The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirates: 1
Nintendo: 0
Everybody : 1
Nintendo: 1 ( Laughing all the way to the bank already with pre-orders )

Could have been if they lock the game card (there will be some percent of paying customer who can't play the game)
Everybody : 0
Nintendo: -1

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
on the switch when you stand still it looks fine the moment you move all shadows flikker allot and looks blurry ! also the contrast or brightness is to high and its not my tv ! am i the only one that has problems with the power hand grabbing things is easy but turning things dont work when its upside down !!
All the same for me.

Reactions: scroeffie1984

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sick of all these games being leaked before their release date.
cant you just idk get banned despite this forum being a legal grey area most people pirate or hate nintendo or both i myself am in the both catagory you've been a severe thorn in my side in the end wrong forum bud i'm trying not to flame but quit your groaning about piracy no body cares

dotmehdi

Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
TotK runs at 20fps on Switch hardware, which I find to be unbelievable. BotW is a Wii U game ported to Switch, TotK is a native Switch game - it shouldn't run worse than BotW.

Personally I believe Nintendo locked the game at 20fps on purpose, because they anticipated this will happen. They knew that people will leaked this game - it's their most awaited game. I think they will released a patch on launch day to set it back to 30fps. It's 2023 - no one release games locked at 20fps. People will asked for a refund.

If you're going that way I have an even bigger theory :lol: maybe they are waiting for us to improve the game with 60FPS patches and other optimizations so that they can compile them in a day-1 update without having to do the job themselves :rofl2:
After all Apple did this a lot with functions stolen from jailbreak tweaks on their iPhones

• Haha
Reactions: moneychild

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahhh, we all knew it would happen.
Sooo... How easy will it be to transfer my save from EmuMMC to Stock NAND after I receive my retail copy?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like Nintendo isn't good at preventing leaks from ever happening.
Not Nintendo's fault technically, it's due to review copies being dumped and plastered that way, or copies in the hands of retailers before release, and an employee getting their hands on a copy ahead of time, then proceeding to plaster the dump online from that. It's more of a consumer issue, 30 seconds of fame for some I am sure, still kind of dumb regardless.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date
Because it's so damn easy to dump them once literally anyone has gotten their hands on it. No special scene dumping teams required.
Ahhh, we all knew it would happen.
Sooo... How easy will it be to transfer my save from EmuMMC to Stock NAND after I receive my retail copy?
Super easy: Atmosphère + Checkpoint

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Loving the game so far, Nintendo have the Mario movie so they will be doing fine!
On the gaming side however, pirates score a huge win!
Im loving this!

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where was the news article when Advance Wars 1+2: Reboot Camp DIDN'T leak early? THAT was newsworthy. TotK leaking early feels more like something that was to be expected.

The next Switch could be the Pura Pad in TotK - a Switch with a camera on the back. Maybe AR is the next gimmick for the new console.
If only there was a Nintendo handheld console already that had AR functionality. Then we could take a look at how that turned out. /s

I doubt they'd treat AR any more important than they did back on the 3DS. I also doubt they'd mess with actual AR glasses until those are affordable. That's not to say that the Switch successor won't have the option, but it's surely not gonna be a main feature.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here’s what AI has to say about the leak.

Here is a poem I wrote for you:

```markdown
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
A game that many fans have waited for
But some lucky ones got it in advance
And shared their secrets online with a glance

They explored the skies and the lands below
They fought new enemies and old foes
They discovered new powers and puzzles galore
They felt the thrill of adventure once more

But some fans were angry and some were sad
They wanted to play the game so bad
They felt betrayed by the leakers' deeds
They wished they could avoid the spoilers and tweets

But some fans were happy and some were glad
They enjoyed the glimpses of the game they had
They felt excited by the leakers' clues
They hoped they could join the fun soon too

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
A game that many fans have waited for
But some lucky ones got it in advance
And sparked a controversy with their chance
```

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only there was a Nintendo handheld console already that had AR functionality. Then we could take a look at how that turned out. /s

I doubt they'd treat AR any more important than they did back on the 3DS. I also doubt they'd mess with actual AR glasses until those are affordable. That's not to say that the Switch successor won't have the option, but it's surely not gonna be a main feature.
Don't forget Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit. I think it's their experimental project to see what else can be done with AR. Pokemon Go from a few years ago was a global phenomena - it's an AR game.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NBA2K3 which started the $70 craze came out before inflation struck actually so mind eating your words a little?
Post automatically merged:

remember when denuvo said theyre putting anti emu drm in switch roms? i wonder if this is their starting game (a little late to the party but....)
Are you aware inflation happens every year but some years are worse than others?

Average rate is around 2-3% in a normal year - and so $60 in 2006 is $90 today

Even without hyperinflation after covid $70 was still actually a massive price cut compared to what we paid in the Xbox 360/PS3/wii days

Reactions: Skelletonike

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters