Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The slenderman of the internet...
Momo is a story used by parents to scare childrens about the danger of internet
Im not too sure though, do parents know it's fake?
Anyway, the story behind the Momo challenge is kinda creepy
The challenge was to find a specific phone number on internet to contact Momo
Then, the entity known as Momo starts a conversation with you
But later, Momo starts to ask you to do dangerous stuff, threatening you to harm your family and friends if you don't do it
Apparently, hackers behind Momo will send you stuff they know about you
Such as where you live and photoshopped pictures of your friend covered of wounds or hanging themselves
Medias around the world report suicides related to Momo challenge
But other medias report that those are fake news...

Aiso, the creator of the sculpture called Mother Bird, that inspired Momo, said that the sculpture has degraded due to aging, and has been disposed...

Source

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There be worse things out and about than Momo.

Atleast I can now see it in full never seen the rest always zoomed in pics , never even knew it had feet lol used to think it just a head.

Last edited by CORE,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The whole thing was a stupid hoax, by people sharing it on social media, it only made it worse. Glad that abortive mask was destroyed.
As I said in the OP, Momo is the slenderman of the internet
A story to scare childrens
However, I doubt parents know it's fake...

AshenWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There are kids who died because of it in the Philippines. The parents checked the device's history after their son died and it all has the keyword momo or suicide. He's 8-9 years old if I remember correctly.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The whole thing was a stupid hoax, by people sharing it on social media, it only made it worse. Glad that abortive mask was destroyed.
You are glad a creation was retroactively destroyed because completely random individuals made a fake prank on a small scale which then got hyperboosted by false mainstream information circulation that is itself detached from either of the previous 2 parties

interesting response to the event

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can still remember chain e-mails from ye olde days of ye internet about some eyeless bogeyman that would kill you if you didn't mail it to 10 of your friends.

Back when the internet was mostly text and Windows XP was new..

It's another dumb hoax indeed, give it another 10 years and it has fallen into obscurity like shoop da whoop and other dumb internet phenomena.

Last edited by DinohScene, , Reason: Grammatical error :'D

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are kids who died because of it in the Philippines. The parents checked the device's history after their son died and it all has the keyword momo or suicide. He's 8-9 years old if I remember correctly.
I rarely say it, but yea, @DinohScene is right
Momo is the monster under the bed of the Internet
A story to scare children
The only problem with this one though, is that parent still think it's true

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last thing I heard concerning momo is that someone was inserting clips of momo into kids youtube videos and this momo was telling children to harm /kill themselves and or family members.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...nt-fear-momo-they-should-fear-how-little-they
Either way, I know google is sposed to have an "algorithm" to filter out harmful content like that but it does not work very well if at all. Truth be known, I don't think google gives a shit about filtering out the harmful content. They are too concerned about silencing any point of view that doesn't mirror their own. It's truly shameful that they slap the word kids on a platform and pretend it's sposed to be kid friendly when nothing could be further from the truth.
That's why we DO NOT allow our children to watch the garbage they spew out. If they do watch anything on yt or yt kids, it is only under direct adult supervision.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last thing I heard concerning momo is that someone was inserting clips of momo into kids youtube videos and this momo was telling children to harm /kill themselves and or family members.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...nt-fear-momo-they-should-fear-how-little-they
Either way, I know google is sposed to have an "algorithm" to filter out harmful content like that but it does not work very well if at all. Truth be known, I don't think google gives a shit about filtering out the harmful content. They are too concerned about silencing any point of view that doesn't mirror their own. It's truly shameful that they slap the word kids on a platform and pretend it's sposed to be kid friendly when nothing could be further from the truth.
That's why we DO NOT allow our children to watch the garbage they spew out. If they do watch anything on yt or yt kids, it is only under direct adult supervision.
It was found out that the story of the videos was fake and made up by the media for their own gain.

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude meetme (a sumewhat dating site some sicko im'd me with a pic of momo now i'm old enough to knoe not to harm myself but still
Sounds like that sicko on meetme decided to hitch a ride on the whole momo thing to try and freak people out but even if what AmandaRose says is true, that the media started this for it's own gain, what would they stand to gain? Readership? Also, what about the various hometown papers who claim it is real?
A man named Ron Hain from St Charles, Illinois? He's the sheriff of Kane County. He said he experienced it first hand when his son received one such video.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...-sheriff-momo-hoax-warning-st-0306-story.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1