The new voice actor for Mario has been revealed

mario.png

With the departure of Charles Martinet from the job of voicing Mario, Nintendo fans were highly curious as to who would take over the role. Initially revealed by a Tweet from the voice actor, and then confirmed by Nintendo themselves, the new voice of Mario and Luigi has been announced to be Kevin Afghani. In leaked early copies of Super Mario Bros. Wonder, he's listed in the credits as well. He's a voice actor known for voicing Arnold in Genshin Impact, while also providing his voice for a fan-made Dragon Ball animation. Previously, he's also done voiceover work in Nintendo Switch commercials and Nintendo Direct videos.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Hopefully he improves his Mario voice because what was in the trailer certainly needs a "patch."
From what I've played of the game so far it didn't improve. The pitch of his Mario voice is just too high, on the other hand (maybe in part due to that) his Luigi voice is far better, they should have kept him as Luigi and hired someone else to do Mario.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
From what I've played of the game so far it didn't improve. The pitch of his Mario voice is just too high, on the other hand (maybe in part due to that) his Luigi voice is far better, they should have kept him as Luigi and hired someone else to do Mario.
you played the game trough the leak didnt you?

• Wow
Reactions: RaynorBlackwood
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people care too much. Charles Martinet will forever be THE voice of Mario in my heart, but I understand why they'd want him to step down. I'd prefer that he step down to whatever "Mario Ambassador" will be while he's still healthy. This new voice isn't bad, but yes of course it'll be different. Some people were complaining that the new VA didn't have much of a portfolio, which I think is the dumbest argument around this whole thing. Charles himself didn't have many stand-out roles before Mario, and he literally showed up last second. People gotta build their portfolios somehow, and mindsets like that are exactly why we end up with random celebs doing voicework instead of much more capable (but less well-known) voice actors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please, walk into my patented vape chamber