Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

Jmandawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could never get some NeoGeo games to run thru RA-HEXAECO when booted via WiiFlow. I ended up just popping the ROMS into a different folder and used vanilla RetroArch to boot them.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping this would be a single front end solution, but i guess it's better to just use the stand alone HEXAECO for neogeo games. The Hex neogeo core does work surprisingly great with overlay support.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Simply, Use the RA core when you have issues with certain games. This Is the Very reason this plugin pack exists. Without being a jerk, you as the user, need to figure out simple solutions for simple issues.

I cannot fix compatibility, i only try to make available what emulators/cores work well in my testing, which is limited sometimes.

When i see issues posted of various emulators/cores, 99% of the time, the user has failed to correctly set things up.
Post automatically merged:

I think at this time, i will step aside and give the reigns back to @Tetsuo Shima going forward. He has become more involved and i believe my contributions are not needed.

I hope i have done a sufficient job of maintaining the pack and improving some.
I totally understand your feelings, Runningsnakes! I think you did an excellent job mantaining, updating and improving the plugins pack in many ways. I believe not many people do realize the amount of work it requires and thank you enough. Installation also requires some knowledge from the users.
Even for me, with each update I did, the following days so many people were always reporting crashes, bugs, broken compatibility etc. And the pack was smaller.
Sometimes these issues were my fault, sometimes the user's fault (who didn't read instructions). Other times I couldn't even reproduce the issues... after so many hours of work it's frustrating!
I'm still unfamiliar with some emulators (expecially older systems) and I have zero attraction with some of them, like pcfx, pokemini or thomson mo/to computers, so that doesn't help.

The plugins pack is so vast, so complex, it's impossible for one people alone to have control over everything.
I think that the best possible solution could be team work. RA and Hexaeco alone can drive one people crazy!
I won't resume to work on it, I have no more the same amount of time I had before. The only thing I can do is to work on very small projects.
I could try to add some new plugin, whenever something interesting comes out, or work on a RA "lite" version (with no alts or problematic cores, mixing RA and Hexaeco cores if needed).

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima

I will continue to update the pack periodically if/when needed. I enjoy helping out the community but yes it is very frustrating reading over again, certain things are not working, when i know for a fact they are working. I feel like many people have no interest in reading instructions or are not responsible enough to track down the root of their issues.

I actually attempted a lite version of the plugins pack (V8-V9). It was just more work with more mistakes trying to maintain 2 separate packs. So i decided the best solution was to include all emulators, but only those that have high performance with features other emulators/cores possessed. This is why Hexaeco Lynx, 2600, Prboom etc. were removed, they all perform good enough but lack Save/Load feature others have.

Thank you for your response and i hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

Jmandawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree great work both of you. You have pushed the wii far beyond the limits I thought possible. You have breathed new life into my Wii. Now instead of sitting in my closet collecting dust, I am actually using it again. Thank you both for doing this amazing work. Hope everyone has a happy be year!

Reactions: RunningSnakes

GoofyOldGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DANGER - DANGER - DANGER - DANGER - DANGER
The PLUGIN PACK files posted in this forum are laced with RANSOMEWARE.

Multiple files have been flagged when using virustotal (see image):

Screenshot 2022-12-31 151229.png

I also check the files using BitDefender virus/malware protection and this ALSO flagged the files.

Screenshot 2022-12-31 154556.png

GoofyOldGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think their holding your Wii for ransom?
NO. But If you unzip the files and install (or click on) one of the infected .exe files, then you'll install the trojan on your PC.

I think the person who uploaded the WiiFlow+Light+Plugins+Pack should remove them and fix the issue. Unless of course, they want to infect many computers with the trojans.

Once the infected PC is rebooted the user will be met with a message saying that all their computer data is encrypted and they won't have access unless they pay a ransom.

Last edited by GoofyOldGuy,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO. But If you unzip the files and install (or click on) one of the infected .exe files, then you'll install the trojan on your PC.

I think the person who uploaded the WiiFlow+Light+Plugins+Pack should remove them and fix the issue. Unless of course, they want to infect many computers with the trojans.

Once the infected PC is rebooted the user will be met with a message saying that all their computer data is encrypted and they won't have access unless they pay a ransom.
1. There are only 2 .exe files in the entire pack, which are public domain.

2. This is for use on the Wii/vWii, not your PC! I have installed both to my PC with no issues. Maybe your PC anti-virus is no good or your PC was already infected. Any scenario, these games were NOT included for your PC enjoyment!

