Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

Myst3ry_MAN-08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this may already exist but something that can make the wii u think a connected controller is a gamepad, like a switch pro controller or something

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
this may already exist but something that can make the wii u think a connected controller is a gamepad, like a switch pro controller or something
Thanks @GaryOderNichts, I advice you Bloopair ^^. I don't test it because I like the Wii U GamePad (that why I often ask to have the Wii U GamePad for Yabause on vWii T. T).

Attachments

• IMG20240210143426.jpg
    IMG20240210143426.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG20240210143501.jpg
    IMG20240210143501.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 19

Myst3ry_MAN-08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks @GaryOderNichts, I advice you Bloopair ^^. I don't test it because I like the Wii U GamePad (that why I often ask to have the Wii U GamePad for Yabause on vWii T. T).
bloopair cant emulate the gamepad, it just makes the console think whatever Bluetooth controller you connect to it is a wii pro controller, not the gamepad(don't quote me on this software makes no sense). Unless I'm a idiot and there's a feature that can do it

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
something that can make the wii u think a connected controller is a gamepad
https://hb-app.store/wiiu/hidtovpad (IIRC there's also an Aroma version but would have to search for the link. At best ask on Aroma Discord in case you need it). Note that this works for USB controllers only through, not for bluetooth ones.

//EDIT:
this software makes no sense
From a developer PoV it makes a lot of sense as it's really simple to just tell the driver the connected controller is a Pro controller and do some simple button mapping. A Pro controller is a bluetooth controller, too, after all. The gamepad on the other side is connected through 5 GHz WiFi, so you would need to hack into two drivers and things would get way more complicated, adding input lag in the worst case.
Also most people want to use bluetooth controllers for games only and navigate the menu with the gamepad, so don't say such things just because it doesn't fit your usecase. There's a big, happy and thankful userbase and saying such things is just discrespectful to the developer while you're at the same time using a lot of their software on your Wii U (it's almost impossible to have a hacked console without software written by Gary these days).

Last edited by V10lator,
  • Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Myst3ry_MAN-08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://hb-app.store/wiiu/hidtovpad (IIRC there's also an Aroma version but would have to search for the link. At best ask on Aroma Discord in case you need it). Note that this works for USB controllers only through, not for bluetooth ones.

//EDIT:

From a developer PoV it makes a lot of sense as it's really simple to just tell the driver the connected controller is a Pro controller and do some simple button mapping. A Pro controller is a bluetooth controller, too, after all. The gamepad on the other side is connected through 5 GHz WiFi, so you would need to hack into two drivers and things would get way more complicated, adding input lag in the worst case.
Also most people want to use bluetooth controllers for games only and navigate the menu with the gamepad, so don't say such things just because it doesn't fit your usecase. There's a big, happy and thankful userbase and saying such things is just discrespectful to the developer while you're at the same time using a lot of their software on your Wii U (it's almost impossible to have a hacked console without software written by Gary these days).
ok thanks for the help and im also sorry for what I said. The thing is I'm trying to learn programming my self but they way I learn things is by teaching myself. I had no intention of insulting anyone or anybody I just meant I didnt/couldnt/woulndt understand. so, sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: V10lator

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm trying to learn programming my self but they way I learn things is by teaching myself.
Most Wii U developers started like this, so you're not alone. "Gary's homebrew stuff" Discord server is btw a good place to get started in case you want to do Wii U programming as all Wii U homebrew and CFW developers are there, helping each other. A basic understanding of C or C++ will help a lot through.
In fact Gary is one of the two CFW developers (Tiramisu and Aroma Maschell beeing the other developer who started these CFWs), that's one of the reasons it's almost impossible to hack a console without using their software. ;)

In case you want to learn C and/or C++ first you might want to have a look at https://www.edx.org/learn/computer-...rsity-cs50-s-introduction-to-computer-science but keep in mind that while this is free of charge it's still harvard, so a pretty steady leanring curve. Maybe a bit too much for a complete beginner but I would suggest to just have a look. After all you can quit whenever you want and nothing is lost (just don't get too frustated and quit the idea of programming completely).

BTW: IIRC Gary leaned everything for themself, too, and today they is one of the few having the skills to program the Wii Us GPUs in assembly (Ship of Harkinian, for example).

Myst3ry_MAN-08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you want to learn C and/or C++ first you might want to have a look at https://www.edx.org/learn/computer-...rsity-cs50-s-introduction-to-computer-science but keep in mind that while this is free of charge it's still harvard, so a pretty steady leanring curve. Maybe a bit too much for a complete beginner but I would suggest to just have a look. After all you can quit whenever you want and nothing is lost (just don't get too frustated and quit the idea of programming completely).
Thank you!!

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Most Wii U developers started like this, so you're not alone. "Gary's homebrew stuff" Discord server is btw a good place to get started in case you want to do Wii U programming as all Wii U homebrew and CFW developers are there, helping each other. A basic understanding of C or C++ will help a lot through.
In fact Gary is one of the two CFW developers (Tiramisu and Aroma Maschell beeing the other developer who started these CFWs), that's one of the reasons it's almost impossible to hack a console without using their software. ;)

BTW: IIRC Gary leaned everything for themself, too, and today they is one of the few having the skills to program the Wii Us GPUs in assembly (Ship of Harkinian, for example).

Thank you very much, I'll see and learn C ++ with your links ^^.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,

It'll be a good idea to make more games playables with two GamePad (we have a Space shooter demo), for example, I think about a patch for Nintendo Land with two ghosts in the attraction Luigi Mansion, and two ships for the attraction Metroid,... Another example : in Wii Fit U there are many many games like one where the Wii U GamePad is a server stray and the food mustn't fall off this server stray (It'll be fun to play it with two GamePad, two players).
I hope you will agree with me that will be great ^^.

Have a good day ^^.

Last edited by Jilou,

Sonom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely interested in learning C++ before diving into Wii U specifics. The Harvard course you linked looks impressive, but I understand it might be challenging for a beginner. I'll definitely check it out though, and appreciate the heads-up about the learning curve.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,

What about a new homebrew : SHMT ?
What is it ? That is :
"Simultaneous and heterogeneous multithreading (SHMT) is a software framework that takes advantage of heterogeneous computing systems that contain a mixture of central processing units (CPUs), graphics processing units (GPUs), and special purpose machine learning hardware. [...] SHMT can divide a single subtask across such processor types. Thus the fundamental breakthrough is to keep more processors working simultaneously, reducing time and energy costs."
(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simultaneous_and_heterogeneous_multithreading)
I let you search more informations, but if I well understand with my search : SHMT double the perform of a machine without break this machine (it's not an overclock).
I see a lot of possibilities with this homebrew (emulator like Ps1 /n64 / Sega Saturn will work better, and Wii U game like Zelda Breath of the Wild can works better,...).

Have a nice day ^^.

Doneyboney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuspli to power off console after downloads/installations are complete. Would be for downloading games overnight so Wii U isn't on for awhile after completion

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be neat to see an aroma plugin that automatically backs up/dumps a games save file whenever it gets closed or maybe just periodically

This combined with an FTP script on a PC would be a neat way to have cloud saves between retail and CEMU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played