Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is obviously theoretical and not possible at the moment, but it would be nice to see Sonic Origins Plus ported to Wii U the same way Sonic Mania Plus was some day. It would probably have to be decompiled first, which to my knowledge hasn’t happened yet and probably won’t for some time. Just thought I would throw it out there though.

zmatt25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty self explanatory. Comment down below what homebrew you want to see on the Wii U. Try not to say things that are too unrealistic, like emulators for next gen consoles, or stupid things like that. Other than that, go nuts! Oh, and just a note to devs, if you see a request you want to do, please quote it saying you're going to do it so we don't have any confusion.

REQUESTS
Undertale
Doom (Ultimate and II)
Wolfenstein 3D
Mugen
Asteroids - @brienj - https://gbatemp.net/threads/ast-u-roids-v2-0-elf-for-homebrew-launcher.425045/
Simon
Arkanoid/Brick Breaker
Solitare
Cookie Clicker
Command and Conquer: Tiberium Dawn
Castlevania online
Nemesis online
Rockman 7/8 Famicom version
RPG Maker
Zelda Dungeon Maker
Alto's Adventure
Retroarch (all cores)
Computers:
Linux
x86
x68000
DOS
Consoles:
Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance
NES
SNES
N64
PS1
PSP
Genesis
CD-i
DS with bottom screen on the Gamepad
Arcade:
MAME
Other:
Android
Kodi
Movie player
WiiMC
Cheat menu
Gamepad screen dimmer
Downgrader
Auto-update blocker
NAND backup/restore
Unity tester
Riivolution/HANS type app
Priiloader type app
GC-VPAD
Nintendont directly from the Homebrew Launcher
A CFW for blocking updates, accessing eshop, and removing region lock on discs
Recovery mode/Anti-brick
Screen streaming app
Manga reader
Savegame transfer to Loadiine
File viewer
Better screenshot tool
Camera
GC to Wii Remote
Comic book reader
Freeshop clone
Autoboot
VNC to Android
GBAtemp app
Easy mode for games
Proper N64 emulator

PGSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Long story short: A way to manually update an out of region gamepad would be nice.

Long story long:

Basically I'm currently using an American gamepad (that I got with a broken console) on a replacement European console (I used UDPIH to link it) and while it does work, some features seem to be broken or outright not working at all (can't enable Quick Start menu for example, just says "Applying settings..." for a bit and then stays disabled) because of the outdated firmware (since both UDPIH and the DRC Region Free plugin for Aroma basically bypass the updates entirely instead of installing them).

Attached below is my current firmware version I got through System Config Tool, where you can clearly see it's outdated as the version should be equal to the DRH one (also there's meant to be an option to update it through the tool itself but I assume that's only available on actual devkit units?)

Attachments

• WiiUGamepadFW.png
    WiiUGamepadFW.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 59

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody ^^,

Does it exist a N Gage emulator on Wii U ? If no, do you know if someone is working on it ?

I've just discovered a handle console called Gizmondo, does someone else know it ? Maybe someone can emulate this console on Wii U, it will be awesome, the Wii U will be the first console who can emulate this handle console ^^.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everybody ^^,

Does it exist a N Gage emulator on Wii U ? If no, do you know if someone is working on it ?

I've just discovered a handle console called Gizmondo, does someone else know it ? Maybe someone can emulate this console on Wii U, it will be awesome, the Wii U will be the first console who can emulate this handle console ^^.
why would someone be randomly working on an ngage emulator? lol there is little to no interest besides like 4 or 5 games every other game exist in other devices in better quality.

gizmondo only has less than 15 games and they all kinda suck...

just too much work for little pay off on those 2 devices.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
why would someone be randomly working on an ngage emulator? lol there is little to no interest besides like 4 or 5 games every other game exist in other devices in better quality.

gizmondo only has less than 15 games and they all kinda suck...

just too much work for little pay off on those 2 devices.

I think it will be good to have more possibilities of emulation on Wii U... And then more people listen about the Wii U on the web and on the recent informations and more people would like to return on the Wii U...

Or if someone can work on Yabause (the Sega Saturn emulator) to put dynarec and more than two players (emulate a multitap, I trying hard to do that but I'm not enough good...), I think it worth for the Sega Saturn on the Wii U

Reactions: slider86

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been suggested before, maybe there's even already a plugin for Aroma for it, but what about a replacement menu interface for the Wii U? Is that even possible? Like a "Simple Wii U Menu" or something. Feel free to use that as the name if you make one, or use a different name, I mean if you make it you'd obviously get to name it.

My thoughts are something like a list of all apps that you can scroll through, as well as category pages for them -- Wii U games, system & settings applets, Wii VC (which could have sub-categories for official eshop ones and injected ones), N64 VC (again with sub-categories), homebrew apps, and custom categories, as well as maybe a recently used category. It could be a plugin that replaces the normal Wii U menu, and with an option to turn icons on or off for the apps listed (the icons would display beside their titles), as well as having a search function and sorting function.

Ideally you'd also be able to set it to display something closer to the normal Wii U menu, the way Wii loaders like USB Loader GX can display the Wii channel layout to look like it does on Wii. But you'd be getting rid of folders and replacing them with categories, categories which can overlap like the groups on Switch or on Steam so that if you had a Mario category and a Multiplayer category, Super Mario 3D World and all the others could show up in both.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea if this went hand in hand with that often-suggested bypassing of the 300 title limit (has that been implemented in Aroma?) -- I know a lot of people don't care about that, I don't really care about it myself since the Wii U has so few games and I don't tend to do a lot of injections, the 2 TB HDD I got seems wasted on Wii U. But maybe just doing a totally different menu interface like this would already bypass the 300 title limit anyway? I don't know how it works to be honest.

All of that is probably very ambitious though, I only bring up the idea because I was planning to loan the Wii U to friends for a bit and realized that when they make user profiles they're not going to have everything neatly sorted into folders. Alphabetizing helps, I know there's a sorter for that, but they'd still have to wait for icons to load on each page and scroll sideways through the pages and highlight each one to actually see its title if they don't recognize it just from the icon. It'll be tedious for them.

It's just an idea though, I'm not expecting anything to come of it, I only wanted to say "wow, wouldn't this be neat?"

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been suggested before, maybe there's even already a plugin for Aroma for it, but what about a replacement menu interface for the Wii U? Is that even possible? Like a "Simple Wii U Menu" or something. Feel free to use that as the name if you make one, or use a different name, I mean if you make it you'd obviously get to name it.

My thoughts are something like a list of all apps that you can scroll through, as well as category pages for them -- Wii U games, system & settings applets, Wii VC (which could have sub-categories for official eshop ones and injected ones), N64 VC (again with sub-categories), homebrew apps, and custom categories, as well as maybe a recently used category. It could be a plugin that replaces the normal Wii U menu, and with an option to turn icons on or off for the apps listed (the icons would display beside their titles), as well as having a search function and sorting function.

Ideally you'd also be able to set it to display something closer to the normal Wii U menu, the way Wii loaders like USB Loader GX can display the Wii channel layout to look like it does on Wii. But you'd be getting rid of folders and replacing them with categories, categories which can overlap like the groups on Switch or on Steam so that if you had a Mario category and a Multiplayer category, Super Mario 3D World and all the others could show up in both.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea if this went hand in hand with that often-suggested bypassing of the 300 title limit (has that been implemented in Aroma?) -- I know a lot of people don't care about that, I don't really care about it myself since the Wii U has so few games and I don't tend to do a lot of injections, the 2 TB HDD I got seems wasted on Wii U. But maybe just doing a totally different menu interface like this would already bypass the 300 title limit anyway? I don't know how it works to be honest.

All of that is probably very ambitious though, I only bring up the idea because I was planning to loan the Wii U to friends for a bit and realized that when they make user profiles they're not going to have everything neatly sorted into folders. Alphabetizing helps, I know there's a sorter for that, but they'd still have to wait for icons to load on each page and scroll sideways through the pages and highlight each one to actually see its title if they don't recognize it just from the icon. It'll be tedious for them.

It's just an idea though, I'm not expecting anything to come of it, I only wanted to say "wow, wouldn't this be neat?"
Multiple sub-categories like VCs would probably need either title ID-based seperation which proooobably wouldn't be THAT hard to code in, or just custom user-made folders which would technically be more flexible and easier to put in.
Post automatically merged:

And I don't even know how we'd identify legit VCs from injected ones without just checking them against a list of "real" VC title IDs.

MelMellon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I know there's a Homebrew app that lets you remap connected USB controllers freely and I've heard that there's a way to rebind Wii U Gamepad buttons within it, but I would like to see an app that's purely for remapping the Wii U Gamepad if possible. Primarily I want the option to swap the bumpers (L/R) with the triggers (ZL/ZR) for use with VC DS games. The one fault of the DS VC is that you're forced to use bumpers for actions that are far better suited for the comfortable triggers.

Trophies
XP
A simple to use tool to create forwarders to homebrew programs on the launcher

Not really possible to do on the latest CFWs unless you want really buggy forwarders that can't even open or exit properly.

Forwarders or rather Channel apps need to implement a ProcUI loop in order to handle the app's foreground and background state, which allow it to exit cleanly without crashing. This is impossible to add unless you have the source code of the app in question, and are willing to modify it to adopt this practice.

The unfortunate thing about a lot of Homebrew- especially older ones is that they haven't been updated in so long, so their libraries and dependencies are all out of date, and would basically require being re-written from the ground up (preferably using WUT).

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody,
It will be very great if Game Gear emulator and Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS emulator will be improve to play on it with two player (why more players with Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS)...

Gunstorm

xD
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Is possibile to Port chromium web browser or another with webkit as homebrew to wiiu? (Think to revive YouTube or Netflix or maybe xcloud)
Post automatically merged:

Is possibile to Port chromium web browser or another with webkit as homebrew to wiiu? (Think to revive YouTube or Netflix or maybe xcloud)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?