3. It seems you went out of your way to register on this site to be a fool with your comments.

It really makes me believe there are people out there jamming Genesis cartridges into Super Nintendo consoles and wondering why they don't start!!!

GoofyOldGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice comment. This doesn't solve the issue that someone may click on one of those INFECTED files on their PC and get screwed by the fact that some MORON is propagating Malicious Ransomware around the internet. Maybe that was you? That would explain your defensiveness of something that is VERY serious.

I'm just saying whoever is posting the files should fix the issue.

BTW. I know these files are for the Wii platform but that doesn't mean someone else might inadvertently spread ransomware

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
DANGER - DANGER - DANGER - DANGER - DANGER
The PLUGIN PACK files posted in this forum are laced with RANSOMEWARE.

Multiple files have been flagged when using virustotal (see image):

View attachment 345272

I also check the files using BitDefender virus/malware protection and this ALSO flagged the files.

View attachment 345273
this is a hoax and false positive, please stop spreading false news.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GoofyOldGuy

Hmmm. You have been a member of the forum for 1 day and have managed to call me a Moron, and now persist to spark BS.

As stated, simply refrain from using the plugins pack. It is free to use for those who want the most out of thier classic Wii/WiiU.

Looking at your profile, at your age. One would think calling people names on a forum would not happen and a little bit of common sense would exist. People skills are at a premium.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over 10,000 downloads since i have been hosting the plugins pack. Thank you to all that continue to contribute to the Quest that @Tetsuo Shima started.

I need to give special recognition to @matto21 who has helped me in many ways. A very intelligent man which i cannot thank enough.

@fledge68
Thank you sir, for dialing in WFL.

@Wiimpathy
The legend of the Wii scene.

@Tetsuo Shima
Phenomenal in every way.

@cheloruiz79
My friend who is smart and helpful.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Over 10,000 downloads since i have been hosting the plugins pack. Thank you to all that continue to contribute to the Quest that @Tetsuo Shima started.

I need to give special recognition to @matto21 who has helped me in many ways. A very intelligent man which i cannot thank enough.

@fledge68
Thank you sir, for dialing in WFL.

@Wiimpathy
The legend of the Wii scene.

@Tetsuo Shima
Phenomenal in every way.

@cheloruiz79
My friend who is smart and helpful.
New year - new snapshots
My thanks go to
@fledge68
@RunningSnakes
@Wiimpathy
@Tetsuo Shima
@cheloruiz79
for making WFL a masterpiece
The only sore point is that if you use atari800_libretro_wii.dol it doesn't support saving

pankos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
New year - new snapshots
My thanks go to
@fledge68
@RunningSnakes
@Wiimpathy
@Tetsuo Shima
@cheloruiz79
for making WFL a masterpiece
The only sore point is that if you use atari800_libretro_wii.dol it doesn't support saving

What I liked about installation shown in video, is that CPS 1,2,3 are separated so no need to select/deselect specific plugin if I want to browse games only for one platform. I would also want to have additional subcategory for console generation so consoles would be further grouped according to when they actually existed and competed on the market. I understand that (probably) it is possible to do it in @Tetsuo Shima theme by editing configuration files, but it is way too complex for my brains. Anyway many thanks and huge respect for all authors/contributors of this pack.

pankos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What is the proper way to add disk images and covers for PSX? At the moment PSX emulator supports only bin/cue format for multitrack disks and Tomb Raider has about 60 tracks... Are folders supported for bin/cue images? How to avoid multiple instances of the same game appearing in wiiflow? And how to edit cover names? I wish chd support would be added at some point as has been done with SegaCD.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pankos ...and anyone else who needs a solution for multiple .bin file games.

Go to page 18 of this thread to find video link for tutorial. Below, i have uploaded CDmage to create 1 bin/cue, and CHDMAN if you want to compress bin/cue to CHD for supported emulators.

Sega GX, RA Sega GX, Hexaeco Sega GX all support CHD for Sega CD.

RA PCE Fast, RA PCE SGFX both support CHD for PCECD/TurboDuo games.

This is what i used for multiple bin files for Sega CD. I converted them all to CHD files afterwards, which is not necessary but does save HD space. Had to dig up the post, it was on the main WFL thread.:)

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/cdmage-chdman-zip.212930/

Attachments

• CDmage - CHDMAN.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c