Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
A wuhb app that allows you -from a list- to launch any vWii homebrew that is in your apps folder (similar to hbl2hbc but this time the app itself reads what's in your sd card so no need to make config files) with options like: resolution modes, output TV/Gamepad/Both, setting gamepad as a controller (if the selected homebrew allows it) and overclocking automatically (if the selected homebrew allows it).

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perfect dark was decompiled recently, similar to oot or sm64. I am really looking forward to see the same love for perfect dark

This message was posted almost a year ago, but recently we were witness of the first release of the port for the pc. Is there a chance that we'll get this fantastic port on the Wii U as well?:yayu:

Myst3ry_MAN-08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some form of app/channel that opens Gamebannana or some form of it where you can directly download mods straight to the sdcaffine folder for a certain game.

And also maybe a gamepad volume booster for headphones?

Last edited by Myst3ry_MAN-08,

SLG3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Maybe a port of Citra for the Wii U? I seen the retroarch version of Citra is based on OpenGL 3.3, and GX2, the Wii U's API, is based on OpenGL 3.3 too, so i thought there are chances but i'm not sure.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A wuhb app that allows you -from a list- to launch any vWii homebrew that is in your apps folder (similar to hbl2hbc but this time the app itself reads what's in your sd card so no need to make config files) with options like: resolution modes, output TV/Gamepad/Both, setting gamepad as a controller (if the selected homebrew allows it) and overclocking automatically (if the selected homebrew allows it).
Doesn't quite have all the features, but a Homebrew called WiiVC Launch has most of them

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,

Like on Wii : play local multiplayer game online (for exemple playing Nintendo Land online).

Have a good day ^^.

brownjg

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know we already have br by V10lator, and it's great (it inverts the x and y axis on the right joystick). I would really like a fork of this which only inverts the y-axis. It's this possible? It would be a lifesaver (on Wind waker for one!!!).

Anikemi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
impossible as the 3DS doesn't have 5ghz wi-fi, so streaming video from the Wii U to the 3DS quick enough is impossible.
Streaming smooth video it's not neccesary in a lot of games. Just the console thinking the 3DS is the gamepad and accepting it as a main controller. Maybe just for the new 3ds, bc the inputs buttons are similar to the gamepad ones.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Streaming smooth video it's not neccesary in a lot of games. Just the console thinking the 3DS is the gamepad and accepting it as a main controller. Maybe just for the new 3ds, bc the inputs buttons are similar to the gamepad ones.
Again, this would require 5GHz Wi-Fi on the 3DS's end, OR a very special plugin on the Wii U to make it use the 2.4GHz band for gamepad communication.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@jeffyTheHomebrewer I might be wrong but AFAIK it had been tried the other way around: Streaming the 3DS screen to the Wii U via WiFi / LAN. The conclusion was that the 3DS WiFi is too slow even for the low resolution of the 3DS with heavy compression.

So @Anikemi in theory it might be possibe to do all that over (W)LAN but you won't get happy with it.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
@jeffyTheHomebrewer I might be wrong but AFAIK it had been tried the other way around: Streaming the 3DS screen to the Wii U via WiFi / LAN. The conclusion was that the 3DS WiFi is too slow even for the low resolution of the 3DS with heavy compression.

So @Anikemi in theory it might be possibe to do all that over (W)LAN but you won't get happy with it.
Yeah. It feels like at most we could get input streaming, and even then, how would the touchscreen be mapped properly?
It honest to god feels like it'd be easier to get a PS Vita to work as a replacement gamepad (has dual sticks, a user-facing camera, and ZL/ZR could just be mapped to the rear touchpad) with a USB accessory to give it 5Ghz Wi-Fi. If not connect to the console directly with a USB cable..

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How about a game like "Overcooked".
Really love this game with friends. There are several party games on the Wii U, but imo Overcooked will make the collection complete.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I think about an update to the Wii Fit Meter which show us directly how many meters we made on the day... An others things like this... I don't think it's possible to make a remote tv with the Wii Fit Meter or put games on the Wii Fit Meter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next