• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jezz 152 without the Russian stock market open .. Russia will take years to recover...

everyone with Crypto becareful.... im sure their will been plenty of Russian agency doing scams to the Crypto space , which will bring governmentally oversight

8283FAA2-DE1B-4CFA-A6FD-AE5B8FEB3531.jpeg

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that was quick.. the world is smelling Russian blood

Don’t be Surprised If Chechen starts acting up..

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The adverb literally means "actually," and we use it when we want others to know we're serious, not exaggerating or being metaphorical.

So he didn't literally destroy oil plants, your article just says he isn't opening any new ones.
That's bullshit. But I wouldn't be surprised if you suddenly make out a fact from a dictionary definition when in fact the point originally was something else.

Point:
Why is he buying Russian Oil then? Because of some WEF / WHO / United Nations advice?

1)
Proceeds to halt USA Oil plants

2)
USA's Oil price being suddenly struck by high prices, which are turning right now into inflation.

Last edited by Coto,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Theirs nothing in the law (quickly read a summary of it) that prohibits Russian. It's just in government and official language. It's Ukranian. If you don't like it, why not just... you know, move to Russia?
All Ukrainian citizens speak Russian but not all of them speak Ukrainian. The Russian language is considered the standard, much like standard German in Austria/Switzerland or Mandarin Chinese in China (incl. Taiwan and Hong Kong). If during the time of British rule, Hong Kong had declared Chinese as an unwelcome language, it would have been considered an aggression.

At the border of empires (that´s what Ukraine means btw: borderland), people often rebel to create their own state, see the American revolution or the American Civil War. Imagine if in the American Civil War, the South would have tried to join an adversarial military alliance. If you want war within your new state, you do stupid stuff like this (or banning official dominant languages).

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Ukrainian citizens speak Russian but not all of them speak Ukrainian. T
....lol and...Ukrianian has the Right as a Sovern nation to do what the fuck it want.. and Using the language thats named after is what they want ...

by your logic, I support an INDIAN take over to implentment Cantonese as the office Chinese language

Reactions: pustal

blakeana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
All Ukrainian citizens speak Russian but not all of them speak Ukrainian. The Russian language is considered the standard, much like standard German in Austria/Switzerland or Mandarin Chinese in China (incl. Taiwan and Hong Kong). If during the time of British rule, Hong Kong had declared Chinese as an unwelcome language, it would have been considered an aggression.

At the border of empires (that´s what Ukraine means btw: borderland), people often rebel to create their own state, see the American revolution or the American Civil War. Imagine if in the American Civil War, the South would have tried to join an adversarial military alliance. If you want war within your new state, you do stupid stuff like this (or banning official dominant languages).
first, what the fuck are you talking about. Ukrainian is more widely used than Russian (the latter being used on the east of the country.

second, how can you be so wrong and not admit the several mistakes of your *singular* post? the mandarin Chinese you love to bring up actually differs in mainland PRC China and Taiwan and HK. every native will tell you so.
dialects, ever heard of them? sure, it might be the same language, but the vocab used will differ. hell, even Mandarin in PRC China itself is not consistent (northern vs southern)

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
but invading a country that does not belong to Russia in any way.
Last time I checked, Iraq and Syria do not belong to the US in any way, yet the US military has invaded those countries and is still there. Do you support sanctions against the US, hypocrite?

In contrast, Ukraine was part of the Russian Empire, the Russian-led Soviet Union and consists of millions of Russians. So "not belong to Russia in any way" is a childish Western individualist analysis.
Even Germany is linked to Turkey in a way. Its territory has never been Turkish (unlike Ukraine having been Russian), but there are millions of Turks in Germany. Even there, antagonizing them would be a stupid idea - unless Germany wants conflict with Turkey.
Ukraine wanted conflict with Russia and now it got it. The West encouraged it and now just watches on the sidelines. The West is like a feminist encouraging a Turkish wife to go to the disco and get drunk. Yet when her husband beats her, the feminist just watches the beating. Very immoral in my view. Either you mean it or you don´t put her (the woman or here: Ukraine) in danger.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
£1 = 203.26 Russian Ruble

LOOOOOOOL

if you have £5,000 you a millionaire in Russia

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Russian woman here i cum
Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are watching the Collapse of a Superpower in Realtime...
the only question remains is if China allows Russia to reman whole or breaks into pieces

Last edited by djpannda,

blakeana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
Last time I checked, Iraq and Syria do not belong to the US in any way, yet the US military has invaded those countries and is still there. Do you support sanctions against the US, hypocrite?

