• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
why you're afraid to China, China is peaceful country not like US, they help the worlds gain affordable goods/tools
China is the biggest threat to the rest of the world, both militarily and economically, and the fact that we’re even mildly distracted by limp Russia is a mental hiccup from the days of the Cold War.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
China is the biggest threat to the rest of the world, both militarily and economically, and the fact that we’re even mildly distracted by limp Russia is a mental hiccup from the days of the Cold War.
I agree that China is a massive threat, but only because they've usurped the US as kings of capitalism, and their surveillance police state is already far more dystopian than our own. They're slowly buying out every other country from within in an attempt to gain even more global influence than their endless population of consumers and wage slaves already affords them.

In the short term, they're far more likely to play it cool in the and at least postpone attacking Taiwan for some time after seeing what happened with Russia's invasion of Ukraine. In the long term they're probably looking to control the corporations that control our politicians/government. Guess we can thank Nixon and Citizen's United for that.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I agree that China is a massive threat, but only because they've usurped the US as kings of capitalism, and their surveillance police state is already far more dystopian than our own. They're slowly buying out every other country from within in an attempt to gain even more global influence than their endless population of consumers and wage slaves already affords them.

In the short term, they're far more likely to play it cool in the and at least postpone attacking Taiwan for some time after seeing what happened with Russia's invasion of Ukraine. In the long term they're probably looking to control the corporations that control our politicians/government. Guess we can thank Nixon and Citizen's United for that.
I believe that in a weird way and for weird reasons, the biggest threat for both US and China is their own internal stability. Pressure in opposite directions, one for more democracy and other for less, but both with potential world changing effects.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

China has a territorial dispute on just about every side of its borders, it’s fully capable of blockading the South China Sea and paralysingly trade on a global scale, it controls the gross majority of production of luxury goods of all sorts and could grind the world economy to a halt on a whim *and* it’s the world’s top grain producer to boot, along with other food items. Moreover, their military technology is both modern and developing, not just on the ground, in the skies or on sea, but also in terms of cyber warfare. They also happen to be a modern country with *actual* concentration camps. Modern China is about as close as you can get to an equivalent of pre-war Nazi Germany, with the glorious leader cult et all. They’re playing along with the rest of the world because it’s convenient - there’s still a lot of growth that can be achieved if they continue on this path. The one thing that’s holding back China’s aspirations is a strong United States on the other side of the pond. The threat level of Russia compared to China is like comparing a Chihuaha to a Pitbull - the Pitbull might be well-behaved at any given time, but they have the nasty propensity to snap, and once they snap, they’ve snapped. This is a genie you can’t really shove back into a bottle once it’s out. Decades of outsourcing just about everything to China is not too dissimilar from a convict weaving the rope they’ll eventually be hanged with. Sorry to sound grim, I simply recognise a threat when I see one.
China doesn't need to be a threat, we should have space for several world powers.
There’s no room for superpowers with concentration camps, among other gross violations of human rights.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
  • Angry
Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cute. How are women’s rights doing in China? Oh wait, China has a forced sterilisation policy in an effort to “control the population” (i.e. genocide a race), my bad. Circus-level take, pick your battles better.

I was developing my answer further, but now I understand you're immature and I don't want to discuss with you.

• Haha

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you hate china so much why you buy goods/tool manufactured by china

your processor amd/intel are made from china
your graphics card are made from china
your gaming console are made from china
your iphone / smartphone are made from china
even your underwear and toilet papers are made from china

you'll be naked if you didn't use Chinese goods

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Well, with the current heat wave to be naked doesn't sound bad at all.

• Haha

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

The dystopian communist dictatorship defense brigade is in, everybody listen about how participating in global trade somehow outweighs or otherwise diminishes genocide in China.

If you want a more nuanced argument, let’s not forget that the Chinese government stacks the game against any foreign competitors via aggressive subsidies and currency manipulation, ensuring its own market dominance. The western world was taking a 3-4 decade long nap diminishing its own domestic production capabilities under the mistaken impression that by dealing with the “bad guys” like Russia and China they’ll somehow turn them into modern democracies. Now half of the world is reliant on Russian energy and Chinese manufacturing, and that’s somehow my fault and not the government’s. It’s not even the fault of the Chinese or the Russians either - they don’t have a say. They’re simply governed by horrific governments that can both get bent.

