The Story behind the Name

Xeijin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Dunno if there's already one of these threads knocking about, but I'll start!

Xeijin also the name of the domain I purchased for the website that still hasn't come into fruition!

A very good japanese friend of mine gave me the name. He informs me that after watching 'Hikaru no Go' (anime about 'Go' I think) the word 'Meijin' (master) cropped up, he suggested it to me but since meijin.org/.com was already taken, and the translation was a bit lame, I swapped the 'm' for an 'x' while creating a completely new word in the process
smile.gif

Yes I guess that was a bit dull, then tell me yours!

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Started with a browser game. Needed a handle, typed out a few keys, came up with ajak. If you know me, you'll easily find the connection from ajak to phoood.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing Greece in Rome Total War and they ambushed a party of Spartans that were going to Athens to toughen up the garrison. There was this one Spartan left after the brutal rebel attack.... and thats how my name came about guys.

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
The legend of chalupa...

Back in the day when I was first starting middle school, my brother went to school and was nicknamed burrito (due to hispanic origin) so when I went I needed a nickname to follow the "Family legacy" of food nicknames. I went through Taco, Encharito, and Tortilla till the day some genius thought of Chalupa and the name stuck for all of middle school and still lives on for high school. Chalupa my user name on almost everything is Chalupa now since more people know me by that then my real name.

longish post.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I chose my moniker because I consider myself to be pretty good with words, especially when it comes to the ladies. With the things that I say, I can bind you to me, or I can say just enough to hang myself.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
J- John
P-Patrick
H-Hansen
ElevenTwoHundred...is just there

(derived 3 years ago when I signed up for yahoo mail)

Or it can be...Juicy Penis Head

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
2cb2ct7... unsurprisingly from two of my favourite psychedelics 2C-B and 2C-T-7.

The 2C refers to a common phenylethylamine skeleton, the B to the element bromine and the T to the element sulfur (ie, a thio-derivative, as many sulfur compounds are named) and the 7 because this was the 7th in a series of thio-derivatives created by Dr Shulgin.

Actually already had a few emails from random individuals about the name
smile.gif
I was surprised that anyone on a video gaming forum would know of some of the more exotic psychedelics.

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently people around me thought I had a very short temper in college. So I got the nickname Angry Jason. Shortened that to sirAnger for forums and on IRC. I don't know what they were smoking though, I'm a very laid back guy.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I was younger I was done for drink-driving, although at the time I wasn't actually driving only sitting next to my younger brother who was a learner driver. (Don't judge!
tongue.gif
He was a better driver than me and we had just been to the footy)

Then my mates decided they were going to setup a garage hiphop band, they suckered my into joining and dubbed me MC DUI, due to the drink-driving incident and the fact that I only ever rapped with them when I was trashed! Hence rapping under the influence.

The name has stuck, despite the fact that I only ever did a couple of tracks with them.

You can hear their other songs here -
http://www.mp3.com.au/album.asp?id=8040

I think they are actually quite good, and funny to boot.

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well mine is Magus from CT, yes I know it's not creative and shit, but that was my nickname for a long time before on IRC. I also have another nick I use on some forums, Xelotath which comes from Xel'lotath an Ancient in Eternal Darkness. The 19 at the end of Magus19 is just my birthday... because Magus was taken back then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea my monitors are definitely more than 3.9 feet away from my pc tower. But not like I'm gonna...