In contrast, Ukraine was part of the Russian Empire, the Russian-led Soviet Union and consists of millions of Russians. So "not belong to Russia in any way" is a childish Western individualist analysis.
Even Germany is linked to Turkey in a way. Its territory has never been Turkish (unlike Ukraine having been Russian), but there are millions of Turks in Germany. Even there, antagonizing them would be a stupid idea - unless Germany wants conflict with Turkey.
Ukraine wanted conflict with Russia and now it got it. The West encouraged it and now just watches on the sidelines. The West is like a feminist encouraging a Turkish wife to go to the disco and get drunk. Yet when her husband beats her, the feminist just watches the beating. Very immoral in my view. Either you mean it or you don´t put her (the woman or here: Ukraine) in danger.
scrimblo bimbo was part of peepee poopoo since the bigbang, therefore scrimblo bimbo will never be able to be its own thing

^^^ that's how ridiculous you sound. history means shit belongs to past, not to present or future. if Ukraine decided to be its own state, then they are welcome to do so and history has nothing to do with current state of reality. attempts to "take back" Ukraine back is nothing but an invasion of a sovereign state.

no matter how hard you believe in your scrimblo bimbos being part of peepee poopoo, what matters more is what is NOW. you're pushing a putin narrative with taking away Ukraine's right to be sovereign because "they historically were part of a RU state"

Reactions: Coto

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ukraine wanted conflict with Russia and now it got it. The West encouraged it and now just watches on the sidelines
Ukraine never wanted any conflict with Russia, your mistake. For years Ukraine tried to distance itself from Russia and its shenanigans.

No wonder why many of the Post-Soviet republics joined NATO after 91...

Reactions: blakeana

blakeana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
Ukraine never wanted any conflict with Russia, your mistake. For years Ukraine tried to distance itself from Russia and its shenanigans.

No wonder why many of the Post-Soviet republics joined NATO after 91...
arguing with this dude gives me severe brain damage ngl, dude doesn't even get the basics right

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I´m dealing with children here.

For your information, I view the invasion as a colossal mistake, but this level of discourse is unbelievably low. Just to sum up a few points:

-Yes, Chinese Mandarin differs in different parts of China. There are dialects. Similarly, Ukrainian is a dialect of Russian. My Russian is very poor and even I can understand the gist of what Zelensky is saying.
-History matters. Only a victim of Western individualism would think otherwise. When the Ukrainian president says Slava Ukraini, he envokes history. Without history, countries are just big shopping malls.
-My logic regarding Ukraine and Russia still stands. It has nothing to do with India. What the hell...
-Having 5000 British Pounds last year would have made you half as rich as today. A USD millionaire is different from New Taiwanese Dollar millionaire, for example. We are all millionaires with regards to certain currencies. If you want affordable Russian women, you need to go to Ukraine. In fact, it has been attacting Westerners for many years. If the West wanted to help Ukraine, they would have helped its economy and infrastructure, instead of trying to wreck it with exports the Ukrainian market cannot compete with (and inviting it into the single market, which would have excluded it from the Russian one).

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,
Reactions: Dark Ronin

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

For your information, I view the invasion as a colossal mistake, but this level of discourse is unbelievably low. Just to sum up a few points:

-Yes, Chinese Mandarin differs in different parts of China. There are dialects. Similarly, Ukrainian is a dialect of Russian. My Russian is very poor and even I can understand the gist of what Zelensky is saying.
-History matters. Only a victim of Western individualism would think otherwise. When the Ukrainian president says Slava Ukraini, he envokes history. Without history, countries are just big shopping malls.
-My logic regarding Ukraine and Russia still stands. It has nothing to do with India. What the hell...
-Having 5000 British Pounds last year would have made you half as rich as today. A USD millionaire is different from New Taiwanese Dollar millionaire, for example. We are all millionaires with regards to certain currencies.

let me explain it like this child.

Russia = Japan.

Ukraine = China

if Japan wants land it once had occupation off. is War okay?

blakeana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland

-Having 5000 British Pounds last year would have made you half as rich as today. A USD millionaire is different from New Taiwanese Dollar millionaire, for example. We are all millionaires with regards to certain currencies.
i beg you to never speak on linguistics ever again because whatever you're trying to make out of this salad is an insult to this discipline of science. please just stop on behalf of all linguists of the world.
languages of the same family obviously will be similar. are you now saying Polish is also a dialect of Russian? is Czech a dialect of Slovak?
you know, i don't speak neither Ukrainian nor Russian but i also understand parts of what is Zelensky saying. does that mean Ukrainian is a dialect of any of the languages i speak? no.

for your pathetic history argument, just because Ukraine was a part of Russian state in any way or shape, does not fucking justify the invasion.

but keep pushing the Putinesque narrative, it looks cool on such a clown as you.

