The Pokemon Company says the recent Pokemon Home support announcement was a mistake

fjisdofsd.png

On Thursday, The Pokemon Company announced that six months after Scarlet and Violet's launch, Pokemon Home support would finally be added to the games on May 24th. That, however, was quickly walked back, because the official Pokemon Twitter account sent out an apology, claiming that Pokemon Home v3.0.0 still does not have an exact release date. The update is now "coming soon", with more information to arrive at a later date.

:arrow: Source

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be upset if pokemon scarlet and violet were worth playing

But as it stands, why would anyone even be interested in transferring Pokemon from that game to Pokemon home? It implies someone both played the game and enjoyed it

Reactions: Xzi

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I would be upset if pokemon scarlet and violet were worth playing

But as it stands, why would anyone even be interested in transferring Pokemon from that game to Pokemon home? It implies someone both played the game and enjoyed it
People who bought the games?

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who bought the games?
If you had the misfortune to have bought scarlet/violet, it doesn't mean you would still play it once you realized how bad it was

My buddy bought both versions and beat neither

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you had the misfortune to have bought scarlet/violet, it doesn't mean you would still play it once you realized how bad it was

My buddy bought both versions and beat neither
I have plenty of games I didn't beat. That doesn't mean that the games are bad. But I get your point.

Reactions: x65943

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m convinced they only have one or two unpaid interns working on this update
Basically. Home is developed by ILCA which is actually a small studio. I'm pretty sure the team that worked on BDSP was like 8-10 people. So I can totally see one or two people developing it.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've heard that HOME would start removing transfer-only moves, from SV onwards...if that's true, then what's the fucking point of transferring old Pokemon forwards?

All those event-only moves, moves only learnable through old move tutors or TMs - all seemingly gone now. Fuck long-time fans, right? Who cares about the special shiny Rash Raikou received in Gen 4, with Aura Sphere? Screw all those fans who received Spacial Rend/Roar of Time Darkrai, or Blaze Kick/Shift Gear/Extreme Speed shiny Genesect.
All those Water-types who could learn Scald in Gens 5-8? Let's remove that entirely!

Fuck you, Game Freak. This has lost all appeal for long-time fans.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Likely they have been trying to bioengineer a real mewtwo and the prototype is working on the update.
Would explain where all their money goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a