0huxlcpl4y571.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I saw a bunch of comments on this one, it seems it's not really true. The left image just looks like someone who kept subdividing the polygons in Blender which is just a two click thing, increases the amount of polygons by a whole lot.

And apparently there was another older joke where people said 2B's butt had more polygons than the whole of Ocarina of Time, which is also very false. The reality is Young Link's polygons is just 1/3rd of that. So yeah, all of this is exaggerated a ton, the more you know. :P
Philosophical question: do 2D games have one polygon, or zero?

Reactions: rimoJO and Jiehfeng

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I saw a bunch of comments on this one, it seems it's not really true. The left image just looks like someone who kept subdividing the polygons in Blender which is just a two click thing, increases the amount of polygons by a whole lot.

And apparently there was another older joke where people said 2B's butt had more polygons than the whole of Ocarina of Time, which is also very false. The reality is Young Link's polygons is just 1/3rd of that. So yeah, all of this is exaggerated a ton, the more you know. :P

I am pretty sure this is just a joke referencing an old joke and not meant to be taken seriously. Sounds like you are really into looking at polygonal butts though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Philosophical question: do 2D games have one polygon, or zero?

Depends on how it's rendered. Games like Gungeon have multiple polygons, games like Super Mario Brothers don't have any.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I am pretty sure this is just a joke referencing an old joke and not meant to be taken seriously. Sounds like you are really into looking at polygonal butts though.

No it isn't, I've seen the OP of where this was posted. And funny, but no, I was just saying the same thing all the comments were saying in that post. Whatever though. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.