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i beg you to never speak on linguistics ever again because whatever you're trying to make out of this salad is an insult to this discipline of science. please just stop on behalf of all linguists of the world.
languages of the same family obviously will be similar. are you now saying Polish is also a dialect of Russian? is Czech a dialect of Slovak?
you know, i don't speak neither Ukrainian nor Russian but i also understand parts of what is Zelensky saying. does that mean Ukrainian is a dialect of any of the languages i speak? no.

for your pathetic history argument, just because Ukraine was a part of Russian state in any way or shape, does not fucking justify the invasion.

but keep pushing the Putinesque narrative, it looks cool on such a clown as you.
Being the devil's advocate here, he might not be that off.

Alexander M. Schenker. 1993. "Proto-Slavonic," The Slavonic Languages. (Routledge). Pp. 60–121. Pg. 60: "[The] distinction between dialect and language being blurred, there can be no unanimity on this issue in all instances..."

C.F. Voegelin and F.M. Voegelin. 1977. Classification and Index of the World's Languages (Elsevier). Pg. 311, "In terms of immediate mutual intelligibility, the East Slavic zone is a single language."

Bernard Comrie. 1981. The Languages of the Soviet Union (Cambridge). Pg. 145–146: "The three East Slavonic languages are very close to one another, with very high rates of mutual intelligibility...The separation of Russian, Ukrainian, and Belorussian as distinct languages is relatively recent...Many Ukrainians in fact speak a mixture of Ukrainian and Russian, finding it difficult to keep the two languages apart...

This is from wikipedia. While I'm not a linguist (and I don't intend to research it further), despite knowing that Ukrainian is a language, it, along Russian, Bielorusian, are derived from Old East Slavic. Neat fact by the way.

Source

Reactions: Zajumino

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
All Cantonese-speaking people understand Mandarin Chinese.
All Ukrainians understand Russian. 2/3 speak it natively. Fighting a language war is stupid. Unless you are willing to antagonize large numbers of your citizens and your number one trading partner. That´s exactly what Zelensky and the Maidan radicals have done.

I am not justifying it. I am explaining it. Put Russian missiles on Cuba, say bye-bye to the world. That´s not a justification of US aggression against Cuba.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Ukrainians understand Russian. 2/3 speak it natively. Fighting a language war is stupid. Unless you are willing to antagonize large numbers of your citizens and your number one trading partner. That´s exactly what Zelensky and the Maidan radicals have done.

I am not justifying it. I am explaining it. Put Russian missiles on Cuba, say bye-bye to the world. That´s not a justification of US aggression against Cuba.

oh look what I was reading

China Is Forcing Its Biggest Cantonese-Speaking Region To Speak Mandarin

I for one Welcomes Indian Forces liberating Cantonese China

blakeana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
Being the devil's advocate here, he might not be that off.

Alexander M. Schenker. 1993. "Proto-Slavonic," The Slavonic Languages. (Routledge). Pp. 60–121. Pg. 60: "[The] distinction between dialect and language being blurred, there can be no unanimity on this issue in all instances..."

C.F. Voegelin and F.M. Voegelin. 1977. Classification and Index of the World's Languages (Elsevier). Pg. 311, "In terms of immediate mutual intelligibility, the East Slavic zone is a single language."

Bernard Comrie. 1981. The Languages of the Soviet Union (Cambridge). Pg. 145–146: "The three East Slavonic languages are very close to one another, with very high rates of mutual intelligibility...The separation of Russian, Ukrainian, and Belorussian as distinct languages is relatively recent...Many Ukrainians in fact speak a mixture of Ukrainian and Russian, finding it difficult to keep the two languages apart...

This is from wikipedia. While I'm not a linguist (and I don't intend to research it further), despite knowing that Ukrainian is a language, it, along Russian, Bielorusian, are derived from Old East Slavic. Neat fact by the way.

Source
no way, languages can have a common origin language
what other words of wisdom you got for me?
being bilingual is not a justification to invade someone. again you're defending this putinade with all your pussy out like that.

are you now implying russia was ever a victim there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1