The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how will they overcharge people for collectors editions than? :lol:
Soundtrack downloads, digital art books, wallpapers...
Post automatically merged:

It's using the same engine as BotW, so emulators should have no problem running it. Nintendo is going to be mad.
Ryujinx is already confirmed working, and Yuzu will be adding support too.

HyperFoxStudios64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Handheld or Docked, and using the 30fps mod or just running base? :0

I've crashed twice and it seems to be random criteria, once leaving a temple and the other by the device tutorial :unsure:
It's possible

but there is probably a way to get a work around somehow I think so :unsure:

Reactions: RenDG

galaicy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get the game running on switch natively and i have it usb loaded via tinfoil but when i open the game it just says "checking information" and then "error occurred" every single time. ive reinstalled 5 times, yet it still isnt going through. any thoughts?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Handheld or Docked, and using the 30fps mod or just running base? :0

I've crashed twice and it seems to be random criteria, once leaving a temple and the other by the device tutorial :unsure:
Docked no mods at all just as it is
Vulcan graphics settings i didn't chnage anything at all just played it! Looking forward to playing more after work

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the first pre rendered cutscene run smooth on your console? For me the audio and video do not sync
I was just about to ask about that. I found it goes into “boost mode” and knocks the GPU down to 76mhz. I’m not sure if it’s due to me also running overlay plugins with it. Might be fixed with a day one patch?

Aripegio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting some interesting boxy shadows and crackling audio on ryujinx 1.1.743, but haven't seen much mention of it. Just my hardware, or some settings I haven't fiddled with properly?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've noticed FPS drop in proximity of river, guess nintendo has always released the game on obsolete hardware?!

btw i found this 60fps patch on youtube, atm I don't have v2 switch or a gaming pc, so plz could anyone try these patches?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish every Nintendo game would leak early. Still mad they started charging for online play.
i'M more mad how they treat fan game devs like shit (wouldn't be supprised if they steal plots from the Pokemon games they C&Dd) I mean sega is ok to an extent of fans making games from their( IPs mainly sonic) their even known to hire fan devs like with Sonic Mania thats the way the game industry should be using fan games to test out new talent not dragging devs through the mud and kicking them while they're down so this (and every 1st party leak is a good old 1 finger salute to them for treating those with Passion and talent likreuther kong shit even manga artist are looking for people to take under their wing cause they know, that life can be unexpectedly cut short rip Kazuki Takahashi you brought joy to my life as a duelist)

Nofirstnolast747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaahhh Switched from OpenGL to Vulkan and got through the last story mode cutscene! Onwards!!

I was like Look at Link all spiffy dressed, with CLOTHES and a SWORD at the start for a change. Feels great not to be naked for a change.

Story intro ends:

DAMMIT!

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game runs pretty good on Ryujinx (I can get a stable 30 fps on my pc at least). There are occasional crashes but if you save often it's not a big deal. I only have two issues so far, both graphical: one minor and one major. The minor is the kind of "checkerboard" pattern you get on some textures, mostly rocks. I don't love this but it's easy enough to ignore. What's hard to ignore is the whole underground area basically not being rendered visually. It is essentially a bunch of stuff floating in a void, with no floor, wall or ceiling textures. It's technically completable but it looks and feels awful to do. I have no idea what updates Ryujinx would need to do to fix this and since the game doesn't run on Yuzu yet there's no way to know if they would do it better. It's my only real complaint so far.

Reactions: RenDG

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
All it takes is a Reddit search:rofl2:

There was a fake leak and a real leak. The fake nsp file, which you are thinking of was a troll, but it actually contained random other files in it, such as a Link's Crossbow Training Rom. A real leak just happened, likely from one of the copies given to influencers/reviewers.
Yeah LMAO the -2U site- had to put a big sorry statement on their website. And every time you clicked on it the site redirected you to the Sorry statement instead. Before that the site was completely down as if was getting DDOS attacked lol. Too many Zelda fans I guess.

It’s running great for me on a V1 Switch, save for the stuttering in the cutscene near the start and a few tiny FPS drops here and there
Ummm ALL Switch consoles are equal. And I mean every Switch model share the same specs(CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) including the Switch Lite. So there shouldn't be a performance difference between any of the models. The difference is between Docked and Handheld Modes. Because the Switch itself cut the performance to save battery. And that apply to all Switch models except the Switch Lite because that one its always in Handheld Mode for obvious reasons.

So idk why people are trying to compare Switch V1 performance with V2 or the OLED. Since theyre all the same.

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,
Reactions: xoINARIox

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Stock NAND is clean, so I don't plan to run Homebrew like Checkpoint. I guess I will have to go the more complicated route: HacDiskMount
That's the alternative.
However if you only boot your sysNAND with Atmosphère and only run Checkpoint to inject your save, you should be fine. I take no responsibility of course but I did this twice in the past and haven't been banned. I took my emuNAND saves of Mario Maker 2 and Diablo 3 to the sysNAND that way, so I can play online and it worked.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For me it runs about the same as on real hardware. Granted I'm running it at 4K, so considering that, it's an improvement.

There is a hard FPS cap of 30 for now until somebody makes a 60 FPS cheat, and most of the time it runs more like 22 FPS. A 60 FPS hack should hopefully improve that though.

There are some minor graphical glitches with Vulkan in Ryujinx and i had a couple crashes. Possibly OpenGL works better, since it's supposed to be more stable.

Somebody told me Ryujinx works better for this game, so I haven't tried Yuzu.

All in all very playable but the crashes are quite annoying.

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For me it runs about the same as on real hardware. Granted I'm running it at 4K, so considering that, it's an improvement.

There is a hard FPS cap of 30 for now until somebody makes a 60 FPS cheat, and most of the time it runs more like 22 FPS. A 60 FPS hack should hopefully improve that though.

There are some minor graphical glitches with Vulkan in Ryujinx and i had a couple crashes. Possibly OpenGL works better, since it's supposed to be more stable.

All in all very playable but the crashes are quite annoying.

I've only got the steam deck and i can't be bothered to set it up or mess around with the settings

However it's crashed a few times for myself today in real hardware also. Fatal errors causing a full system reboot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)