The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry to be a bummer - but due to the nature of this leak we cannot allow video and photos of the game to be uploaded to GBAtemp at this time as they would be subject to DMCA

We hope you understand

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there any cheats out yet? lol didn't see anything in the search, but also aware its new as hek
the game leaked earlier today, and many people are just now getting it running - that will take time :lol:

Reactions: Solipund

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly have nintendo been doing for these 6 long years?

Not perfecting its own hardware to run this next over hyped pile of shit, fact it still has the same issues as the original is a joke, lets hope it doesn't come with that BS seal of quality logo.

That logo should read, well done, your a dumbass for paying this stupid price for a sequel to a game that had fuck all to start with, now here is the content you should have had, but we couldn't be arsed.

But its fucking hilarious that emulators run nintendos first party titles better than nintendo can LOL!!!!

Remind me fanboys, why nintendo should even bother releasing games consoles anymore, well might as well add games too, same shit recycled over and over.

No doubt its 6 year delay could be their next over priced inferior hardware console is to be announced soon, well, its going to need something before devs ignore it even more as they push forward.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not perfecting its own hardware to run this next over hyped pile of shit, fact it still has the same issues as the original is a joke, lets hope it doesn't come with that BS seal of quality logo.

That logo should read, well done, your a dumbass for paying this stupid price for a sequel to a game that had fuck all to start with, now here is the content you should have had, but we couldn't be arsed.

But its fucking hilarious that emulators run nintendos first party titles better than nintendo can LOL!!!!

Remind me fanboys, why nintendo should even bother releasing games consoles anymore, well might as well add games too, same shit recycled over and over.

No doubt its 6 year delay could be their next over priced inferior hardware console is to be announced soon, well, its going to need something before devs ignore it even more as they push forward.
First thing is, BOTW got nearly perfect reviews across the board so it's silly to say the original game was a pile of shit

Second thing is while emulators do run other switch games better than real hardware, they are actually running this game very poorly currently

Third thing is - did you even play the game lol? Because it's silly to say it sucks when just about no one has put much time into it yet including yourself

Solipund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo likes to milk the heck out of remakes and push hardware development back further and further. Im not sure if they're going for one console every 8 years or so. But given their history of failed consoles... Im sure they've been working on a new one for awhile now. To make sure its perfected ? idk these are just my assumptions

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man WTF with Nintendo and his "digital security"? I mean Nintendo fight against piracy but more tries to get out of the sand more sink it...
They make more suing people, tho I would love to know how much of the £14.5m theyre raping bowser for, actually goes back into the pockets of third parties, who are the real victims.

Nintendo haven't released anything new as such for thr switch, all lazy wii u and older ports, third parties porting the titles nintendo lacked first time round.

Ohh wait, no, sorry, its nintendo here, all they care about is bragging how its consoles print money, or just sue every fucker.

Id be surprised if they dont target these emulators and blame them for loss of sales, yet it should be an easy argument to kick Nintendo up the arse and counter when its own hardware cant run its own games properly, yet emulators fix these issues, because these people actually give a fuck.

Reactions: Mike_77712

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They make more suing people, tho I would love to know how much of the £14.5m theyre raping bowser for, actually goes back into the pockets of third parties, who are the real victims.

Nintendo haven't released anything new as such for thr switch, all lazy wii u and older ports, third parties porting the titles nintendo lacked first time round.

Ohh wait, no, sorry, its nintendo here, all they care about is bragging how its consoles print money, or just sue every fucker.

Id be surprised if they dont target these emulators and blame them for loss of sales, yet it should be an easy argument to kick Nintendo up the arse and counter when its own hardware cant run its own games properly, yet emulators fix these issues, because these people actually give a fuck.
If you think they will ever even see 1 million from Mr Bowser you are silly, he already said he was gonna leave continental NA first chance he gets - and will likely never pay anything. Those settlements are more about sending messages

Nintendo hasn't released anything new for switch? So what is Mario Odyssey to you?

As before Yuzu can't even launch this game

• Haha
Reactions: Ligeia

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is doing the right thing to not lock the game by requiring an internet connection to use a game card. It is smart to not let paying customer suffer just to hurt pirates. Hurting users ( pirates or not ) will never do them any good.

So until game card is history there will always be this leak for popular title. Early just means the game is popular.

I bet a good portion of people who download the leak actually have a copy pre-ordered. They bother to download is a statement of love to Nintendo, that is how much they love what Nintendo make, so much love that they can’t wait for another two weeks.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is doing the right thing to not lock the game by requiring an internet connection to use a game card. It is smart to not let paying customer suffer just to hurt pirates. Hurting users ( pirates or not ) will never do them any good.

So until game card is history there will always be this leak for popular title. Early just means the game is popular.

I bet a good portion of people who download the leak actually have a copy pre-ordered. They bother to download is a statement of love to Nintendo, that is how much they love what Nintendo make, so much love that they can wait for another two weeks.
Preordered my copy a few weeks back

I’m just excited to experience the game sooner rather than later. Especially with the new destiny season starting soon

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game runs at 20fps with Ryujinx on both Windows and Mac. With the 60fps cheat, you do get 60fps but only in the dungeon at the beginning. It hovers at 40fps later in the game. It's playable but not a good experience. At least better than Mario and Rabbid's game which has graphical glitches everywhere. It's a commendable testimony regarding Ryujinx - especially for the Mac version which haven't been updated for a long time but can still run this game.

Yuzu doesn't work at all, even with the latest early access - v.3540. Eventually Yuzu will run it well, as always - the problem now is booting the game with key issues.

I recommend those who have pre-ordered the game to wait, you will have a better experience.

Edit: Don't use the 60fps mod - while you get higher fps, the game is very laggy - like slow motion, almost unplayable. Disabled it and you get a solid 30fps (if you have a good enough PC).

Last edited by Nincompoopdo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?