You two have put yourself in the position of defending a genocidal, totalitarian dictatorship - you took the L before the exchange even started. Comparing the minor gripes people have in the western world with constant violations of basic human rights in China is a standard misinformation strategy - it’s nothing more than whataboutism. Chinese diplomats can trick their western counterparts with that spiel, but it doesn’t work against me. You’re both bringing up inconsequential nonsense because you have no justification for government-sponsored genocide, which is what this is. Say it how it is - the Chinese government was afraid of the rapid population growth of its minority populations and chose to forcibly deploy “contraceptive measures” against the ones they found “undesirable”. You can admit it and save face, or you can try (and fail) to deflect, underlining the fact that you’re both apologists.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Say it how it is - the Chinese government was afraid of the rapid population growth and chose to forcibly deploy “contraceptive measures” against the minorities they found “undesirable”. You can admit it and save face, or you can try (and fail) to deflect, underlining the fact that you’re both apologists.
I do not support (nor defend) the one-child policy (because I am not Chinese nor a European colonialist), however, it was done to prevent overpopulation.
Overpopulation leads to starvation or mass exodus or war.
The one-child policy has not been in place for minorities like the Uyghurs. What kind of genocide is it if you supress the numbers of the minority but not that of the Uyghurs and other minorities.
You can admit that you were wrong and save face...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do not support (nor defend) the one-child policy (because I am not Chinese nor a European colonialist), however, it was done to prevent overpopulation.
Overpopulation leads to starvation or mass exodus or war.
The one-child policy has not been in place for minorities like the Uyghurs. What kind of genocide is it if you supress the numbers of the minority but not that of the Uyghurs and other minorities.
You can admit that you were wrong and save face...
The one-child policy is no longer in place, it ended in 2015. More specifically, it was gradually phased out by raising the limit and as of 2021 no child limit or any associated penalties exist. My face is safe and sound. Y’all gonna lose Social Credit by the wheelbarrow if you keep engaging, this isn’t an argument you can win. You’re just trying to shift the conversation from the subject of genocide to the subject of the (now irrelevant) one-child policy which is completely unrelated. Hit and a miss.

EDIT: Upon further investigation some further clarification is needed. The three-child *policy* is still part of law, but there are no penalties for going over the limit, so for all intents and purposes it exists in name only. As I stated earlier, there is *no three child limit* that would imply legal ramifications if exceeded, see posts below for details, courtesy of the Chinese government itself.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The one-child policy is no longer in place, it ended in 2015. More specifically, it was gradually phased out by raising the limit and as of 2021 no child limit or any associated penalties exist. My face is safe and sound. Y’all gonna lose Social Credit by the wheelbarrow if you keep engaging, this isn’t an argument you can win. You’re just trying to shift the conversation from the subject of genocide to the subject of the (now irrelevant) one-child policy which is completely unrelated. Hit and a miss.
Do you know what genocide means? The mass killings of a certain people, i.e. their genes or preventing their genes from procreating.
If the Chinese government tried to mass kill Uyghurs, provide evidence.
If the Chinese government tried to limit the numbers of Uyghurs, why was the one-child policy not in place for them?

The one-child policy is not a different topic. It disproves your claim.
The two-child policy has been in place since 2015. It also did not affect Uyghurs.
The three-child policy is currently in place and also does not affect Uyghurs.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Overpopulation may trigger the end of the world that is why one child/2 is a must be adopted to the rest of country

oh you're right in order to control the population us gov and most of european country had been legalled same sex marriage which is absurd and according to the holy bible it is a sinful act

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Once i read somewhere:
"every day we stray further from god's light."
it's hardly to judge the outcome of this conflics since it still haven't reached the end yet, but i can be sure that you guys have already strayed far from what we started

from The situation in Ukraine... to china's 1-2-3 children policy.​

just to add a little bit of my personal opinions,
“contraceptive measures” against the ones they found “undesirable”.
those news are one filtered by wester mass media, preposely created just feed you though their own political anti-China agenda, in order to mindwash citizens then gain support and votes. It's been years the western world accuses China about "uighur cleanse" but untill now no significant evidence was shown, if you have any plz I'm dying to read it.

Last edited by leon315,

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Once i read somewhere:
"every day we stray further from god's light."
it's hardly to judge the outcome of this conflics since it still haven't reached the end yet, but i can be sure that you guys have already strayed far from what we started

from The situation in Ukraine... to china's 1-2-3 children policy.​

just to add a little bit of my personal opinions,

those news are one filtered by wester mass media, preposely created just feed you though their own political anti-China agenda, in order to mindwash citizens then gain support and votes. It's been years the western world accuses China about "uighur cleanse" but untill now no significant evidence was shown, if you have any plz I'm dying to read it.
it just hoax made by US imperialist to cover it's bioweapon research facility

this covid is bio war, it always mutated and forced us to used a vaccine made by us Govt and a booster that make us like a computer that always updated it's anti virus, no?

the answer to control the population

Last edited by KuntilanakMerah,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you know what genocide means? The mass killings of a certain people, i.e. their genes or preventing their genes from procreating.
If the Chinese government tried to mass kill Uyghurs, provide evidence.
If the Chinese government tried to limit the numbers of Uyghurs, why was the one-child policy not in place for them?

The one-child policy is not a different topic. It disproves your claim.
The two-child policy has been in place since 2015. It also did not affect Uyghurs.
The three-child policy is currently in place and also does not affect Uyghurs.
What’s there to prove? There’s approx. 1 million detainees in China’s “internment camps”, they’re forcibly sterilised and used for unpaid labour. I didn’t say that mass killings of Uyghurs are taking place - you said that to deflect. I said that a genocide is taking place, and it is - they’re ethnically cleansing the country by removing people’s ability to have children, with force, and often permanently. You’re wrong about the one-child policy, period - it is no longer in effect. It “disproves” nothing. The three-child limit you’re referring to was lifted as of July 2021. You’re uninformed and stacking those L’s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-child_policy

The Uyghur population is controlled via a completely different set of “policies”, further underlining the fact that they’re treated like sub-humans.

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you said is true why US and Europe Country didn't take action on china like they do in ukraine

it just hoax made by biden to raise his electability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1