'The Super Mario Bros. Movie' reportedly broadcasted on Argentine TV channel

mario movie.jpg

The Super Mario Bros. Movie is still airing in theatres only and breaking box office records, with no official streaming or broadcast release... except if you live in Argentina. As reported by The Games Spoof, Argentinian TV channel GenTV apparently aired the full movie, in good quality and in Spanish dub a week after its theatrical release. Snippets of the broadcast have been shared on Twitter and YouTube:

As GenTV likely infringed Copyright laws, there might be further actions taken against the TV channel.

:arrow: SOURCE

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surely handling this sort of thing would be Illumination's business far more than Nintendo's?

In any case it's hard to believe this is the first time something like this has happened.
No, it will be Nintendo because that's the only company most of the people here know. :P

Personally, I would think Universal Pictures would go after GenTV since they are the distributor of this movie.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
I am a British man. i know the English language very well. I have full control of it. I find it very funny an Argentine trying to correct me by being a grammar Nazi. we won the war against Nazi in 1945. we will win it against grammar Nazi in the internet too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratlines_(World_War_II)#:~:text=Argentine connection,-See also: Juan&text=The final period of German,and other fascists from Europe.
You're probably British and not English. I am. There's a distinction if you know what I mean. "Wives" is the proper way to say it. It wasn't meant as an insult. Why take it personally and have a breakdown? Is invoking Nazis your normal go to? So unnecessary.

Who said I am argentine? Also, I bet you are a form of extraction British. The way you're reacting is not very "us". You're doing that thing "British" people do to prove their "Britishness".

Be humble, be calm, carry on.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, here piracy is pretty much normal, you have stores selling ripped DVDs movies and PS2/Wii games, I'm not really surprised.
(And that's why we have those low prices on the digital games store, companies know that if they don't lower their prices, we will pirate everything lol)

Although, I don't know what channel GenTV is, I don't even have cable lmao

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The inflation rate in Argentina is now over 100% in the last 12 months - basically everything has more than double in price in that country. Their government is probably giving them a fun free movie to forget about all the problems.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Argentina invaded poor island of falklands to try and steal all the resources, then cheated in the world cup with the hand of goal which then went on to win the world cup, then brought all the refs in the Qatar World Cup to win that World Cup.

But this is crossing a line like no other. Poor poor Nintendo how will they recover from this?

As a British man i fear for world peace will come to an end because of Argentina.

WHEN WILL IT STOP!
was the "Hand of god" and beside the Argentinians everyone heated that move.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am a British man. i know the English language very well. I have full control of it. I find it very funny an Argentine trying to correct me by being a grammar Nazi. we won the war against Nazi in 1945. we will win it against grammar Nazi in the internet too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratlines_(World_War_II)#:~:text=Argentine connection,-See also: Juan&text=The final period of German,and other fascists from Europe.
What does this all have to do with Super Mario. Did Mario fought with the Koopas in WWII?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I came to make a comment on Nintendo probably going to sue them really hard, but honestly, now I'm just staying for Flame's posts 😂

• Angry
Reactions: Flame

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A rip of this tagged as 'bluray" hit torrent sites today. Just had a quick peek at it and it's definitely not a cam copy.

edit

Actually, it might be a cam (only viewed it windowed), but it's pretty good if it is. It's got a logo that pops up in the bottom left corner - "LatinomegaHD.net". And apparently the audio is cam quality (I'm at work, so I've got the audio off).

Last edited by duwen,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The.Super.Mario.Bros.Movie.2023.1080p._.Dual.Audio.X264.Will1869

Apparently it has the first credits scene but not the final post credits scene which is only a few seconds

It might be from the TC that I've seen mention of. Apparently the first actual telecine in years. (This means using a special machine to digitise one frame at a time from the actual film strip)

Edit: I could believe this is the TC, the video is pretty good and really doesn't look like a cam. The English audio might be cam or line, it's not horrible but it's not crisp. Might wait to see if we get matched subtitles for this copy, as we watch with subtitles anyway.

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: SylverReZ

musashiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The.Super.Mario.Bros.Movie.2023.1080p._.Dual.Audio.X264.Will1869

Apparently it has the first credits scene but not the final post credits scene which is only a few seconds

It might be from the TC that I've seen mention of. Apparently the first actual telecine in years. (This means using a special machine to digitise one frame at a time from the actual film strip)

Edit: I could believe this is the TC, the video is pretty good and really doesn't look like a cam. The English audio might be cam or line, it's not horrible but it's not crisp. Might wait to see if we get matched subtitles for this copy, as we watch with subtitles anyway.

I just watched this version today and it came with subs, the quality is not that bad and the story was OK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.