The Meta Quest 2 VR headset will be getting a $100 price hike next month

djnkasmkrskl;f.png

Many consider the Meta Quest 2 to be an affordable, entry-level VR headset, but customers might change their minds about that, because Meta is instituting a price increase on the Quest 2. The baseline 128GB model normally retails for $299.99, and the 256GB version is $399.99, but "starting in August", the price will go up by $100, bringing both models to $399.99 and $499.99, respectively. Meta's reasoning behind the change is to "help invest for the long term, and keep driving the VR industry forward", with prices also increasing on refurbished models and even Quest 2 accessories. Those that purchase a headset following the price hike will be given a copy of Beat Saber for free.

:arrow: Source

tranceology3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the Quest 2 and it was so dang uncomfortable. No thanks.

Still using my CV1... wish it wasn't Facebook though. I don't regret it, but I hate their grubby info stealing hands getting all over VR.
You need the battery weight on the back. It makes the quest way more comfortable.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bummer! I'm torn because I have a quest 1, but didn't buy a quest 2 because of requiring an FB account. I was thinking of buying a Q2 now that a "meta" account is inevitable for me anyway, but I also haven't played my quest in a while, in part because the main game I played, pavlov, basically doesn't launch on a q1 anymore. Bit of a sticky matter to be sure.

Maybe I should dig it up again..but then I don't have that much time for games lately anyway...difficult situation for sure!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool