a keyboard, and amstrad gx4000 official roms and converted roms can start automatic. So for that reason they are in the console section. I just want to double check if this is true xD

Edit:
After some research i found out that's the case :) (sorry for asking :P it was hard to find). However i can't seem to autostart the cpr files with "Amstrad GX4000 (Retroarch)". So far i only found in "core options" -> "advanced > autorun" however this didn't seem succesful. Did anyone have any luck autostarting these cpr files?

Edit 2:
Core options -> Model and select 6128+
Restart retroarch
it autoboots now :)

Last edited by mcfry666,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yea I'm sure, Windows security refused to let me download it and i turned it off to download it. Scanned it and said there was a trojan in it. And no i didn't read the previous page.
If your read the last page of this thread you will learn what the error is because the file is rarely downloaded NO FOR VIRUS OR TROJAN, this is the result of scanning today the file recently downloaded>
1700843790960.png

and virustotal result:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...3ZGVkNjMxMTEzNzRkMDU1NWY2MWU6MTcwMDg0Mzc1NA==

1700843937981.png

SO, NO VIRUS, TROJAN or similar found on the file

1700844096864.png

the error is: it could harm your device but this is not the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy